Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default All Time Draft Round 1 Eastern Conference 1vs16 and 8vs9

VOTING IS OPEN TO EVERYONE. However, the requirement is that you have >100 post counts, and your account must be registered before Sept 14. Troll votes would not be taken into account (subjected to veto by the 3 commissioners).
    Voting will end on Halloween at 11:59pm

East Conference

#1 Team Buffalo
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=1028 (team synopsis)

PG: Gary Payton 95-96
    SG: Michael Jordan 92-93
    SF: Glen Rice 96-97
    PF: Chris Weber 01-02
    C: Nate Thurmond 67-68

Bench: Tim Hardaway 96-97
    Tony Allen 11-12
    Thunder Dan 91-92
    Dennis Rodman 91-92
    Joakim Noah 13-14

Coach: Jeff VanGundy

VS

#16 Team Demitri

PG/SG: Dwyane Wade 08-09
    SG: Sidney Moncrief 83-84
    SF: Scottie Pippen
    PF: Blake Griffin 13-14
    C: Marc Gasol

Bench: Tony Parker 12-13
    Mike Miller 12-13
    Rick Barry
    Toni Kukoc 97-98
    Alonzo Mourning 98-99

Coach: Rick Carlisle

AND

#8 Team Hangintheair
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=1018 (team synopsis)

Team hangintheair

PG: Mark Price 92-93
    SG/SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03
    SF: Ron Artest 03-04
    PF/C: Serge Ibalka 13-14
    C: Shaquille O'Neal 99-00

Bench: Kevin Johnson 90-91
    Alvin Robertson 85-86
    Lamar Odom 10-11
    Kevin Love 13-14
    Marcus Camby 06-07

Coach: Billy Cunningham

VS

#9 Team Gotter
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=1031 (team synopsis)

PG: Walt "Clyde" Frazier 71-72
    SG: Sam Jones 64-65
    SF: Bernard King 84-85
    PF/C: Tim Duncan 02-03
    C: Willis Reed 69-70

Bench: Tiny Archibald 72-73
    Dale Ellis 91-92
    Dave Debuscherre 71-72
    Maurice Stokes 55-56
    Bob McAdoo

Coach: Red Holzman

You may begin the debates, good luck everyone!

Eastern Conference 5vs12 and 4vs13: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7#post10664917
    Western Conference 2vs15 and 7vs10: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...3#post10665193
    Western Conference 6vs11 and 3vs14: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...9#post10665349

Back to the main tournament page: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post10664321
    Last edited by barkleynash; 10-30-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Default Re: All Time Draft Round 1 Eastern Conference 1vs16 and 8vs9

Will post my analysis and color later tonight.

Also. Here's the years of the players:
    1971-72 Dave DeBusschere
    1973-74 Bob McAdoo
    1972-73 Tiny Archibald
    1955-56 Maurice Stokes

College superstar

Oddly enough, a lot of these first round matchups are putting strong teams (IMO) against weaker ones.. but the matchups make them more even. It's just odd.

That said, Buffalo is a top 3 team, easy. And the team he's facing is bad. But they match up well. I want to see breakdowns. Demitri likely won't do one, which is sad.

Edit: Neither team can really shoot the 3, so I won't hold it against either or, rather, I'll hold it against both equally, lol. Also, both teams will constantly attack the paint, and both teams have only one shot blocker.

I'm honestly leaning slightly towards Demitri. His rebounding is similar/superior, and his running game IS superior. Also, Rice and Webber have to (pretend to) guard someone. Plus, Barry should wreak havoc off the bench, assuming he and Pippen have not yet killed each other.
    Demitri is the most versatile team out there. MJ and Glove will lock down two of the perimeter players, but Demitri has 3-5 that can create. Until Buffalo does his breakdown, I give the slight edge to the upset.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 10-29-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Given how good buffaloes team is and how bad demitri's is, it's shocking how compelling of an argument you could make for demitri's

College superstar

As for Gotter v Hangin, I think Gotter walked in to a buzzsaw.

