Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups ScottStuart's Avatar

Default Chris Jackson(aka Mahmoud Abdul Rauf) Video.

Ohh man,Ive been looking all over for his highlights and I finally found em. He has the quickest release I have ever seen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wIGwqQFaP_s

30ppg as a freshman at LSU, then 28 ppg as a sophomore if you didnt know

Default Re: Chris Jackson(aka Mahmoud Abdul Rauf) Video.

Most people who have heard of him will remember him for not standing for the national anthem.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e93l5so7f...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R-w3vbrj7...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TNijMXVk4...elated&search=

One of my Favorite Guard in the 1990's especially when is playing with the Denver Nuggets.

He was a great player in College but he was to undersize to play the SG position in the NBA.

His beliefs caused an issue over the national anthem. The NBA suspended him for one game and told him to hold his head down while standing. Fans in Denver went to a Muslim church and played the national anthem in response to this. They were arrested.

Nike wanted him out of their shoe contract, therefore he ended up wearing tape over the sign. Nike wanted him out because this whole issue.
    from youtube.com

National High School Star

Yeah his jumpshot was AMAZING to watch...u guys are right on though, he was a bit undersized for the NBA, but that shot release was super quick and he still was able to score. In 9 seasons he averaged 14 a game...19 was his best average.

BTW. He once made 219 out of 229 FT's in a season...that makes a remarkable 95.6% FT percentage for an entire season! The year before he shot almost 94% from the line...

I remember Chris or Mahmoud lit up my Rockets one game in the mid 90's. Brother was on that night. 40 somethin' points on nothin but jumo shots.

didnt this guy retire ages ago? y are we still talking about him what did he ever do that was good in the NBA?

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    didnt this guy retire ages ago? y are we still talking about him what did he ever do that was good in the NBA?
    You obviously never saw him play, he had one of the sweetest shots I have seen. He may not have a lot in the way of NBA accomplishments, but if you were going to teach someone how to shoot, you would show footage of Chris' form. It was art.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I considered making a Chris Jackson video then I got lazy. Bit of a John Starks type without the defense but more one on one breakdown ability. some might say that as an insult...I dont. I respect John Starks...

Bol'd over

I think at one stage he hit 99 straight free throws in the course of the regular season, number 100 rimmed out. I could be wrong, but I think it was the case

Serious playground baller Wicked_1's Avatar

what has that guy been up to anyways???
    he wasn't in the league very long all i remember was him flinching dribbling down the court

Oh this is the guy who couldn't hit any dunks in the dunk competition....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9__KJY0AfHY

He left the game early. One year he was playing, the next he fell off the face of the earth. A lot of people think he was blacklisted.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    Better question is....Why the ****k are you replying and actually taking your time and going into this thread if you dont care? idiot.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    Most people who have heard of him will remember him for not standing for the national anthem.
    Or for his battle with Tourette syndrome.

Amazing player, amazing shooter. I was a Mahmoud fan from way back, and when Denver drafted Jalen Rose I was ecstatic. He's got that old school jumper where he's releasing the shot -right- at the height of his jump, almost while he's still going up.

I never got to see much of him at LSU, it was great to see that video! But I watched every Nuggets game I could for him, Jalen, and Laphonso Ellis, another underrated player that injuries took their toll on. I mainly saw them playing against the Bulls here in Chicago, one of the Bulls' main weaknesses over the championship years was defending quick scoring guards. Mahmoud definitely took advantage of that against us.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

i actually read a story about him not long ago... i thyink the book's name is The Guts & Glory of making it in the NBA... he had some kind of sickness that makes him behave abnormally... so he tries to make himself perfect... and he will shoot till his shot is perfect for like 100 consecutive times before ending his practice session... this dude's shot is sick...