Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Default Re: Cousins vs Favors revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Artest
    It's Philly that made the big mistake. Evan Turner should have been at #4 to Minnesota.

1. WAS - Wall
    2. PHI - Cousins
    3. NJN - Favors
    4. MIN - Turner (bust-ass player for a bust-ass franchise)
    5. SAC - Johnson or someone else.
    oh man you are so wrong about Turner. He's going to be a very good player. He's got that Steph Curry/Brandon Roy rhythm, which never seems to fail as long as the talent is there.

Cousins will probably have better stats throughout his career because his offense is already there. Favors still needs to work on his post game a lot, as well as eventually develop a little jumper. Favors goes PERFECTLY with Brook though because Brook's weaknesses (rebounding and defense) is Derrick's strong points.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    oh man you are so wrong about Turner. He's going to be a very good player. He's got that Steph Curry/Brandon Roy rhythm, which never seems to fail as long as the talent is there.
    Nostradamus!

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    Good call.

at anyone that had Favors over Cousins.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Cousins has already had problems with his coach while Favors talks about playing D. Until Favors gets a chance to play big minutes on a regular basis it's too early to call. Monroe is the best of the 3 right now.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Good call.

at anyone that had Favors over Cousins.
    Favors hasn't been getting minutes at all. I would say Cousins is better than him at this point, but Favors is going to break out pretty soon if Ty Corbin ever gives him some minutes. Right now? Yeah Cousins is better, in the future? Still hard to say. I think Favors and Cousins are two completely different players anyway. Favors seems like more of a Tyson Chandler type player with a little bit of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Cousins has already had problems with his coach while Favors talks about playing D.
    8/5 in 20 minutes on a team with a losing record.

He was an athlete without a lot of basketball skill or experience coming out of GT and it showed from the start. You can't learn to play the game at the NBA level. He's Samuel Dalembert redux, though it does appear he gives more consistent effort.

He's not half the player Cousins, who will be an All Star for a decade, is.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

8/5 in 20 minutes on a team with a losing record.

He was an athlete without a lot of basketball skill or experience coming out of GT and it showed from the start. You can't learn to play the game at the NBA level.

Thats not Favors fault unless there's stuff going on practice that I don't know of, he's outplaying Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap on defense by a mile and his offense has been improving a bunch in games lately. That's on Ty Corbin because he's coming off the bench and deserving of more minutes.

I do get your point actually and see what your saying. I just find Favors and Cousins completely different type of players in this league. Favors needs minutes so everyone can find out instead of this team being mediocre.
    Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 03-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Banned

As a Jazz fan, I'd take Cousins pretty easily. Favors looks nice on the defensive end, but really mechanical on offense, and has begun to shoot jumpers that he's plainly awful at.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    As a Jazz fan, I'd take Cousins pretty easily. Favors looks nice on the defensive end, but really mechanical on offense, and has begun to shoot jumpers that he's plainly awful at.
    My point about him exactly.

He has no offensive skill set. None. Had none coming out of college. Just a big, raw body.

He can get minutes all night long, and that's always what he's going to be. The things he needs to develop are things you learn in high school and college, not at the NBA level. For a defensive minded guy, he's not even a very instinctive rebounder.

Cousins is extremely skilled. Very well rounded. Not quite the athlete, but certainly good enough. Not without his flaws; the Westphal thing was ugly, but Smart raves about his work ethic and attitude. His team can get better around him and be really strong inside for a long time. Favors will never help except on one end of the floor.

Banned

My point about him exactly.

He has no offensive skill set. None. Had none coming out of college. Just a big, raw body.

He can get minutes all night long, and that's always what he's going to be. The things he needs to develop are things you learn in high school and college, not at the NBA level.

Cousins is extremely skilled. Very well rounded. Not quite the athlete, but certainly good enough. Not without his flaws; the Westphal thing was ugly, but Smart raves about his work ethic and attitude. His team can get better around him and be really strong inside for a long time. Favors will never help except on one end of the floor.
    None is an exaggeration. He's obviously learned quite a bit from Jefferson this year, but he's just not on the level of Cousins right now. I didn't think he'd amount to anything on offense coming out of College, but he doesn't look outright bad as of now, and he's averaging 15 points per 36, which is pretty impressive for a big in his second season

He's Samuel Dalembert redux, though it does appear he gives more consistent effort.
    He's been inconsistent but he shows more offensive potential than Dalembert.

Cousins is more advanced offensively but if he lives up to the Rasheed comparisons I'd take Favors or Monroe.

he's not even a very instinctive rebounder.
    But he's a good rebounder. I prefer Kanter over Favors anyway though he's struggled a bit recently.

Cousins got moves and he has improved enormously this season Cousins and Monroe are the future elite centers. Cousins needs to sort out all controversy though, a week ago he was accused of sending indecent pictures of himself to a female staff

I thought it was well known that Cousins was more talented, it was just a question of maturity and attitude. I mean most said that if it wasn't for his attitude he'd probably contend for the #1 or #2 pick.

And his character hasn't exactly been top notch in Sacramento.

Let's not ignore that Cousins is one of the main guys on the Kings where as Favors isn't on Utah. Then again, that's due to skill too.

Personally, I didn't think it was hard during the draft to see the better player: Cousins. It just depends on if you think his attitude is so bad that it would ruin a team's success.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Let's not ignore that Cousins is one of the main guys on the Kings where as Favors isn't on Utah. Then again, that's due to skill too.
    Not sure Cousins would be playing over Millsap or Jefferson either? Supposedly the Jazz were one of the teams that tried to get him when the Westphal suspended him surprisingly enough so they think he's better than Favors and/or Kanter too I guess.