Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Andre Drummond had great 2013 preseason

Andre Drummond continued his dominant October on Thursday with 11 points, 20 boards, one assist and one block in 38 minutes against the Wolves.
    He simply looks like he's playing with college kids in the paint. Drummond has 14.0 boards per game in his last five outings and it's not too crazy to think he can win the rebounding crown. Interestingly, two days ago online-gambling sites had him at 50:1 to earn that distinction and it has already been cut down to 25:1. If you can absorb the free throw misses, Drummond could be in for a huge season.

-- Rotoworld

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Andre Drummond had great 2013 preseason

We have plenty of guys who can score. If he keeps clogging up the middle and grabbing those boards I think it'll be a good season for him. With the minutes he gets he should be able to average 10-12 points per game too. I think he's going to be a double-double machine. The sky is the limit with him and it's going to be exciting to see how he evolves and grows.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Will he average more points, or more rebounds this season?

I think both categories range between 9-14,

I'm guessing at 13 points, 12 rebounds, with 2.5 blocks, and over a steal, with 60% shooting...

GREAT pre-season, very happy with the progress of his little jump hook, I think he is showing signs he will be more than a defensive anchor...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Will he average more points, or more rebounds this season?

I think both categories range between 9-14,

I'm guessing at 13 points, 12 rebounds, with 2.5 blocks, and over a steal, with 60% shooting...

GREAT pre-season, very happy with the progress of his little jump hook, I think he is showing signs he will be more than a defensive anchor...
    I think there is a chance he could average more rebounds. He could average 12 points, 13 rebounds. I'm not sure he'll shoot 60% from the field. That's really high. I think it's going to be in the lower 50's.

Seems like he is taking more 'shots' as opposed to only dunking the ball, so I'm sure his shooting % will drop this season. I think he average more rebounds than points, although it should be close. The team still really isn't running any offensive plays for him.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Seems like he is taking more 'shots' as opposed to only dunking the ball, so I'm sure his shooting % will drop this season. I think he average more rebounds than points, although it should be close. The team still really isn't running any offensive plays for him.
    As long as he keeps his FG% around 50% I think that's just fine. I'm more worried about him making his free throws this year. If he can knock those down a bit better it will help out his game a lot.

What will be closer?

His points and rebounds per game,

or

His FT and FG %'s

NBA lottery pick

What will be closer?

or

His FT and FG %'s
    Haha, I think both are going to be very close.

What will be closer?

or

His FT and FG %'s
    lololol

Well looks like we were pretty spot on!!

PPG - 13.5
    RPG - 13.2

But his FG% .623 andbsolutely killed his FT% .418

How about next year, what are we projecting in terms of Points and rebounds?

16ppg and 15rpg (to lead the league) ??

NBA lottery pick

I think 15 rpg is a pretty lofty goal. It's possible, but I'm going to be absolutely happy if he can average 13 again. I would like to see his scoring average go up a little bit though, and I would like to see it happen with an improvement with his free throws. All he needs to do is to hit a few more of those per game and he could definitely be at 16-17ppg.

Yeah 15 is lofty, I think 14 may be a better bet, but remember he is still in the incredibly elastic part of his development as a player, going into his 3rd year should be the peak of his development process.

If Monroe is somehow not on the team - I say he takes down more boards than we think.

But I would be very surprised if he isn't top 3 in the league for both rebounds and FG%.

That is another reason why Rondo makes sense - you see how easily he drives through defenses to the bucket - and you can imagine how many little hand off's to Dre under the bucket he would be able to do... Huge!

NBA lottery pick

It definitely does depend on who we have for big men going into the season. I would think it would have to take a pretty sweet deal for Monroe to not be around though.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It definitely does depend on who we have for big men going into the season. I would think it would have to take a pretty sweet deal for Monroe to not be around though.
    We would hope so mate,

I would accept a Rondo trade as a pretty sweet deal,

I wouldn't accept a Ryan Anderson type deal as sweet however...

Decent college freshman

Monroe,Jerebko,Bynum for Gordon and Anderson? We'd finally have some shooting. You'd have to be comfortable playing Anderson and Smith at the 4/5 for 15-20 a night though, so IDK.