Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Andrew Wiggins vs Giannis Antetokounmpo

Who ya got?

Right now, in the future, rather build around, etc.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Andrew Wiggins vs Giannis Antetokounmpo

Wiggins

Lavine over both though

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Better question would be Jabari or Giannis

Decent college freshman

Wiggins vs. Giannis:
    Right now: Giannis
    Future: Wiggins
    Rather build around: Wiggins

I've been a big fan of Giannis but I think Wiggins can be the better offensive player of the two while eventually being similar on D (maybe better, but I'm really big on Giannis' defensive potential). Of course, it would help if Wiggins' back wasn't messed up and if he had better handles and a J. Nice post-game development, though. Both won't be #1 offensive options on a title team imo though. Luckily, Wolves look like they have their #1 player for the future in KAT. I'm hoping Jabari is 100% going forward. He can be a #1 offensive option in the vein of a Melo-type combo F scorer. Don't like his defensive future, though.

Jabari vs. Giannis
    Now: Giannis
    Future: Giannis
    Rather build around: Giannis

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Wiggins

Lavine over both though

Wiggins

Lavine over both though
    Lavine f*cking sucks, dude. Want him to do well but he's just a really bad basketball player.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Lavine f*cking sucks, dude. Want him to do well but he's just a really bad basketball player.
    Being a great basketball player isnt just being able to score or pass well. You also need to be a good dunker

Look at this:

Decent college freshman

Being a great basketball player isnt just being able to score or pass well. You also need to be a good dunker

Look at this:

He's an awesome athlete but he doesn't score or pass well. You don't want to be known as a dunker if you want to be a contributor on a contending team.

Might be the Gerald Green of his draft.

[COLOR="White"]I know you're trolling so take this post with a grain of salt[/COLOR]

Giannis.

Wiggins sucks.

Giannis has Kawhi potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I've been a big fan of Giannis but I think Wiggins can be the better offensive player of the two while eventually being similar on D (maybe better, but I'm really big on Giannis' defensive potential). Of course, it would help if Wiggins' back wasn't messed up and if he had better handles and a J. Nice post-game development, though. Both won't be #1 offensive options on a title team imo though. Luckily, Wolves look like they have their #1 player for the future in KAT. I'm hoping Jabari is 100% going forward. He can be a #1 offensive option in the vein of a Melo-type combo F scorer. Don't like his defensive future, though.
    I think talent-wise they're neck and neck. The difference to me is that Giannis is constantly out for blood and plays 100% intensity every second he's on the floor, on both ends. Wiggins looks complacent as hell half the time he's on the floor and needs to constantly be pushed and prodded into using his talent to dominate. KAT was the perfect complement to Wiggins because he does not shut up (in a good way), plays with a purpose all the time and should be the energizer on that team going forward.

Also, I actually think Giannis' potential offensively is right there with him. He's a better ball handler, not as explosive vertically but is imo a more fluid athlete who uses his body control and agility more effectively going to and around the basket. Wiggins is a streakier shooter but Giannis' mechanics are terrific and he's developing into a pretty good shooter. They both have a natural feel for the post, Wiggins more as a wing and Giannis more as a PF. Giannis is a much more naturally gifted passer imo.

LORD WIGGINS HEATING UP!! Making Bulter look like his butler..

Wiggins

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I think talent-wise they're neck and neck. The difference to me is that Giannis is constantly out for blood and plays 100% intensity every second he's on the floor, on both ends. Wiggins looks complacent as hell half the time he's on the floor and needs to constantly be pushed and prodded into using his talent to dominate. KAT was the perfect complement to Wiggins because he does not shut up (in a good way), plays with a purpose all the time and should be the energizer on that team going forward.

Also, I actually think Giannis' potential offensively is right there with him. He's a better ball handler, not as explosive vertically but is imo a more fluid athlete who uses his body control and agility more effectively going to and around the basket. Wiggins is a streakier shooter but Giannis' mechanics are terrific and he's developing into a pretty good shooter. They both have a natural feel for the post, Wiggins more as a wing and Giannis more as a PF. Giannis is a much more naturally gifted passer imo.
    That's the biggest difference between the two for me. Both obviously have great athletic and physical talents. Giannis pushes himself more each game and gets hyped up a lot easier (in a good way). Wiggins has floated in/out of games since college. I think KG will be good to push him in that direction. Not 100% he'll get that mentality.

I think you're right that Giannis is more of a big and Wiggins is more of a wing- that won't change going forward. I'm not sure if Giannis is a more fluid athlete (I've admittedly watched more Giannis than Wiggins) but he does have a better understanding of how to use his physical advantage against defenses than Wiggins does.

I haven't watched the Bucks for more than a few mins this year, so I have no clue how his shot mechanics are. It's great if he's figuring it out- adding a 3 ball would make him a really, really lethal offensively imo. Pump fake from the wing and with 1 dribble to be at the rim is pretty ridiculous to stop. Giannis does back guys down pretty well. I didn't think Wiggins would have that in his arsenal until later on, but he developed the basics pretty darn quick.

No question who has the better handle or passing ability. I don't think Wiggins will really ever excel at creating for others. I think he might be a more consistent outside shooter at his peak, though.

Wolves need another top 3 pick imo. Need to get Simmons or Ingram on this team to complete the 1-2 punch on offense with Towns. Having Wiggins as your third option is an insane core for the future though haha.

Bruno Caboclo.

;-)

I rule the local playground

Giannis