Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Michael Jordan of ISH

Default Re: Dwight Howard announces he will NOT sign extension with Magic. Will test FA next os.

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    Dumbass?
    Reading comprehension isn't your thing eh?

What part of "teams will not offer Orlando much if they aren't 100% assured that Dwight signs an extension with them."

Sure teams can offer more then LA, but will Dwight want to play there?
    Moron.
    What does it matter? If Orlando doesn't accept a trade, there is absolutely no chance Dwight Howard can end up in LA because they have NO room to sign him outright.

So basically it's Orlando doing him a favor, and seeing as he's killing their franchise there is literally 0% chance that happens. LA Lakers are not happening unless they're throwing everything at the Magic besides Kobe

Default Re: Dwight Howard announces he will NOT sign extension with Magic. Will test FA next os.

Where does he say he would not sign a contract extension? I see him say everything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Thing is.... much like Lebron it's not about the actual leaving. We know Cleveland back then and Orlando now aren't going anywhere. Why? Tons of overpaid, older players who don't have the best chemistry. The value of these teams outside of Lebron and Dwight were/are almost nothing. Nobody wants anyone on the Magic besides Dwight and MAYBE Jameer Nelson.

I just think instead of following in Lebron's footsteps and saying all the right things and acting super loyal when you plan on leaving is the wrong way to go about it. Melo told Denver pretty much in beginning of season he ONLY wanted to go to NY and WOULD NOT resign. This maybe bullsh*t Lebron and now Dwight pulled.. is getting annoying for me.
    This is not even on the same stratosphere as what Lebron did. By my spotty recollection, Dwight never said he was loyal to the organization...he said he wanted to be loyal to Orlando. I think he loves the fans and the region more than the front office people who fail so horribly at getting him a team that can win it all. The fans there have always shown him nothing but love and its hard to choose between that level of adulation and your own personal career goals.

At least Orlando is left with some options and plenty of time to execute them before he walks, as well. No one knew what was going on with Lebron until his TV show ended, at which point the Cavs' front office was left proper f**ked (largely their own fault, I know).

The Magic can have their pick of whoever they want on our roster for Dwight.

Horford/Johnson/Teague for Dwight/Arenas? Done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Where does he say he would not sign a contract extension? I see him say everything but that.
    +1

Its seems they put word on his mouth tbh.

id don't see any team having a good offer for orlando other than the teams he doesn't want to play for

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    This is not even on the same stratosphere as what Lebron did. By my spotty recollection, Dwight never said he was loyal to the organization...he said he wanted to be loyal to Orlando. I think he loves the fans and the region more than the front office people who fail so horribly at getting him a team that can win it all. The fans there have always shown him nothing but love and its hard to choose between that level of adulation and your own personal career goals.

At least Orlando is left with some options and plenty of time to execute them before he walks, as well. No one knew what was going on with Lebron until his TV show ended, at which point the Cavs' front office was left proper f**ked (largely their own fault, I know).
    Bullsh*t. He's said about 20 times he WANTS to stay in Orlando and it's his first choice. Just like Lebron did. I didn't compare it to "The Decision". I'm saying how Lebron sweet talked his city about you're my first love and all this sh*t.. is exactly what Dwight's doing. Yet both declined an extension and made it clear they wanted to win a ring at all costs.

Decent playground baller marion706's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Well If Dwight Howard does leave Orlando or gets traded, I hope he gets traded to his hometown Atlanta. I could see a deal being made probably involving players like Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, and maybe Al Horford. Not all of those guys, but those guys are players I can see being thrown in the deal.
    josh smith and dwight in the paint

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Bullsh*t. He's said about 20 times he WANTS to stay in Orlando and it's his first choice. Just like Lebron did. I didn't compare it to "The Decision". I'm saying how Lebron sweet talked his city about you're my first love and all this sh*t.. is exactly what Dwight's doing. Yet both declined an extension and made it clear they wanted to win a ring at all costs.
    Well, Wake Forest was my first choice for college and I said so about 100 times to anyone who listened. Then they offered me piss for financial aid and Providence offered me a lot.

Decisions are funny like that.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by marion706
    josh smith and dwight in the paint
    Actually If I was a Hawks fan I'd much rather have Smith traded than Horford. I really like Al Horford and I think he is a tremendous player. I don't know what is up with Josh Smith. I don't even know what position he is, I don't know whether or not he is a SF or a PF. Al Horford is clearly a PF, he is just like Amare Stoudemire (position-wise).

Best case scenario is that they keep Al Horford in this trade to play alongside Dwight in the future. Worst case scenario is that they dump both Joe Johnson and Al Horford away for Dwight Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by DRose1899
    +1

Its seems they put word on his mouth tbh.
    No, the quotes on ESPN show him actually saying it.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Well, Wake Forest was my first choice for college and I said so about 100 times to anyone who listened. Then they offered me piss for financial aid and Providence offered me a lot.

Decisions are funny like that.
    Difference is Orlando can offer an extra 18-20 mill on a contract. So there is incentive to stay. Not to mention he got to the finals with a similar roster. How about he admits he hasn't improved much over the last 3 years or so.. and needs to elevate his game. Look how quickly Shaq took the Magic to the finals. In his what 2nd or 3rd season? I mean it's a joke that people consider Dwight "dominant" in any sense. He doesn't have very much control over his team apparently in the locker room or on the court.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    What does it matter? If Orlando doesn't accept a trade, there is absolutely no chance Dwight Howard can end up in LA because they have NO room to sign him outright.

So basically it's Orlando doing him a favor, and seeing as he's killing their franchise there is literally 0% chance that happens. LA Lakers are not happening unless they're throwing everything at the Magic besides Kobe
    Say OKC gives Orlando the best package (Westbrook & Harden); then Dwight WILL have to play for them next season. After that, if he doesn't want to stay there he'll be a FA. When trades happen, teams always try to assure an automatic extension.

If Dwight only wants to play for LA or NY, no other team will offer nearly as much as (Bynum + Odom) because why would they take a chance like that and not have Dwight after the 2012 season?

You're looking at it from only Orlando's perspective. What about the other team's in this league who will have to offer a nice package for a player who might not even want to stay there after his contract is up?

Do you understand the principle of leverage? Sure if a team is stupid enough to give up great assets for Dwight and take a chance at convincing him to re-sign with them then Orlando can obviously get a better package then LA can offer; but the screening process is usually a lot more sophisticate then that and teams will probably not take that chance.

If Dwight wants to play at home in Atlanta and can stand playing in front of a pathetic fanbase then it seems that Atlanta makes a lot of sense.

They have a lot to offer in Johnson, Horford and Smith. HOWEVER, would Orlando want Johnson's terrible contract? No. So that could break it all off.

Horford/Smith for Dwight?

Decent playground baller marion706's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    The Magic can have their pick of whoever they want on our roster for Dwight.

Horford/Johnson/Teague for Dwight/Arenas? Done.
    horrible you don't trade two all stars for 1 plus arenas