Default Bulls need to get serious about unleashing Portis

not the coach's fault that he has 4 veterans that he has to feed minutes to in the front court.

I'd be very surprised if there was no trade at the deadline.

Anyone suggest who we should move and what for? I think Gibson or Gasol. These players would draw interest from other teams and would net us something back we need.

Trading Noah would purely be a salary dump at this stage. He's a long way from DPOY level now and not worth trading.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Bulls need to get serious about unleashing Portis

Most likely Gibson would be moved, I don't like this Mirotic/Gasol starting front court though I feel like it compromises the defense too much

I don't see Noah being traded, despite the level of play he is at he is the heart of not just the team, but the Chicago fan base. Would be crazy outcry if he was traded

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Bulls need to get serious about unleashing Portis

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    not the coach's fault that he has 4 veterans that he has to feed minutes to in the front court.

I'd be very surprised if there was no trade at the deadline.

Anyone suggest who we should move and what for? I think Gibson or Gasol. These players would draw interest from other teams and would net us something back we need.

Trading Noah would purely be a salary dump at this stage. He's a long way from DPOY level now and not worth trading.
    Noah + Taj + 2016 First Round Pick + Rights to Sacramento Pick for Brook Lopez + throw-in (match salary purposes). Lopez cannot be traded until about January.

This gives us another reliable offensive option especially down on the block. (I know the injury history is scary but he is only 27 years old. Also, this moves opens up a way to insert Bobby Portis for 15-20 minutes. Thoughts?