Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Re: All Time Draft Round 1 Eastern Conference 5vs12 and 4vs13

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    My initial thoughts are that Battier And Sikma are going to get more minutes off the bench than usual. Amare is athletic enough to defend Barkley but not strong enough, Sampson is mobile enough but again, not strong enough which is why I'll throw mostly a combination of Dream and Battier against him while throwing the long Sampson on Walton. Who is good in the post, but nothing earth shattering and will not abuse the combination of Sampson/Amare/Sikma that will be guarding him.

Reggie Lewis who is long and athletic, I feel will have no trouble keeping up with Gervin leaving Battier and Hondo the opportunity to D up Worthy. On the offensive end, we're going to run with this team and it may not play to our strengths to keep this game in the halfcourt. Considering moving Amare up the rotation.

But I feel like Nash would outrun the older Kidd, keeping him on his toes. Havlicek/Lewis/Drazen will keep Worthy and Gervin busy with their major activity on the wings. Especially Gervin, who's not known for his defensive effort. While Hakeem can still do work against anyone he's matched up with. I feel like I have better shooters in the regular rotation and I feel like I have a better and more cohesive bench unit as well.

Good luck to AB and good matchup round one.
    Damn, my 2 favorite players are on opposite teams so I can no longer be a homer

I like the move of putting Hakeem and Battier on Chuck a lot. Charles would've ate Sampson and Amare up but other than maybe Russel and maybe KG, I'd say Hakeem is one of the best guys to throw at chuck defensively.

I wish Aboutbuckets had Petrovic instead of Gervin cause then I'd side with his team. Other than Kidd no one in the starting lineup can consistently knock down the 3 ...Maybe starting both Jkidd and Dwill could work as I don't trust Korver in extended minutes at all.

Nash in this series doesn't get killed as much as he would against most other teams defensively (another bad break for AB) and I give him the edge at pg, and I give the slight edge to wing play to MP Trey's squad as well with a deeper more versatile pool of players.

Buckets does have a better 4/5 combo but for my money it's not enough of an edge to tilt the scales in his advantage. MP Trey wins in 7 (Hakeem always beat Barkley in 7

last day of voting peeps before we go to the next round

The adjustment of having Hakeem Olajuwon guard Charles Barkley does appear brilliant on the face of it, because in truth, he was a power forward who successfully masqueraded as a center. On top of being an unstoppable scorer who peaked over three seasons (1992-1995), his defense was even better. Not only was Hakeem insanely quick to the ball, he also had long arms and explosive hops. It's his incredible speed and dogged obsession to get a piece of every shot in his neighborhood.

However, Hakeem was subject to foul trouble precisely because of that, so he shouldn't be guarding a clever low post genius in Barkley the entire time. Perhaps in judicious spots.

I like MP Trey's team over About Buckets, largely due to the fact that Nash and Amare can run and gun, and Sampson and Hakeem can play volleyball with interior shots all game long, and own the butcher shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    However, Hakeem was subject to foul trouble precisely because of that, so he shouldn't be guarding a clever low post genius in Barkley the entire time. Perhaps in judicious spots.
    Good point. Perhaps he shouldn't guard Barkley the whole time he's out there but I don't see a problem with guarding him half the game. Tag teaming with Battier and then chucking Sampson or Amare on him for a few spot minutes here or there wouldn't hurt them that badly.

Just to let everyone know, no need to vote for yourself as that is implied the moment you post an argument for your team. However if one GM makes an argument and the other doesn't post anything then that will be used as a tie break (before the higher seed home court game 7 tie break)

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Iamgine and MP Trey for me

I believe Phil Jackson puts imagine's bigs in position to succeed over kshutt's frontline. Cooper can do a decent job on Oscar, and tho Logo will still get his, I don't see Bird (best player in the series) being stopped either. Pierce off the bench a huge plus for me too, as he can be inserted at SG to make Oscar/West work on the defensive end.

Similar teams, but AboutBuckets lacked some perimeter shooting, and i like the qualities MP Trey's bench players bring to the team.

Congrats to Team MP Trey and Team Kshutts for advancing to the 2nd Round! You 2 will be matched up against each other next and I'll post the link that series here as soon as it is up.