Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Default Re: NBA close to new TV deals, will gain additional $1B in tv revenue per year...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Max salaries are locked as a pct of the cap. Lebron can't get the entire amount. He'll just get a pct of a higher cap. So teams will still have cap space.

Contracts will not retroactively increase, again that's something that would need to be negotiated.

Because people don't understand cap rules don't get pissed at me, go get your GED and all the basic math will make more sense.
    My initial response was based on the way that the CBA governs contracts right now. They will have to (and they will) restructure it so that the max contract is much larger in order to scale it to a similar percentage of the salary cap that max contracts today are. I'm not an idiot, I know how to do math, perhaps what I was stating was just a bit too 'inside the box' for this forum and was mistaken for sheer retardation. My apologies.

Default Re: NBA close to new TV deals, will gain additional $1B in tv revenue per year...

Quote Originally Posted by AboutBuckets
    My initial response was based on the way that the CBA governs contracts right now. They will have to (and they will) restructure it so that the max contract is much larger in order to scale it to a similar percentage of the salary cap that max contracts today are. I'm not an idiot, I know how to do math, perhaps what I was stating was just a bit too 'inside the box' for this forum and was mistaken for sheer retardation. My apologies.
    I don't think prior contracts are rescaled unless signed with the previous season, no? Or is it all max contracts that are actual max?

Like Melo is not "max", he is slightly under, does he need to be increased or not?

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

I don't think prior contracts are rescaled unless signed with the previous season, no? Or is it all max contracts that are actual max?

Like Melo is not "max", he is slightly under, does he need to be increased or not?
    Wasn't really referring to existing contracts being inflated, only looking towards the future (obvious incoming modifications to CBA to match revenue increase). Kind of sucks to be in Melo's position, but then again it "isn't about the money" so i guess he actually won't mind at all.

College superstar

Max salaries are locked as a pct of the cap. Lebron can't get the entire amount. He'll just get a pct of a higher cap. So teams will still have cap space.

Contracts will not retroactively increase, again that's something that would need to be negotiated.

Because people don't understand cap rules don't get pissed at me, go get your GED and all the basic math will make more sense.
    5 yr max salary is 30% of the cap. The cap will be ~80MM. That means LeBron will get a 24MM starting salary with 7.5% raises. So his last year would be worth ~32M. So he wasn't technically wrong. But yeah, pretty scary lack of understanding of the CBA being shown here.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    5 yr max salary is 30% of the cap. The cap will be ~80MM. That means LeBron will get a 24MM starting salary with 7.5% raises. So his last year would be worth ~32M. So he wasn't technically wrong. But yeah, pretty scary lack of understanding of the CBA being shown here.
    Melo didn't get max, he got less, so does he still get a pct increase?