Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Sports attorney offers a Knicks plan that includes trading Melo or Amar'e!

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    which would be the optimal combo?

CP3-Melo-Amar'e
    CP3-Melo-Howard
    CP3-Amar'e-Howard
    Williams-Melo-Amar'e
    Williams-Melo-Howard
    Williams-Amar'e-Howard

Melo/Howard/CP3 or Williams (these two are equal but Williams might get slight edge due to CP3's health)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

i wonder if a 3-way would allow NYK to get both? not that i want that to happen but something like

Knicks get: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard
    Hornets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Amar'e Stoudamire

or

Knicks get: Deron Williams, Dwight Howard
    Nets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Carmelo Anthony
    Nets will not trade D-Will at all, especially to the Knicks. Only way he could end up with the Knicks is as a free agent.

Default Re: Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

yeah, it would suck for the nets but i'd be worried about the 2012 FA if i were them
    For Chauncey Billups who probably wouldnt resign and Fields who also wouldnt be a part of the long term plans? I rather let him walk than help ny.

if dwight and paul hit free agency, we can amnesty amare on the premise that he will resign with the knicks (i donno what the rules are), then we sign both paul and dwight to max contacts

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Nets will not trade D-Will at all, especially to the Knicks. Only way he could end up with the Knicks is as a free agent.
    This.

But if D-Will signed with the Knicks, I'm convinced that Prokhorov would make him disappear on some Jimmy Hoffa/Bison Dele type stuff.

Who would be better together, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, or Deron Williams and Dwight Howard?

NBA lottery pick

That would be so disgraceful if the knicks cut or traded amare!!!!! I WANT CP3 MELO AND AMARE! THATS THE PLAN DAMMIT!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    hell no on trading melo.

hell yes on trading amare.

amare+ billups to celtics for rondo +garnett. get er done

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

YOUR TAKING THAT TRADE lol YOU AINT GOTTA LIE CRAIG

It will never happen. But I would never stop laughing if Melo was traded from the Knicks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    YOUR TAKING THAT TRADE lol YOU AINT GOTTA LIE CRAIG
    Old as dirt KG now is worth more than old as dirt Billups now. You're trading a star PG and a defensive anchor for an aging PG who can't stay in front of his man and Amar'e. I would want a little bit more if I was Ainge.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Old as dirt KG now is worth more than old as dirt Billups now. You're trading a star PG and a defensive anchor for an aging PG who can't stay in front of his man and Amar'e. I would want a little bit more if I was Ainge.
    Ainge would do it in a second

Learning to shoot layups AfroSamurai's Avatar

This will happen if Jordan comes out of retirement.

Howard is without a doubt the better player.
    But it would be such a douche move after Amare turned this franchise upside down.

I don't know if I would do it.
    My sense is telling me to trade Amare for Dwight because he is clearly the better player who can defend and turn this team to one of the top3 in the league.
    But my heart says no,after all Amare has done for this team I really started to like him and it would be tough to send him to Orlando to play with bunch of overpaid scrubs.

Decent college freshman

No way am I trading Carmelo. Honestly, I think he is just as any of Dwight, Chris Paul, and Deron. I would be somewhat open to trading Amar'e, but the Amar'e-for-Dwight scenario sounds pie in the sky to me, plus I don't think the Knicks would want that PR.