Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Who should the Utah Jazz get in the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I like Gaines and prefer him to Price(always been garbage outside some defensive energy) and if they get a young guy that is ready to back-up Harris(Flynn?) than Gaines would be a nice 3rd guy.

Mayo will be on the last year of his rookie contract so should come cheaper and a more realistic option. Unless the Jazz overpay for the other two they are unlikely to woo them to SLC. Not sure anyone in the draft is as good as Mayo? Miles isn't.

He could be the young option in the middle but he didn't look worth the 5 million dollar buyout it will cost to bring him over.

Don't foget Okur. LMAO!
    Even if he did look the goods, the $5 million buy out would probably mean he wouldn't be coming over anyway.

Memo's been shut down for the year now. Hopefully they'll get a decent backup big in the off-season instead of Fes or Elson because I dunno how much longer Okur will last.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

They'll have the money to pay Tomic if they think he's worth it. Who knows how much of the buyout he would be willing to eat? I believe they can pay him any price now like the Spurs did with Splitter because it's been so long since they drafted him.

Maybe Okur will retire? Insurance would pay for much of his contract anyway?

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I think we need to re-sign CJ Miles, he's played really good for us in the starting line-up, and his option is a bargain value. Need to buyout or possibly send Raja Bell somewhere else.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Memo's been shut down for the year now. Hopefully they'll get a decent backup big in the off-season instead of Fes or Elson because I dunno how much longer Okur will last.
    Sure, Fes looks ugly out there and terribly unskilled, but the plus/minus when he is out there is SICK. I am not a big plus minus guy typically, but damn, its hard to deny Fes' impact. He makes it harder to get in the paint, period.

+/- isn't always a great indicator, just because he has a decent +/- doesn't mean he's a good player, a lot of it has to do with the fact in the first couple months where we were really good is that we would rely on our bench for a lot of energy/comebacks.

You keep CJ assuming you don't get another young player that's better like Mayo.

Hopefully the rumors of Raja to Minnesota are true. Could get their young pg in Flynn there too.

The problem is that there are a lot better players than Fessenko that could keep people out of the the paint. The fact that the Jazz want to throw out an undersized frontline doesn't make him any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    You keep CJ assuming you don't get another young player that's better like Mayo.

Hopefully the rumors of Raja to Minnesota are true. Could get their young pg in Flynn there too.

The problem is that there are a lot better players than Fessenko that could keep people out of the the paint. The fact that the Jazz want to throw out an undersized frontline doesn't make him any good.
    Who the Jazz going to trade to Minnesota to get Flynn? Okur + Bell for Flynn + Pekovic or Webster? I'm not really a big fan of Flynn either, I realize it sucks being on the bench behind Luke Ridnour who shouldn't be starting, but his attitude isn't something I'm a fan of.

Jazz have to keep CJ if he can keep up good numbers in the starting role for the rest of the year. It sucks that Sloan/Corbin waited until mid-March to maybe realize that he was in the wrong role.

Who the Jazz going to trade to Minnesota to get Flynn? Okur + Bell for Flynn + Pekovic or Webster?
    Who knows? They have plenty of guys the Jazz could use, picks and cap space. Jazz have picks and cap space too.

I'm not really a big fan of Flynn either, I realize it sucks being on the bench behind Luke Ridnour who shouldn't be starting, but his attitude isn't something I'm a fan of.
    He doesn't seem like a good fit but he's young and talented and despite him supposedly being a disappoinment as a rookie he put up pretty good numbers. Anybody in the draft or around the league they can get better?

Jazz have to keep CJ if he can keep up good numbers in the starting role for the rest of the year.
    They don't have to keep anyone as the Deron trade proved.

It sucks that Sloan/Corbin waited until mid-March to maybe realize that he was in the wrong role.
    Don't 2nd guess Jerry. I said him or Haywood should've been starting and with Bell sucking so bad and Haywood being too young CJ made the most sense.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-19-2011 at 11:51 AM.

[quote]Kevin O'Connor on Andrei Kirilenko returning to the team next season: You'd like to think it. He's got an opportunity to test the free agent market, and there's nothing we can do about it. He's filled his contract. We've fulfilled our side of it. We would like him back, sure, absolutely; that's a conversation we'll have. He'll look at it. Because he's got other options, because he's a foreign player.

Jazz's O'Connor included Hayward, Favors, Harris, Bell in Utah's core moving forward.
    So much for someone beig stupid enough to take Bell's contract I guess. No Millsap? Jefferson? CJ?

I guess he did mention Jefferson. Says he needs to get better.

Jazz's Corbin acknowledged that Utah could use a star, franchise-type player. A finisher who can close games. (Someone to replace D-Will.)
    Ya think? They needed one before they traded the one they had.

It shouldn't be too hard for the Jazz to re-sign Kirilenko. Andrei's apparently willing to take as little as $5 million a year to come back.

It's weird to hear them say "if" they pick up Miles option. Seems like a absolute no brainer to me. There's no way you'd get that talent (albeit occasionally inconsistent talent) elsewhere for the $3.7 million he's due next year.