Since he's a freakishly smart dude, though, I'll wait to give my thoughts.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Given how good buffaloes team is and how bad demitri's is, it's shocking how compelling of an argument you could make for demitri's
    Dude.. Seriously. I just said that exact same thing in about 10 times the word count.

Tangent... ironic how... concise... I was in HS, and how "wordy" I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Oddly enough, a lot of these first round matchups are putting strong teams (IMO) against weaker ones.. but the matchups make them more even. It's just odd.

That said, Buffalo is a top 3 team, easy. And the team he's facing is bad. But they match up well. I want to see breakdowns. Demitri likely won't do one, which is sad.

Edit: Neither team can really shoot the 3, so I won't hold it against either or, rather, I'll hold it against both equally, lol. Also, both teams will constantly attack the paint, and both teams have only one shot blocker.

I'm honestly leaning slightly towards Demitri. His rebounding is similar/superior, and his running game IS superior. Also, Rice and Webber have to (pretend to) guard someone. Plus, Barry should wreak havoc off the bench, assuming he and Pippen have not yet killed each other.
    Demitri is the most versatile team out there. MJ and Glove will lock down two of the perimeter players, but Demitri has 3-5 that can create. Until Buffalo does his breakdown, I give the slight edge to the upset.
    I'm not buffalo but I'd probably go all defense for a large part of the game, play Payton, Jordan, Allen, rodman, Thurmond and turn it into a one on one game of could jordan score more against moncrief/pip then wade could against Payton. Yeah the paint would be packed but jordan is probably the one perimeter player who could be effective in that style of game. And I don't see Blake wanting any part of rodman whatsoever, but I could see rodman doing something to make him lose his cool and get ejected.

College superstar

I'm not buffalo but I'd probably go all defense for a large part of the game, play Payton, Jordan, Allen, rodman, Thurmond and turn it into a one on one game of could jordan score more against moncrief/pip then wade could against Payton. Yeah the paint would be packed but jordan is probably the one perimeter player who could be effective in that style of game. And I don't see Blake wanting any part of rodman whatsoever, but I could see rodman doing something to make him lose his cool and get ejected.
    And not Demitri, but if Glove, Jordan, Allen and Rodman are in, then "I'm" rolling with Wade, Sid, Pip, Barry, Gasol. Counter D with O and superior passing. I know Rodman and Allen are great, but those two can not stop Pip and Barry.

And not Demitri, but if Glove, Jordan, Allen and Rodman are in, then "I'm" rolling with Wade, Sid, Pip, Barry, Gasol. Counter D with O and superior passing. I know Rodman and Allen are great, but those two can not stop Pip and Barry.
    Jordan guards pip in that lineup and Allen guards moncrief.

And when you make that sub I put webber back in. Barry couldn't have guarded Allen either. It's an interesting chess match that I want to see what the coaches say. Both teams athletes/complete and utter lack of shooting make this closer than it should be.

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][B]G

Why wouldn't he put Shaq on Duncan and ibaka on Willis?

College superstar

That's the best write-up I've seen, Gotter. I do think you underestimate McGrady's influence, but otherwise.. you talked me in to your team.

Why wouldn't he put Shaq on Duncan and ibaka on Willis?
    What do you think happens?

Willis will post up Ibaka and overpower him.
    Duncan will pull Shaq out of the paint and hit those bankers.

That's the best write-up I've seen, Gotter. I do think you underestimate McGrady's influence, but otherwise.. you talked me in to your team.

Thanks. I'll look at the other threads.

First of all I would like to thanks BarkleyNash for doing nice job not only for the playoffs but for the whole tournament..

And also to Gotter.. May the best team win

First of all matchup wise

Frazier - will be guarded by Artest to lessen his playmaking ability
    S.Jones - guarded by Price
    King - guarded by T-Mac. (If T-Mac can't handle King, I will put Artest on him and substitute AR defending Frazier or Sam Jones)
    Duncan - guarded by Ibaka
    Reed - guarded by Shaq

Offensive Strategy

Will stick to my original plan on putting the pressure down low with Shaq backdown and perimeter shooter waiting for the kickout pass. If not working that's when T-Mac will do his magic. Penetrating the defense against S. Jones.