Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: You hear stories of Jordan being an a**hole and a jerk.

Nobody's perfect, who cares?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderRight
    It's called humility.
    I was told , after he dunked on an opponent - he apologized to his opponent.

He's nicer than most people think

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ANetsVinSanity15
    But who here can tell me that they'd be the SAME exact person they were before becoming so successful ?

Mike had the vast majority of people worshiping him like a God basically his whole NBA life so why wouldn't he be a douche bag? can you sit there and tell me you would be diffrent? it gets to the head.

I agree....

You got to picture it like this as well...nobody treats him like a person anymore you know. Everybody WANTS something from him. Like a picture...an autograph...etc. etc. Some people and very few can shine in the spotlight...most people do OK but hate it. I understand why he is a douche...and if I ever cross path I would treat him as a person. Just talk to him and say whats up that's it.

I meet a couple of players and did just that...

Kobe at Disneyland...Rasheed Wallace in Vegas....D-Fish on Melrose in LA...John Starks in SF....just said whats up and all of them was real cool. Didn't ask for no pictures or autographs etc just introduce myself and that it.

At the end of the day I think they all just want to be treated like regular folks. And they appreciate it if you just show them love and not ask for anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    at least he aint no rapist
    Yup. He's a murderer instead

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    There's no reason to be an a**hole no matter how successful you are, so they rightfully should be called out on it.

At the same time, I'm not going to assume I know how I'd be if I was in a situation vastly different from my own, like instead of a 9-5 office employee making 5 figures, I'm a professional athlete traveling the globe making 7-8 figures. For example, it gets on my nerves when athletes get criticized for cheating on their wives. Who am I to act all self-righteous and pretend I know how it feels to have the most beautiful women in the world throw themselves at me every time I step into town? I'd like to think I wouldn't be an asshole, but who knows.
    Seconded, well said. MJ may have once been humble and his experiences during his career shaped his personality, who knows?

Everybody knows Michael Jordan is the pettiest douche in the NBA. He's such a douche that sometimes you almost can't believe this is real life. He's an internet troll in real life. It's pretty funny.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    I agree....

You got to picture it like this as well...nobody treats him like a person anymore you know. Everybody WANTS something from him. Like a picture...an autograph...etc. etc. Some people and very few can shine in the spotlight...most people do OK but hate it. I understand why he is a douche...and if I ever cross path I would treat him as a person. Just talk to him and say whats up that's it.

I meet a couple of players and did just that...

Kobe at Disneyland...Rasheed Wallace in Vegas....D-Fish on Melrose in LA...John Starks in SF....just said whats up and all of them was real cool. Didn't ask for no pictures or autographs etc just introduce myself and that it.

At the end of the day I think they all just want to be treated like regular folks. And they appreciate it if you just show them love and not ask for anything.
    This is a very good point as well. The people that are closest to Jordan know him best. Not the fan or reporter that barely has any interaction with him. That goes for all celebrities.

Every person has a bad side, every single one. MJ's bad side is more visible because eyes are on him every time. You can't really judge a person based on stories you hear, its just a slice of who he really is. The only people who knows him inside out are his closest friends and family.

I'm pretty sure he has a good side, but people don't want to hear about that, so they emphasize his asshole-ishness.

Also, I think it's his competitiveness that fuels it. I don't think he would have been as great as he was if he was a goody goody guy. It's not that he was famous, it's just who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    hundreds of millions of dollars didn't change Larry David

LD>MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yup. He's a murderer instead
    He murdered franchises.

Most of the successful people are also jerks in some way.

We hear stories about how Steve Jobs being an A-hole right, yet he's a superstar and died like one.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Jordan is one of the biggest ****ing pricks the NBA has ever seen. I find it hilarious how it's been swept under the rug too though because he's the "greatest player of all time". Even without the rape scandal, Kobe (who I don't even like and find overrated) always got shit for not having a great personality, but Michael Jordan because of how great he was basically gets a pass from everyone when he's one of the biggest ****ing assholes the NBA has EVER seen. Though to be honest maybe he's just an misanthropist. I can relate to that as I am one. If you don't know what that means it basically means you just hate people in general. Like I find most people I meet to be idiots and maybe Michael did, so maybe we are two peas in a pod except he's 6'6" black and was and athletic stud and made millions and dollars and i'm not...*smirk*
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-22-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zass
    Most of the successful people are also jerks in some way.

We hear stories about how Steve Jobs being an A-hole right, yet he's a superstar and died like one.
    Steve Jobs had more carte blanche to act that way because he created revolutionary technological devices and changed the daily lives of millions of people for the better.

Jordan played a sport that kids play.

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Jordan played a sport that kids play.
    And changed/influenced plenty of peoples lives doing it.

I love how we are all high and mighty here, don't tell me you've never acted like a dick to someone that annoys you, had a bad day where you didn't feel like talking to someone or anything like that. Why should Jordan be any different because he is rich and famous?

I've told plenty of people to piss off when they are annoying me, if I was rich and famous I'd probably just have to tell more people that.