Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default What's wrong with LeBron?

Watching the Cavs this year, I've mirrored many of the thoughts people have been voicing regarding LeBron's explosiveness, and particularly how it seems that it has disappeared. The guy doesn't seem to get nearly as high as he used to and most people have noticed it. I've also noticed that he doesn't seem to try as hard to jump very high, but I'm not sure if I'm right. So for those that watch the Cavs frequently, has he just not been trying to jump as high or explode as much, or has he actually lost a step before even turning 25?

Magic Johnson

Default Re: What's wrong with LeBron?

yea, he definitely looks a step slower this season. but honestly, i think he's still got most of his explosion off of one foot. he gets himself into trouble though when he tries to gather himself with two feet. not like it matters though, lebron's still a freak athlete lol

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    yea, he definitely looks a step slower this season. but honestly, i think he's still got most of his explosion off of one foot. he gets himself into trouble though when he tries to gather himself with two feet. not like it matters though, lebron's still a freak athlete lol
    But if he's lost a step at freaking 24, he'll be out of the league by like 32...

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    But if he's lost a step at freaking 24, he'll be out of the league by like 32...
    well, yeah, it's definitely strange to see him declining athletically when he should be at his peak... however, i think he would be fine if he just lost 10-20 pounds. at this point it looks like he's too heavy... naturally his body is going to break down faster if he's carrying the extra weight. and it's not like he's using his bulk to punish his defender in the post lol

Local High School Star

I thought the same thing in the first 8 games or so of the season, but in the last 2 games he's looked just as athletic/explosive/whatever term you would like to use as he did last season. Maybe he was just a bit rusty or something. Did you watch the last 2 games? He got a ton of explosive dunks/layups. I remember hearing people say the same thing at the beginning of last season, too, and I specifically remember listening to a podcast where they thought Lebron had lost some of his athleticism. I'd say that it's just rust, especially after seeing these last 2 games.

And Showtime, in the 3 games before tonight, Lebron was doing a ton of work in the post - whether it was scoring or creating for others. I'm guessing you haven't been watching the games. His weight is a big reason why he's so impossible to guard.
    Last edited by che guevara; 11-22-2009 at 02:19 AM.

Certified ISHiot.

Highlights from tonight's game

He looks pretty f@cking explosive to me.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Lebron's more of a jumpshooter now. He want to be like Kobe. Be like Kobe.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4

still don't think he's getting off the ground as quickly as he did last year. and you can really tell when he gathers himself with two feet...

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

My first thought would be he's just saving his energy more, not losing a step.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4

Dude, he looks like he's barely getting off the ground compared to his former self. Before his head would be rim level on most of his dunks, right now it looks like he's barely getting up there. He's quick I guess, but doesn't get up high.

Dude is already close to 14 thousand points already, he's had a career and a half already.

Magic Johnson

Dude, he looks like he's barely getting off the ground compared to his former self. Before his head would be rim level on most of his dunks, right now it looks like he's barely getting up there. He's quick I guess, but doesn't get up high.
    yeah, he's not finishing as many of those crazy shots he used to make on a regular basis.

maybe his ego is weighing him down? [COLOR="White"]relax, i kid i kid[/COLOR]

ArizaAttack24
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Nothing...It's just time for him to expand his game and mix it up more often. He probably realizes at this point, if he is crazy aggressive to the rack ever game he probably won't be able to play that long due to possible injuries. It's a safety issue as well as a strategy change.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

...will be fine

Magic Johnson

i don't understand why people think he's willingly lost some of his explosiveness. there is a difference between picking your spots and losing a step and i think people are getting them mixed up ....