Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #91
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Western Division: The race between the Nugs, Jazz and Rockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
No, we'll beat Dallas in the playoffs.

We only played them once last year with our full roster (i.e. both Yao and McGrady) and we beat them by 30+ that game.

Yeah, one regular season game to a team that was coasting and had multiple win streaks.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #92
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
Yeah, one regular season game to a team that was coasting and had multiple win streaks.
Coasting?

It was Dallas' first game of the season, bud. Which could be equally less relevant, but it wasn't in the middle of the regular season. But still, we whipped that ass and then they never saw Yao and McGrady together again all the year.

But we didn't lose a 8 seed, either.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #93
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

Actually, it was Dallas' 2nd game of the year. Yao balled on them. Didn't he score like 36 and 12? I've always been so pissed when we've played the Mavs without a full roster. We're as difficult a match up for them if not moreso than Golden State. Not having Yao that game when McGrady scored 45 and we were up by 11 in the 3rd quarter killed us.

I'm with you though Fatboy, it amazes me to see people predicting us to lose more games this year than last and we didn't have Yao for 32 games. Rockets just gotta prove it, all talk aside.
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #94
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
No offense, but one game? It doesn't mean much of anything.

And Yao missing 32 games doesn't appear to be much of a fluke. It's kinda like AK missing games. You've just gotta roll with the punches.

As the regular seasons were on relatively equal ground, people look to the post season, where Utah beat the Rockets, and therefore have "evidence" that the Jazz had better chemistry overall. Then come the rankings.

With your logic GS will win more games than Dallas

With your logic Cleveland will win more games than Detroit.

----------------

Last 3 years
SA Best record in the west lost in the West Conf Semis
SA last two championship 2nd and 3rb best record in the west.

Last four years in the NBA the team with the better record never went to the NBA final.

The recent history said that regular season have nothing to do with playoff success.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:04 AM   #95
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
With your logic GS will win more games than Dallas

With your logic Cleveland will win more games than Detroit.

----------------

No, that was not my point. My point was that Utah and Houston had nearly identical records, but Utah won. Many would point that towards Utah having greater chemistry and therefore doing better the next season.

Last edited by Darkess : 08-13-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:46 AM   #96
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll say Utah will end up with 5 to 10 more wins then Houston, not because they are a vastly superior team, because Houston will be working with a new coach, a whole bunch of new players so they may hit some bumps in the road at the start of the season. With that being said, I think they are an excellent team, and if they meet in the playoffs it'll be an awesome series (If Houston had guys like Mike James, Bonzi Wells and Steve Francis last year, I think they would have won.)
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:27 AM   #97
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
No, that was not my point. My point was that Utah and Houston had nearly identical records, but Utah won. Many would point that towards Utah having greater chemistry and therefore doing better the next season.

Well that a good point. But don't bring because they won a 7 game series in the last 5 min of a game 7 as the reason why they will have a better regular season record, because everybody that follows basketball, knows that regular season records and playoff success have nothing in common, playoff is more a match-up issue, I almost guarantee you that Houston probably win at least 2 games if they face SA more that what Utah did, just because they present better match-up problems to SA that Utah did. Even the Nuggets gave SA more problems than Utah , but I don't think Denver will have a better record than the Jazz.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:45 AM   #98
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I'll say Utah will end up with 5 to 10 more wins then Houston, not because they are a vastly superior team, because Houston will be working with a new coach, a whole bunch of new players so they may hit some bumps in the road at the start of the season. With that being said, I think they are an excellent team, and if they meet in the playoffs it'll be an awesome series (If Houston had guys like Mike James, Bonzi Wells and Steve Francis last year, I think they would have won.)

I think Utah will win 49 to 51, that mean that 10 games less for Houston will give them a 39-41 wins, something that in my opinion will not get you in the playoff next year. Let me tell you as long Yao and Tracy stay healthy, they will win 48+ games. unless you think Utah will win 55 to 60 games, then 10 games is a little bit to extreme. An Adelman sys will let the players adapt faster than JVG sys a more structured one dimensional team, Just see what happen to Snider and Novak they just looked lost in JVG system. Yao, T-Mac, Steve and James are veterans and will adapt quickly and Wells already knows the sys and have success, And the good thing is that all of this players have already play in some point together, James Yao and T-Mac did and have success and Yao and Francis are great friends and they all love the city and always wanted to play for the rockets.

Last edited by el_locoteee : 08-13-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #99
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I almost guarantee you that Houston probably win at least 2 games if they face SA more that what Utah did, just because they present better match-up problems to SA that Utah did. Even the Nuggets gave SA more problems than Utah , but I don't think Denver will have a better record than the Jazz.

I might give you one more win than Utah, but you're right, Utah hasn't beat SA for like 10 years.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #100
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
I almost guarantee you that Houston probably win at least 2 games if they face SA more that what Utah did, just because they present better match-up problems to SA that Utah did. Even the Nuggets gave SA more problems than Utah , but I don't think Denver will have a better record than the Jazz.

I might give you one more win than Utah, but you're right, Utah hasn't beat SA for like 10 years.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #101
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: