Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Default Re: Why did the Sixers trade Charles Barkley to the Suns in '92

Charles Barkley`s Best Years Where With the Sixers.

Sixers where only a player or so to battle the Bulls and Also With the Suns but just imagine facing Mj and Pippen. Pippen Alone > Better Than Any Other Sixer or Sun Not Named Barkley and ofcourse they had Grant too.

Had Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Dirk etc Played in the 80s or 90s They Would Have No Ring to Account. Especially If they Played with a Weak Cast like Charles did from 87 to 92.

Those 50 quotes explain why chuck is ringless. He's an unserious clown and self depricating jerk. Who would want to be around that?

Mj was a jerk too but he was also a natural leader and the hardest worker. There was a purpose behind his cruelness. Mj was a dictator while Charles was just a di..

Quote Originally Posted by Big164
    Those 50 quotes explain why chuck is ringless. He's an unserious clown and self depricating jerk. Who would want to be around that?

Mj was a jerk too but he was also a natural leader and the hardest worker. There was a purpose behind his cruelness. Mj was a dictator while Charles was just a di..
    Excuse me but Barkley had a Higher Winning% than Jordan from 87 to 93 and that with less teamates than Jordan. Its fact that the Emotional Leader of the Bulls was Pippen. He was the one that talked to his teamates, get them calmed down, he was a 1st Create and then Score Player that could guard 4 Positions, Dribble and Create like a Guard and Finish Off like the Best of SFs

Jordan was the one insulting directly to all of his teamates and Pippen and Jackson where the ones that where the leaders, calming everyone down, motivating them.

MJ was a REAL JERK and Pippen and Grant saved his life.

No wonder that in 1993-94 when he left ALL PLAYERS SHOT A HIGHER FG%, PIPPEN HAD A MONSTER YEAR 4TH IN PER, TOP IN DRT, AVERAGE NEARLY 9 REBOUNDS ETC.

They won 55 Games...Just 2 Less than With Jordan.

Jordan when he wanted to return said "If I Dont Play With Pippen I Wont Play for the Bulls"

Thats a Leader? He was no Leader to me. A Leader knows how to Talk to his Teamates to Get Them Fired Up...Pippen was the One Doing that While Everyone Complained on Jordan. Cartwright threated To Beat Him Up cause of his REAL JERK PERSONALITY

Barkley had a Much More Team Oriented Personalty than Jordan.

He was a Jerk if you got in his way...and so where many but he was carrying and laguable dude too.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 11-22-2011 at 01:25 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Excuse me but Barkley had a Higher Winning% than Jordan from 87 to 93 and that with less teamates than Jordan. Its fact that the Emotional Leader of the Bulls was Pippen. He was the one that talked to his teamates, get them calmed down, he was a 1st Create and then Score Player that could guard 4 Positions, Dribble and Create like a Guard and Finish Off like the Best of SFs

Jordan was the one insulting directly to all of his teamates and Pippen and Jackson where the ones that where the leaders, calming everyone down, motivating them.

No wonder that in 1993-94 when he left ALL PLAYERS SHOT A HIGHER FG%, PIPPEN HAD A MONSTER YEAR 4TH IN PER, TOP IN DRT, AVERAGE NEARLY 9 REBOUNDS ETC.

Jordan when he wanted to return said "If I Dont Play With Pippen I Wont Play for the Bulls"

Thats a Leader? He was no Leader to me. A Leader knows how to Talk to his Teamates to Get Them Fired Up...Pippen was the One Doing that While Everyone Complained on Jordan. Cartwright threated To Beat Him Up cause of his REAL JERK PERSONALITY

He was a Jerk if you got in his way...and so where many but he was carrying and laguable dude too.
    These things are pretty much all true. It's like I've been saying. Pippen was pretty much the leader of the Bulls. Jordan has even said it himself that he was never really a vocal player. It's pretty much true too that when he did speak that the only thing he really had to say was negative. Scottie was the one who was positive and if you were having an off night would try to get you a shot and would pat you on the back and beyond that he directed the offense and the defense. He WAS THE VOCAL LEADER ON THE FLOOR. Michael Jordan may have been the one dropping 30 or so points, but Scottie Pippen was the one telling people what to do and where to be, he was the one LEADING. It's like a submarine captain with nucs. Jordan was the Nucs...those ultimate weapons of destruction...but Scottie was the skipper, the Submarine Captain who ran the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    These things are pretty much all true. It's like I've been saying. Pippen was pretty much the leader of the Bulls. Jordan has even said it himself that he was never really a vocal player. It's pretty much true too that when he did speak that the only thing he really had to say was negative. Scottie was the one who was positive and if you were having an off night would try to get you a shot and would pat you on the back and beyond that he directed the offense and the defense. He WAS THE VOCAL LEADER ON THE FLOOR. Michael Jordan may have been the one dropping 30 or so points, but Scottie Pippen was the one telling people what to do and where to be, he was the one LEADING. It's like a submarine captain with nucs. Jordan was the Nucs...those ultimate weapons of destruction...but Scottie was the skipper, the Submarine Captain who ran the show.
    There are so many people that didnt even watch the NBA in those times and they are talking like they know alot. Get Real...Everyone who watched those games knows that Pippen was the Best Team Leader.

Allen Iverson > Charles Barkley

The more I learn about Charles the more he seems like the most over-rated player of all time. A great player wouldve willed the sixers to a conference finals like AI did. Charles is clearly not on that level and needed to ride the amazing Kevin Johnson in order to finally get deep in a postseason.

calling Barkley overrated after saying AI was a better player?

you have no brain for basketball.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Allen Iverson > Charles Barkley

The more I learn about Charles the more he seems like the most over-rated player of all time. A great player wouldve willed the sixers to a conference finals like AI did. Charles is clearly not on that level and needed to ride the amazing Kevin Johnson in order to finally get deep in a postseason.
    15 straight seasons averaging a double double with 11 straight averaging 20 and 10. Go find any other player that even comes close to that kind of production and ask yourself if any of them are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound

This is a leader

Most of the writers and articles point to that MJ aided Pippen into becoming the player he became.

Here are a few:

Source: GoogleBooks

Pippen, unlike other Bulls who usually kept their distance from Jordan, tried to learn all he could from Jordan in practice. In turn, Jordan worked with Pippen on his moves, jump shot, and defense and taught him mental toughness.

Pippen relates on how his game improved - Link

[quote]

Those are some great quotes duncan21 I don't know what round mound was trying to pull with his comment. Mj got at Pippen like a drill sergeant and forced him to play at insane levels he didn't think capable of.

Just like Bird/mchale, Russell/Havlicek Kobe/gasol: great players bring good players to their level.

Barkley is ringless because he did not have this type of leadership. He could not take good players like KJ and transform them into champions. Spout off all the shooting%s you want, the guy is not a winner. To quote chuck even a blind man can make the finals once.