Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Anyone still scared of the Lakers?

I think they pretty much a beatable team next season. I don't trust Mike Brown's offensive strategy. They might become a solid defensive team, But it's hard to watch Kobe play ISO Ball. They also struggled againts good defensive teams last season.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone still scared of the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I think they pretty much a beatable team next season. I don't trust Mike Brown's offensive strategy. They might become a solid defensive team, But it's hard to watch Kobe play ISO Ball. They also struggled againts good defensive teams last season.
    Kobe playing ISO ball, scored 35 ppg. Plus, every person that was with lechoke, improved their career with Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Kobe playing ISO ball, scored 35 ppg. Plus, every person that was with lechoke, improved their career with Kobe.
    Kobrick is 33 yrs.old. You are delusional if you think he's capable of averaging over 25 ppg next season.

PS:

He choked in the 2nd round of the playoffs. He got shutdown by a 38 yrs.old Jason Kidd. Gasol couldn't bail him out because he also struggled in the post season.

Phil Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike Brown.

They're still a great team, but as is, I have a hard time seeing them getting to the finals. It's fine though. They're old, they've won rings, they've proven their point.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Kobrick is 33 yrs.old. You are delusional if you think he's capable of averaging over 25 ppg next season.

PS:

He choked in the 2nd round of the playoffs. He got shutdown by a 38 yrs.old Jason Kidd. Gasol couldn't bail him out because he also struggled in the post season.

Phil Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike Brown.
    You never thought Kobe would be two time fmvp. Your opinion is worth 75 cents.

i don't see them as a contender to win it all... but who knows with Kobe and getting all that rest. I don't think anyone is afraid of them anymore tho they're not the power house they used to be at all.. Bynum always hurt, Kobe not what he used to be, a lot of the roster aging, i just don't see it

They're still a major force. The length, versatility, and sheer skill-set of the Odom, Gasol, Bynum trio coupled with Kobe's dynamic scoring ability makes them a top contender still.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    They're still a great team, but as is, I have a hard time seeing them getting to the finals. It's fine though. They're old, they've won rings, they've proven their point.
    I agree. That's why they are pursuing Dwight Howard and CP3. Kobe already played more minutes than any active Superstar players in the NBA.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Well yeah. They have a ton of pieces that other teams want and could package some nice deals.

But this current iteration doesn't seem to be a threat to the title.

They still have some great players, but when the other team glances over at the Lakers bench and sees Mike Brown making his Mike Brown face...

Their confidence in beating LA has to go up just a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    You never thought Kobe would be two time fmvp. Your opinion is worth 75 cents.

Your criticized the Heat when they were defeated by the Mavericks in the NBA Finals. They actually won 2 games againts Dallas while your team was swept in the 2nd round. Lebron would win an NBA Finals MVP in the near future.

Well....they clearly have the talent to win it all, but it's gonna come to do them staying healthy. With all the back to backs and a few back-to-back-to-backs, can a core that is 30+ stay fit and healthy? Gonna be interesting to see....

Kobe is one of the best ISO players in the league. Why is it hard to watch? Sure, he's getting old...but the guy still puts up shitloads of points and can score anyway he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    They're still a major force. The length, versatility, and sheer skill-set of the Odom, Gasol, Bynum trio coupled with Kobe's dynamic scoring ability makes them a top contender still.
    Our bigs are what keep the Lakers a major force, which is why this line-up will always be a contender. Still, it's damn hard arguing with age, and last year's lack of heart in the playoffs was an eye-opener.

Banned

Kobe is old... all you really need to know. If you don't understand why age matters in sports, you should /off yourself.

Arcadia, CA

What a great thread
    theyre clearly not going to make the playoffs and im sure lebron is predicted to win a championship for the 5th year in a row now.