Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: If Lebron shot at the end of games, could he become GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    those series are only rememebered cause he won in the end. There aren't too many cares for his exploits against the Pistons.
    He won in the end but his conference semi highlights are more well documented than his winning Finals ones. What does that tell you?

And that statement isnt even correct.. Reggie and the knicks are some of the most documented highlights of the 90s and they never won shit.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    I'm not trying to hold anything against James this year. Looks like you are already lining up the excuses

I'm talking about your expectation of 4-5 rings. Stay with me.
    Well, there's not much of anything you can hold against James.

1) 2010 - elbow injury, pending free agency, supporting cast
    2) 2009 - SUPPORTING CAST
    3) 2008 - supporting cast
    4) 2007, 2006 - supporting cast
    5) 2011 - horrible coach, fatigue

James played well enough to meet expectations. It's not like he ever fell below expectations. It's not like he's got Popovich or Phil Jackson on the sidelines. Jordan was garbage with Pippen. They were average as a duo until Jackson came along and got the most out of those 2. They'd look just like Wade/Lebron without Phil Jackson.

Pippen had migraine in Game 7 vs Pistons in 90.
    I've always thought, Bulls win that game 7 and beat the Blazers in the Finals, that would have been his greatest playoff run, IMO.

Winning even when sh*t happens. Let's see if Lebron can win one before you say he will have an argument for best ever.

The bold should be the new slogan for those NBA commercials.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

James played well enough to meet expectations. It's not like he ever fell below expectations. It's not like he's got Popovich or Phil Jackson on the sidelines. Jordan was garbage with Pippen. They were average as a duo until Jackson came along and got the most out of those 2. They'd look just like Wade/Lebron without Phil Jackson.
    Pippen and Jordan were garbage and average. But Lebron is not...

And lol at all the excuses. If Lebron thinks like you, he'll be lucky to win even one title. Your post got "loser" written all over it.

Especially when he would have won one if he had played "average" just last year. No excuses for that.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

my point is proven though. Those guys were still on the court and ready to play. When sh*t did happen, Jordan didn't win. Maybe the Bulls beat the Pistons in '90 if Scottie didn't have a migraine. What I do know is that whatever Jordan was doing when sh*t happened wasn't good enough.

When the support players fall, the odds of winning go out the window.

You can't hold this year against James even if you want to. There's a legitimate excuse that's staring you right in the face.
    But Da Realist already made that point, when he brought up Pippen's back injury during the 98 Finals. As a leader, you rise above the adversity. Plus, your point would have more merit, had the Heat been missing guys last season. All of the starters were healthy, and more than capable of winning, had their leader (yes, Lebron) showed up. He's not a virgin to pressure either, so I really don't know WTF happened in last year's Finals to him.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    But Da Realist already made that point, when he brought up Pippen's back injury during the 98 Finals. As a leader, you rise above the adversity. Plus, your point would have more merit, had the Heat been missing guys last season. All of the starters were healthy, and more than capable of winning, had their leader (yes, Lebron) showed up. He's not a virgin to pressure either, so I really don't know WTF happened in lat year's Finals to him.
    Plus he missed the part where I said Pippen missed most of the regular season.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    But Da Realist already made that point, when he brought up Pippen's back injury during the 98 Finals. As a leader, you rise above the adversity. Plus, your point would have more merit, had the Heat been missing guys last season. All of the starters were healthy, and more than capable of winning, had their leader (yes, Lebron) showed up. He's not a virgin to pressure either, so I really don't know WTF happened in last year's Finals to him.
    But that point doesn't exist. Pippen was present in every playoff game. I don't care whether his back was giving him problems. He was healthy enough to contribute for his team whereas Bosh isn't

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

But that point doesn't exist. Pippen was present in every playoff game. I don't care whether his back was giving him problems. He was healthy enough to contribute for his team whereas Bosh isn't

You like skipping over points already made a lot, I see.

Bosh, Wade, Bron and Co. were all present and accounted for in last year's Finals. In the Finals, someone has to take the lead. Since Bron was leader in every round leading up to the Finals, it was only fitting that he "Close the Curtain" and take his team home. He didn't. And until he does, his achievements simply will not have as much "shine" on them until it happens. It's just the way it works in the world of sports, I'm afraid.

Banned

i lold hard

Just close this troll attempt of a thread

Good post, dont mind the ignorant responses (Lebron haters afterall, what would you expect)