Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default To: Clippersfan86

Dear Clippersfan86, I like the clippers. I really do..
    but you are hyping your team way too much, Eric Gordon and Blake will be gone before they reach their prime. Your next draft pick will too.

Only way they can keep Blake is if they let go of Eric Gordon,Kaman,Aminu, that 12' Draft Pick, and trade them quick for established players ready for a ring such as [COLOR="Red"]Deron Williams[/COLOR],Danny Granger,Andre Iguodala,[COLOR="Red"]Chris Paul[/COLOR],Rudy Gay,Joe Johnson,Brandon Roy,Gerald Wallace,Andrew Bogut and Marc Gasol.

Bold: High Chance of Acquiring
    Red: Low Chance Of Acquiring

The reason why you can't hang on to talented young players like Eric Gordon to build around Blake? They will be gone as soon as they get a chance and they aren't getting better than the Bulls,Heat,Knicks,and Thunder any time soon.

If you can package Gordon over to Portland for Brandon Roy and Gerald Wallace then turn Kaman and that 12' pick in to a Top Center like Bogut and some very good role players... The Clippers can contend. If they sit around and hope their talent develops before their contract runs out, you won't contend. Simple as that.

You might think of

Mo Williams/Eric Bledsoe
    Eric Gordon/Randy Foye
    Tashaun Prince/Al Farouq Aminu
    Blake Griffin/Craig Smith
    Andre Drummond/DeAndre Jordan

as a good roster...but it won't win a championship in the next 5-10 years..

A real contending roster would be

Allen Iverson/Mo Williams/Eric Bledsoe
    Brandon Roy/Delonte West/James Posey
    Gerald Wallace/Trevor Ariza
    Blake Griffin/Paul Milsap
    Andrew Bogut/DeAndre Jordan

That is how you build around Blake and ONLY Blake and make him stay. Allen Iverson would do wonders with your team and if Blake Griffin could bring Baron Davis back to life what do you think he could do with Allen Iverson?

Very unselfish team with lots of defense surrounding their offense and a deep bench, thats how you do it.

Sincerely, LosBulls

PS.*You already tried the same with Elton Brand and Odom, it didn't work*

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: To: Clippersfan86

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Dear Clippersfan86, I like the clippers. I really do..
    but you are hyping your team way too much, Eric Gordon and Blake will be gone before they reach their prime. Your next draft pick will too.

Only way they can keep Blake is if they let go of Eric Gordon,Kaman,Aminu, that 12' Draft Pick, and trade them quick for established players ready for a ring such as [COLOR="Red"]Deron Williams[/COLOR],Danny Granger,Andre Iguodala,[COLOR="Red"]Chris Paul[/COLOR],Rudy Gay,Joe Johnson,Brandon Roy,Gerald Wallace,Andrew Bogut and Marc Gasol.

Bold: High Chance of Acquiring
    Red: Low Chance Of Acquiring

The reason why you can't hang on to talented young players like Eric Gordon to build around Blake? They will be gone as soon as they get a chance and they aren't getting better than the Bulls,Heat,Knicks,and Thunder any time soon.

If you can package Gordon over to Portland for Brandon Roy and Gerald Wallace then turn Kaman and that 12' pick in to a Top Center like Bogut and some very good role players... The Clippers can contend. If they sit around and hope their talent develops before their contract runs out, you won't contend. Simple as that.

You might think of

Mo Williams/Eric Bledsoe
    Eric Gordon/Randy Foye
    Tashaun Prince/Al Farouq Aminu
    Blake Griffin/Craig Smith
    Andre Drummond/DeAndre Jordan

as a good roster...but it won't win a championship in the next 5-10 years..

A real contending roster would be

Allen Iverson/Mo Williams/Eric Bledsoe
    Brandon Roy/Delonte West/James Posey
    Gerald Wallace/Trevor Ariza
    Blake Griffin/Paul Milsap
    Andrew Bogut/DeAndre Jordan

That is how you build around Blake and ONLY Blake and make him stay. Allen Iverson would do wonders with your team and if Blake Griffin could bring Baron Davis back to life what do you think he could do with Allen Iverson?

Very unselfish team with lots of defense surrounding their offense and a deep bench, thats how you do it.

Sincerely, LosBulls

PS.*You already tried the same with Elton Brand and Odom, it didn't work*
    Not sure why you're making a thread like this about me when we haven't even really talked but needless to say I disagree and I'm sure you know I would. Nobody is saying the Clippers are title favorites. Just that IF they keep this talent and our young guys keep improving they can be contenders. Thank you for your concern for me and my team though .

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Not sure why you're making a thread like this about me when we haven't even really talked but needless to say I disagree and I'm sure you know I would. Nobody is saying the Clippers are title favorites. Just that IF they keep this talent and our young guys keep improving they can be contenders. Thank you for your concern for me and my team though .
    I'm trying not to post during the lockout so I just lurk, my point is there is no "IF" they keep their talent, they will run as soon as they get a chance from the Clippers. I'll bump this in a couple years.

I'm trying not to post during the lockout so I just lurk, my point is there is no "IF" they keep their talent, they will run as soon as they get a chance from the Clippers. I'll bump this in a couple years.
    Do you want them to run? Why are you negative about it? I understand our franchise has always been bad but you don't think as fans we deserve a break? Or that things can change? You think when something is bad it can never be turned around? Our players and front office can feel things changing and so can I. Be positive LosBulls .

