Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default I really respect Dirk and Duncan now

These guys never ask to leave there team or demand anything from there front office when things wheren't going so well, they never threw any of there teammates under the bus and played the game the way it should be played.

Much respect to Dirk and Duncan and also Steve Nash.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Default Re: I really respect Dirk and Duncan now

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    These guys never ask to leave there team or demand anything from there front office when things wheren't going so well, they never threw any of there teammates under the bus and played the game the way it should be played.

yea.

it worked for duncan (mainly because he is one of the best ever)

but dirk's play has been easily good enough to win a couple titles in his career. he never had that legit squad or legit 2nd option. and how will most people define dirk's career? no titles and a playoff choker.

so it often doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86

It helped that their front office supplied them with good players around them.

These guys definitely represent the phrase "class act". I am a big fan of guys like Kobe and LeBron for the exposure they bring to the sport, but there is no denying that they are divas. Guys like Dirk, Duncan, and Nash just play their game and keep their head down, and even though anyone of them has the talent and the accolades to be a loud mouth diva, they instead just stay quiet. I think the NBA needs stars like Dirk as well as stars like LeBron, it keeps things in perspective.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    yea. and this.

although deep down i bet dirk really wishes he got his paul pierce or ray allen or gasol.....so it goes both ways.

and this is my problem. we hammer dirk for not winning, but then praise his loyalty. but really it was his loyalty that prevented him from winning a couple of titles at least.

so its really tough and its why i don't mind this at all.

Banned

Dirk will go down as the greatest Euro player of all time. Who needs a title?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    This. Also Duncan said he wanted out once, but since he got quality team, he stayed.

After last season I thought Dirk will want to sign somewhere else, but Cuban is pretty special owner, so I can understand why Dirk stayed. Its not like he played with scrubs either, Cuban really tries to make it work.

I was surprised about Nash, I really wanted him to win the ring before he retires, but it seemed he preferred loyalty over rings when he signed the last extension. Ironic thing is, it seems Suns may trade him instead to rebuild now

In the contrast take for example Deron, first he clashes with the HOF coach who was with Jazz since forever, then says either he goes or Sloan, and after Sloan left (sacrificed by owner?), Deron leaked he will be leave Jazz anyway in a few years

didn't they make playoffs all the time?
    and being such "class act" should be considered a shameful thing. why? kg's years in minnesota is a shame.

When did either of them have any reason to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Dirk will go down as the greatest Euro player of all time. Who needs a title?
    Great Euro player with the best NBA resume, its not the same as the greatest Euro player ever.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Exactly. KG is the one guy who suffered from this and never asked a trade until it was hopeless. Dirk and Duncan always were in organizations that were determined to win, unlike Minnesota. And that's what Kobe felt the Lakers were doing to him(what Minnesota was doing to KG) so that's why he was asking to be traded.

I rule the local playground strike's Avatar

erm when exactly were things not going well for mr Tim Duncan! hes been extremely blessed to be at the Spurs, (IMO the best run nba team in the league). He has never lacked supporting talent or coaching

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The best player Denver ever put next to Carmelo Anthony was a past prime Allen Iverson. Had they put a top quality player next to him, he never would have left.

Same goes for Lebron. Best player he ever got in Cleveland was Atawn Jamison, Mo Williams, and past prime Shaq.

I rule the local playground strike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    The best player Denver ever put next to Carmelo Anthony was a past prime Allen Iverson. Had they put a top quality player next to him, he never would have left.

Same goes for Lebron. Best player he ever got in Cleveland was Atawn Jamison, Mo Williams, and past prime Shaq.
    its not that easy getting a top top player these days. especially one that is a good fit

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    yea. and this.

although deep down i bet dirk really wishes he got his paul pierce or ray allen or gasol.....so it goes both ways.

and this is my problem. we hammer dirk for not winning, but then praise his loyalty. but really it was his loyalty that prevented him from winning a couple of titles at least.

so its really tough and its why i don't mind this at all.
    This is so true, I'm extremely grateful to watch Dirk in my lifetime as I feel he will be very underrated in the generations to come unless he wins a title