Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Theories on LeBron James: WTF?

Lebron is not the best player in the NBA....I don't think he is the best player on his team.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Is there anything more retarded than people still harping on LeBron's "post-game"?

Can anyone name a single 26 year old perimeter player in NBA history who posted up? I'm amazed by how ignorant fans tend to be about the game. Who the heck is even posting up in this league that drives people to be so critical of LeBron's inability to do so? There isn't a single perimeter player in the NBA who relies on back-to-the-basket skills to be productive on the court. Hardly anyone even has these skills.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Is there anything more retarded than people still harping on LeBron's "post-game"?

Can anyone name a single 26 year old perimeter player in NBA history who posted up? I'm amazed by how ignorant fans tend to be about the game. Who the heck is even posting up in this league that drives people to be so critical of LeBron's inability to do so? There isn't a single perimeter player in the NBA who relies on back-to-the-basket skills to be productive on the court. Hardly anyone even has these skills.
    u sound angry

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    However, last night's game was even more puzzling. I don't know if it's the pressure, or the fact that Miami is expected to win the series and he thought Wade could do the heavy lifting and get Miami a title after seeing how well, he's played this series, who knows? Maybe he hasn't adjusted to playing well with another star. I mean, Lebron is so used to being expected to win almost single handedly, never on any of his Cleveland teams was their another guy who you could expect to be the MVP of a series other than Lebron or carry the team. Maybe he loses his focus and intensity when deferring to another player. And there are definitely times when you have to defer when you play with a player as good as Wade and have a 3rd option as good as Bosh, but there also has to be a balance when you're an elite player yourself, much less the best player in the league like Lebron is. Maybe he hasn't figured out how to find that balance?
    Good points. I think he handled all of problems in life with the basketball in his hand. And now he doesn't even know how to fit in the equation of winning with the Heat. He has to get used to things happening without his hand on the steering wheel to control the car. Maybe it reminds him of separation, or loosing control. My lady is a forensic psychologist and she tells me we all have those fears. I think he goes thru stages of negligence and just doesn't participate.

Banned

Lebron is a frontrunner who only does well when his team is doing well. Thats how it's been throughout his career and why I dont think things will suddenly change in this series. He needs to be told he is the best and that no one can stop him. But when he gets down, he stays down.

Banned

Really, the stuff about him acting like he's not in the game is exaggerated. He's still a beast on defense, and he's still getting Bosh some really good shots on offense, which is a big reason they've played well despite his lack of scoring.
    But then, there is his scoring. Really, it's just his jumpshot. When his jumpshot is on, like against Chicago, he's unstoppable. You can't just pack the paint and stop him from getting 30 points nightly. However, when his jumpshot falters (not that he's a bad shooter anymore, but he's wildly inconsistent with it) it also really dampens his ability to get inside, so that really more then anything he ends of relying on bad defense and transition opportunities to score. Usually that's enough for 20 points, but last night the Mavericks ramped there D up (No Peja helped, he let Lebron score almost 5 points alone in game 3) and basically shut Lebron down. Which should not happen. Even if the D is pefect, Lebron should be putting up 20 points every night, even when his jumper is off.

Banned

U serious?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJWADE
    U serious?
    I am. I'd love to read a rebuttal from you.

yes silly us.....what 6'9" 275lbs basketball player would want to learn how to play in the post...

especially added to to the fact that he just joined a team with a top 5 alltime SG who can attack of the dribble and create...

much better to never get a confidant back to the basket game......and just stand on the 3pt line gazing.

__________________________________________________ _______________

answer your question.....

TMAC
    Penny
    Kobe
    Glen Robinson
    Dominique
    even Drexler had a post game.....

Lebron is bigger , Faster and more explosive then all those Great perimeter players.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 06-09-2011 at 12:59 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

There isn't a single perimeter player in the NBA who relies on back-to-the-basket skills to be productive on the court. Hardly anyone even has these skills.
    What?

Have you seen kobe at all this year? All he did was post people up.

Banned

Even if they dont post up. They still have a back to the basket game. Lebron does not

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

Jordan.

And Lebron lacks perimeter skills like shooting too. Hell he can't even shoot over 80% at FTs

Banned

I am. I'd love to read a rebuttal from you.
    Kobe's post up skills are exceptional...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gs1x...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0o5_gsF78
    Last edited by LBJWADE; 06-09-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    What?

Have you seen kobe at all this year? All he did was post people up.
    Kobe posted up 300 times this season to LeBron's 160. And that's beside the point anyway. Find me a perimeter player around LeBron's age in NBA history who posted up. Not a 30+ year old who has to compensate for declining athleticism through other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    Jordan.
    MJ didn't truly begin playing with his back to the basket until 90-91, when he started lifting. Prior to that his post-work consisted of catching the ball and shooting turnaround jumpers. He certainly wasn't backing anyone down.