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Do you want them to run? Why are you negative about it? I understand our franchise has always been bad but you don't think as fans we deserve a break? Or that things can change? You think when something is bad it can never be turned around? Our players and front office can feel things changing and so can I. Be positive LosBulls .
    Lol I don't want them to run, its obvious they want out. If they offered me 100mil to be on the Clippers with Chris Kaman and Mo Williams or 100mil to go join the Celtics with Rondo and have Doc Rivers coach me, it is obvious which team I will pick.

Lol I don't want them to run, its obvious they want out. If they offered me 100mil to be on the Clippers with Chris Kaman and Mo Williams or 100mil to go join the Celtics with Rondo and have Doc Rivers coach me, it is obvious which team I will pick.
    I highly doubt that. You think a player would choose an older team on the way out with 1 young star... over a team with 2 legit, young franchise superstars? Or choose Boston over LA in general for their families and the weather etc? Boston is arguably the greatest place to play as an NBA player and Doc is an excellent coach. Players want their own legacy though... and they are going to factor in teammates, talent, future, location and all that before they do the team logo.

I know you're just trolling me here but you do realize the Clippers can match the deals of these players right? Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are here for at least another 6+ years. You're a fool if you don't think we are matching their contracts or offering them 6 year deals ourselves (assuming 6 years is still max, probably won't be).

I'm not about to stress over what Blake Griffin is going to do in 6 years... because that would be stupid. If the team is winning and has turned the ship around and he's happy with his teammates.. why would he leave? To go to a Boston team that will be rebuilding with Doc Rivers gone by then?
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-28-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    The Cavs weren't a good team. LeBron was a good team.
    Touche... touche. But seriously I just don't get it. People make it seem like I'm some blind homer who says Blake Griffin is better than prime Shaq or something. I may be way too optimistic about my team and exaggerate.... but a lot of what I have said is true and has come true. For example early in the season when Blake was averaging 17 and 10... I said by season end he would be at 22+ ppg, 11+ rpg and 3+ apg. People criticized me for that and called me a homer.. saying guys like Malone, Barkley etc didn't hit those numbers till their third years etc.

Then I told people the Clippers were actually a good team despite their record and bad start.. and they slayed every giant (division leader) in the NBA and had a super hot stretch of a little over a month. People need to realize... I'm a Clippers fan. If I was pessimistic like a lot of you... I would of committed suicide a long time ago probably from all the stress. As a Clippers fan you gotta be optimistic as hell and have tough skin or you won't survive.

to: clippersfan86 you are seriously overrating blake griffin and the clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    to: clippersfan86 you are seriously overrating blake griffin and the clippers.
    Only time will tell if I'm right . That's the great thing about sports right? You knew D Rose would be a great player correct? I bet if you told people before last season Rose was going to win 2011 MVP they would of laughed at you. Also if you said Bulls would have the best record in the entire NBA same response. Now you see how sports work my friend. Gotta have faith in a team and put your neck out there for them. Can't always play it safe.

I'd rather go with my gut instinct and be vindicated or let down later about it than just wait and see what happens. It makes sports more enjoyable that way.

Banned

If you can package Gordon over to Portland for Brandon Roy and Gerald Wallace
    Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Whoa, there is blind hatred towards Clippersfan86 around these parts

wtf? I don't get it, he doesn't go around trolling, he doesn't "overrate" his players. Its not like he's saying Kaman or DJ are the 2nd best centers in the league? The guys he hypes are legit hype-worthy (Griff, EJ) now if he makes a thread about Al Faruq becoming James Worthy you might have a case.

But EJ + Filler for Crash and BRoy is laughable. The Clips are on the right track, don't blow it up too soon, both guys and girls hate that. But the Bogut idea is pretty smooth, but LA aint moving that pick, and Milwaukee aint moving Bogut.

And iirc, last year the Bulls fans did the same shit, shot off at the mouth on how great they were gonna be. Let other teams fans have that same enthusiasm

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Whoa, there is blind hatred towards Clippersfan86 around these parts

wtf? I don't get it, he doesn't go around trolling, he doesn't "overrate" his players. Its not like he's saying Kaman or DJ are the 2nd best centers in the league? The guys he hypes are legit hype-worthy (Griff, EJ) now if he makes a thread about Al Faruq becoming James Worthy you might have a case.

But EJ + Filler for Crash and BRoy is laughable. The Clips are on the right track, don't blow it up too soon, both guys and girls hate that. But the Bogut idea is pretty smooth, but LA aint moving that pick, and Milwaukee aint moving Bogut.

And iirc, last year the Bulls fans did the same shit, shot off at the mouth on how great they were gonna be. Let other teams fans have that same enthusiasm
    . My man Crown. I think in general I'm being viewed as less of a troll and more of a diehard Clippers fan as time goes on, so it's all good. Some of the people on this board I used to go to battle with now respect me and I respect them as well. I think I just rub some people the wrong way with my fire and brimstone basketball approach at times. I'm a passionate dude lol.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

EJ's gonna be a Pacer so it's moot.

No I don't know how it'll happen but it will because I said so.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    EJ's gonna be a Pacer so it's moot.

No I don't know how it'll happen but it will because I said so.
    He won't be for at least another 5-6 years. After that It won't surprise me. He always talks about how he misses and loves Indiana.