Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Top storylines of the upcoming 2011-12 NBA season

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Dude, I'm so confused rightnow OMG!
    Haha. I'm just taunting the Nets fans. There was this one article last year that mentioned D-Will wanting to play with the Clippers.

Just as the Jazz was starting to worry about Williams, who is said to be looking at Dallas, the Clippers or Knicks in 2012. Williams had reached the point with Sloan in the past several weeks where he asked to be traded, according to sources. The Jazz wouldn't accommodate him, but did get a laundry list of complaints from its top player, who had grown tired of Sloan's rigid approach to coaching, dependence on veteran players and what Williams considered to be his outdated demands.
    source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ticle-1.138854

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

1a. Can MAVS do it again?
    1b Will LebRon Cost Miami a ring Again?
    3. How Much has Kobe declined?
    4. The Knicks become Powerhouse in the East?
    5. Will Deron Williams lead Nets to playoffs(not that wrist is healthy)?
    6. Grizzlies, contender or 1 year wonder?

Serious playground baller Arroyo8's Avatar

what will happen to CP3 is one of the ones i'll be keeping an eye on

Interested in seeing if Blake can have a Duncan-esq second season. Not saying he needs to win a championship, but I think he has a real opportunity to elevate his game to top 5 status.

Good High School Starter

Can any arena deal work out to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

Can Paul Westphal keep his job throughout the season? I'd prefer he's canned before play starts but I'm not sure who's available that would be good.

Will there be a higher rate of injuries with the potential lack of conditioning for some players and the compressed schedule?

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    I'm hoping these are in order of your personal preference, noone gives a flying fvck about the Clippers
    fact.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    -The players who got some play time overseas are going to dominate the beginning of the season

-Batum candidate for MIP

-Laughing at the Nuggets who still have their best players playing in China

-Is Dirk going to be a candidate for MVP again? Last season the only reason he wasn't considered is because of his reputation as a loser.
    we have one guy in china. jr and kmart are not nuggets anymore. nor were they when they signed. try again.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Based on this forum...

The number one story is:

Ricky Rubio.

Will he Succeed?

I say this without trying to spark conversation in here as well. Because we have a pretty good sized thread dedicated to Rubio right now. But I don't see anything else sparking as much controversy. All eyes are going to be on Rubio. He will be critiqued for every little flaw and praised for every assist or made shot.

All they media will start to come swarming back around him again. Especially if he starts off playing well and the team is winning games.
    Last edited by SunsCaptain; 11-29-2011 at 03:56 AM.

I usually hit open layups e-LIMON-ators's Avatar

Will CP3 be the same player he was 2 years ago? Was the Lakers series a fluke because of a favorable match-up or did he regain his form? It's been two years since his injury and his fans have been claiming it takes 2 years to recover from his injury. He should be fully healthy now and will have no excuse if he plays the way he played last regular season. If he is the best pg in the league he should play like one for the whole season...not 1 6 game series.

Where will Howard play? He could basically go anywhere, its so evident he wants out and the magic will be stupid if they don't trade him during the season. If I was him I would go to the Western Conference. It's much easier to make the finals in the West now with all the superstars migrating to the east.

The evolution of D.Rose. We have heard almost nothing from Rose all summer. From the bits and pieces that I heard...he has been hard at work perfecting his shot, improving his conditioning and working on a post game. Will he make another leap this year like last year? How far can he take the Bulls and will it be enough to beat the Heat?

I'm trying to figure out what the Nuggets are doing. JR Smith is playing overseas and last I heard he faked a knee injury. Wilson Chandler actually signed a deal overseas and I'm not sure if he'll be back until next season. I think Nene is a unrestricted free agent. I haven't heard much about Kenyon Martin but I thought he signed overseas. I'm wondering where are all the Nuggets players?

I'm also wondering about Kobe Bryant. Is his knee messed up? I heard there is degeneration but that he can play through it. I wondering if he got PRP injections. Either way I wonder how the Lakers are going to do next year. Is Paul Gasol still being emo over his girlfriend dumping him?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    fact.

One of most popular twitter trends in the world right now. CLIPPERS. 3rd most popular NBA trending last NBA season? Blake Griffin. You guys are really bitter. People obviously care about the Clippers right now when the media is talking BG nonstop.. and Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, Chris Webber and crew are calling the Clippers their favorite teams right now etc.

Also look at the Hoopsworld chats every week. They are DOMINATED by Clippers questions since last year. The chat ends up being 30 percent Clippers related every week. Everybody wants to know what the Clippers are going to do. Or how they are going to screw up.

Nuggets and OKC fans are bitter small town folks.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

OMFG

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE CLIPPERS

There I said what has been on every poster's mind. God damnit you f*ckin flood these boards with the constant threads about your team. You ever wonder why there is a backlash against your team from these posters? Cuz you won't shut the f*ck up.

It will be hilarious if they flop this upcoming season and see you run away like ashbelly and heat007 and all the other obsessed trolls.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

And

Rose was bigger then anything Griffin did last season. After the all-star break they didn't do anything of relevance.

And did you really call the city of Denver a small town???

Shows how much of a moron you really are.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by e-LIMON-ators
    Will CP3 be the same player he was 2 years ago? Was the Lakers series a fluke because of a favorable match-up or did he regain his form? It's been two years since his injury and his fans have been claiming it takes 2 years to recover from his injury. He should be fully healthy now and will have no excuse if he plays the way he played last regular season. If he is the best pg in the league he should play like one for the whole season...not 1 6 game series.

Where will Howard play? He could basically go anywhere, its so evident he wants out and the magic will be stupid if they don't trade him during the season. If I was him I would go to the Western Conference. It's much easier to make the finals in the West now with all the superstars migrating to the east.

The evolution of D.Rose. We have heard almost nothing from Rose all summer. From the bits and pieces that I heard...he has been hard at work perfecting his shot, improving his conditioning and working on a post game. Will he make another leap this year like last year? How far can he take the Bulls and will it be enough to beat the Heat?
    LMAO....funny how he is still ranked as the best PG by many delusional fans...lol

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    And

Rose was bigger then anything Griffin did last season. After the all-star break they didn't do anything of relevance.

And did you really call the city of Denver a small town???

Shows how much of a moron you really are.
    . You're raging hardcore. I have nearly 8k posts. I'm not going to disappear because a handful of people don't like me on a basketball forum. BTW yes Denver is a small town compared to where I'm from. It's all relative dude.