Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Default From one Kobe fan to another...

I've been a fan of Kobe's for most of his career but I always thought that comparing Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan was the equivalent of comparing Usher to Michael Jackson.

Yeah it makes sense in the grand scheme of things b/c obviously they're both influenced by their industry's respective G.O.A.T.s but really? Has it ever been worth a serious debate?

I typically don't waste my time arguing with Kobe fans who take it too far and try to say Kobe's better than MJ...

To me, that was like arguing with a 15 year old girl who was mesmerized by Confessions and never saw Thriller, never listened to the entire Bad or Off the Wall albums, never saw Motown 25 or a MJ concert performance, and never heard a Jackson 5 greatest hits. Sometimes when you have to just nod your head and smile...

As a Kobe guy, it's not over til it's over. But please stop the Kobe> Jordan sh*t. Some of you guys are showing ur age...(ugh em!, 90's babies...smh)
    You just look silly and naive.

Decent playground baller I'm Seriously's Avatar

Default Re: From one Kobe fan to another...

That is an insult to Kobe Bryant.

Kobe may not be as good as Jordan, but he's still one of the greatest basketball players ever.

While Usher is average at best.

great comparison

i've never seen anyone saying kobe>jordan
    but some people here must think jordan is god and think that he would have won a title with smush parker as his second option most kobe threads are started by kobe haters trying to bash kobe
    they don't respect kobe at all i don't know why

Kobe is par with Jordan in terms of skill and talent. I always felt the biggest difference between the two was the way they applied their skills, which to me is a product moreso of IQ. Jordan's is superior.... that and Jordan simply has physical advantages over Kobe that allowed him to do a few things that Kobe simply isn't physically capable of.

Banned

Jordan = Michael
    Kobe = Tito

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Kobe is par with Jordan in terms of skill and talent. I always felt the biggest difference between the two was the way they applied their skills, which to me is a product moreso of IQ. Jordan's is superior.... that and Jordan simply has physical advantages over Kobe that allowed him to do a few things that Kobe simply isn't physically capable of.
    i also think so..
    Maybe its because since the childhood Kobe spent motly his time to play one on one with his father...

but he still one of greats

Thats the difference between greatest of all players and one of the greatest player.

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Seriously
    That is an insult to Kobe Bryant.

Kobe may not be as good as Jordan, but he's still one of the greatest basketball players ever.

While Usher is average at best.
    I think that's up for debate. As an artist and performer, I wouldn't call Usher average at all. Probably a matter of musical taste tho.

However, think about Usher during the height of his popularity during the Confession album and ask yourself what other R&B/Pop artist has mirrored Michael Jackson as closely and as successfully as Usher?

You'd be hard pressed to find any artist that both sings and dances that hasn't studied or attempted mirror Michael Jackson in some fashion...

If Usher's average, who's above average? Justin Timberlake? Chris Brown? Ne-Yo? Omarion?...Pleaze... Sorry but of the new generation of singing and dancing male R&B artists, Usher has risen above the rest similarly to how Kobe has risen above his pears who have also been similarly influenced by the MJ of their business. D-Wade, T-Mac, LeBron, Vince Carter... Kobe's been more successful then all these guys and therein lie the heart of the analogy.

MJ > Kobe

NEXT

Decent playground baller I'm Seriously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    I think that's up for debate. As an artist and performer, I wouldn't call Usher average at all. Probably a matter of musical taste tho.

However, think about Usher during the height of his popularity during the Confession album and ask yourself what other R&B/Pop artist has mirrored Michael Jackson as closely and as successfully as Usher?

You'd be hard pressed to find any artist that both sings and dances that hasn't studied or attempted mirror Michael Jackson in some fashion...

If Usher's average, who's above average? Justin Timberlake? Chris Brown? Ne-Yo? Omarion?...Pleaze... Sorry but of the new generation of singing and dancing male R&B artists, Usher has risen above the rest similarly to how Kobe has risen above his pears who have also been similarly influenced by the MJ of their business. D-Wade, T-Mac, LeBron, Vince Carter... Kobe's been more successful then all these guys and therein lie the heart of the analogy.
    I don't, and I've never really had any sort of interest for R&B/Pop. So I can't answer you as to whether or not Usher is/was hyped up as this generation's Michael Jackson, as Kobe is hyped as this generation's Michael Jordan. But as a basketball player Kobe's one of the greatest ever....I don't see how anyone with any sort of good musical knowledge can say the same about Usher as a performer.

Now if in fact Usher is hyped up as this generation's Michael Jackson like Kobe is as this generation's Jordan, then I completely understand your analogy.

But I find It absurd to compare Kobe Bryant as a basketball player, to Usher as a performer.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Next Jordan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    i've never seen anyone saying kobe>jordan
    but some people here must think jordan is god and think that he would have won a title with smush parker as his second option most kobe threads are started by kobe haters trying to bash kobe
    they don't respect kobe at all i don't know why
    Wow, I didn't think anyone who has been on insidehoops could legitimately make that claim.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hkfosho
    MJ > Kobe

NEXT
    Kareem > Jordan

NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Kareem > Jordan in total points only

NEXT
    NEXT

Banned

Wilt > All

But anyway I agree. It's not fair to down Kobe because he doesn't match up to Jordan..the best SG ever and considered by many to be the greatest player ever. Just appreciate the fact that you are witnessing a Top 10 player right now and that he won't be around forever. Both are their own players. Jordan is Jordan and Kobe is Kobe. Jordan retired years ago..just let Kobe do him and continue to add to his already illustrious career.