Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: If 08-10 LBJ played in 96-98 would he...

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I don't see why his FTA would dip at all. MJ had no trouble averaging double-digit FTA in the 80's when he relentlessly attacked the basket. The rules for what actually qualifies as a foul in the paint haven't changed at all over the years. It's not like athletic swingmen weren't averaging high amount of FTA even prior to the rule change. AI, Kobe, T-Mac and Pierce had no trouble averaging around 10 FTA during the early 00's, arguably the toughest defensive period in NBA history. There's absolutely no reason to believe LeBron's FTA would decrease if he played pre-04-05.

LeBron's the ONLY one doing it today as well. In a league loaded with perimeter stars. That tells you more about his ability than anything about the rules. The league averaged 99.5 ppg on 46% shooting back in '96. 100 ppg on 46% in 2010. The game hasn't changed much. MJ couldn't do 30 ppg on 60%+ TS% from 96-98 because he was 33-35 years old and nowhere near the slasher+finisher he was in his earlier days, or LeBron is now.
    lbj playing against soft defence era . mj >>>>>>>>>>>>>> lbj

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: If 08-10 LBJ played in 96-98 would he...

lol @ heat is top 3 defensive team ( WITH LBJ ) in nba