Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: MJ on KB24: "I would say he has got to be in the Top 10."

Quote Originally Posted by catch24

I don't know about 100 points, but man oh man, he'd have a field day with these weak ass rules.
    I can agree with that, i do really think he could get 100 pts though...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Yes.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by catch24

I don't know about 100 points, but man oh man, he'd have a field day with these weak ass rules.
    Agreed. No where near 100 (is he crazy? ), but I can see multiple games of 65-75 from age 24-30, maybe an outlier of 80ish.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 10-08-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

With how everyone here's upset about his comments. . .

What exactly could he have possibly said to make everyone happy? You know he's not going to say Kobe's better than him. What did you guys expect, since you knew he wasn't going to say that?

He was saying he was one of the best guards ever, but that's bad since he didn't say top 2-3? :\

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    MJ is praying kobe doesnt win any more rings.
    imo he's still better even if Kobe does win another ring or two. If he matches MJ's rings, that's just one thing to check off on the checklist of simply breaking even with him. There are many other things he still hasn't done, and at this point. . .physically can't make up anymore. (The MVPs, Finals MVPs, scoring titles, career averages, season averages, Finals and playoffs averages, and debatably his window to win a DPOY has closed too).

What Kobe can still do, is win another ring or two (and not neccessarily over the next two years).

If anything, I'd say Kobe is praying Phil Jackson and the Lakers ownership don't pack it in after this season, and praying they win two more titles. . .since having one more ring than Jordan is his only hope of being even debatably equal to or better than him since he doesn't measure up in any other greatness category.

MJ might've been worried back right after the first Shaq/Kobe three peat, since it's like whoa, halfway there already and he's starting to put up good numbers. But the years in between that and this last back to back title run for L.A. pretty much killed his chances of surpassing. MJ ain't worried anymore.

Not tryin' to hate, just sayin'. Best Kobe can do is be the #2-3 guard at this point, which isn't exactly a bad thing. I think he's already reached #3 guard status actually, I only consider Magic to be a better all time guard now. He's also cracked the top 10 GOAT list for most people already too.

But MJ worried? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by chomskytool
    anyone who actually watched jordan play would not disagree with any thing he says in this article, especially with the part about 100 pts in a game.

mj scored over 60 against one of the GOAT teams of all times in the Playoffs
    kobe scored 81 against one of the worst teams in the league in the regular season.

if anyone doesnt think jordan couldn't match or exceed 100 points in how the game is played now, your simply an idiot and a hater.

remember again freakin David Robinson scored 70 in a game.....again the regular freakin season!!!

we are talking about prime Jordan!!!
    You talk as if David Robinson is a scrub or something. He was averaging almost 30 PPG that year. And he was banging fadeaways and beating double teams and dunking all over people the whole game.

I hate how people diminish that performance. Guys were defending him hard the whole game. .and it was a close game until the 4th quarter (and he already had 55ish points and sealed the scoring title for the season before it started to become a blowout).

Highlights of game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRB4qIzDXy0

NBA rookie of the year

Honestly, MJ in the past has shown that he respects the history of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if he's talking more from a "best player" perspective than from a "career resume" perspective. And if that's the case, he's probably thinking of guys like Magic, West, Oscar, and himself. Maybe Dr. J if he's considering him a guard. All those guys have a case as being just as good as Kobe or even superior peak vs. peak in terms of level of play. Still, top 10 is stretching it a bit since those are the only ones with a case imo; I just think he didn't really consider it long enough before he answered.

NBA sixth man of the year

I like it. Rather than saying top 2 or top 3, MJ says top 10. More fuel for Bryant this upcoming season. You know dude needs that fuel.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    With how everyone here's upset about his comments. . .
    No one before your post sounded upset.

Quote Originally Posted by JM720
    No one before your post sounded upset.
    I didn't sound upset either, so there's that.

Couple people were upset he said, "top 10 guards", instead of using a lower number. He wasn't saying he was the #10 guard. I mean, technically Jordan's a "top 10 guard".

He was prolly just trying to be sarcastic by not saying top 5 or top 3 or whatever for guards. We all know Kobe's in the top 10 for GOAT, so it don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    If Kobe got 10 rings it would not be an indictation he is a better player than Jordan.
    This.

LAL|LAC

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkey
    I think this was more interesting:

How has the game changed from your playing days?
    Jordan: It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously. Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points.
    MJ = truth.

NBA lottery pick

Man ***** please. Jordan knows Kobe is top 10 period

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

anyone who actually watched jordan play would not disagree with any thing he says in this article, especially with the part about 100 pts in a game.

kobe scored 81 against one of the worst teams in the league in the regular season.

if anyone doesnt think jordan couldn't match or exceed 100 points in how the game is played now, your simply an idiot and a hater.

remember again freakin David Robinson scored 70 in a game.....again the regular freakin season!!!

even so you sound like 5 year old defending his best pokemon card

Heat|Lakers|Celtics

Does this mean Kobe is not the GOAT ?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

LOL.
    MJ also played against some of the worst teams of all time and he never whiffed anywhere close to 81. MJ played in the era of expansion teams.