Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore tx_dave's Avatar

Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

The spurs should pick him up for his defense
    I dread Chris Quinn minutes

Quote Originally Posted by tx_dave
    The spurs should pick him up for his defense
    I dread Chris Quinn minutes
    The Chris Paul stopper? http://www.basketball-reference.com/...804020MIA.html

Suit yourself.

Hey! 2 and a half men, do you guys want a guy who's spreading the floor better ?45% and 43%, passes well and attempts defense OR

do you want a guy who shoots 43% from the field and three,passes about as well, but doesn't play defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Hey! 2 and a half men, do you guys want a guy who's spreading the floor better ?45% and 43%, passes well and attempts defense OR

do you want a guy who shoots 43% from the field and three,passes about as well, but doesn't play defense?
    Don't get it twisted dude, Bibby is a much better shooter than Arroyo. All of Arroyo's shots this season have been enough time to watch the 5th set of a Wimbledon final type wide open. LeBatard said Bibby was shooting like high 60's on open baskets yesterday.

Knicks should pick him up

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
    Don't get it twisted dude, Bibby is a much better shooter than Arroyo. All of Arroyo's shots this season have been enough time to watch the 5th set of a Wimbledon final type wide open. LeBatard said Bibby was shooting like high 60's on open baskets yesterday.
    Why did ATL give up on Bibby then? Clearly, Bibby can't play defense and has lost more than a step in his old age.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson14
    Damn arroyo was my one of my favorite heat

So were you born in Puerto Rico or do you just have Rican in your bloodline?

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Why did ATL give up on Bibby then? Clearly, Bibby can't play defense and has lost more than a step in his old age.
    Atlanta gave up Bibby because they were able to acquire a superior PG.

Why did you even quote my post? I wasn't making a judgement on Mike Bibby the player, I know he's the worst defender in the league.

Banned

Arroyo hasnt been that good this season and I prefer Bibby as the number 2. But if he starts I think we'll get worse defensively. He'll definitely help us in the way that we close out games though, since we havent been all that great at that recently lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
    Atlanta gave up Bibby because they were able to acquire a superior PG.

Why did you even quote my post? I wasn't making a judgement on Mike Bibby the player, I know he's the worst defender in the league.
    A superior defender but Captain Kirk is very unclutch and not the greatest shooter around...and I quote whatever post I want to quote.

And they can't run. Guys like Noah, who can out-run Paul Pierce on the fastbreak and has done so in the playoffs, will run circles around those old fogies. And I don't know why Joel Anthony is still on the HEAT. Funniest thing of all, Joel Anthony got a pretty good long term deal for himself and will be sticking around on South Beach for years...
    Why the hell would the Bulls want to run with Miami ? They'll get killed as Miami is the far superior transition team. They own on the fast breaks.

how do you think the Heat got the 10 point lead in the first half of the last game ? Because they were running all over the bulls with quick transition baskets. And then the Bulls decided to slow it down to a halfcourt game.

The Knicks were smart to do that as well after Miami owned the transition game getting a big lead in the 1st quarter by the momentum from fast breaks.

Miami has the #1 ranked perimeter defense in the league with great defenders like chalmers, wade and lebron, and they gets lots of turnovers the other way for fast break points. Miami leads the league with field goal percentage against at 42.6, so the long rebounds from all the missed shots from the opponent creates more fastbreak opportunities.

whenever miami fast breaks with some good transition, it's not just about the points from the fast break, but it gives them momentum for minutes after that... the team plays better like they're in a zone.

You have to slow down the game vs Miami to have a chance. And this doesn't help Noah's advantage because Miami can put any center there and contain him down low in the half court as noah has no post-up game. Anthony is a good defender who's athletic, can shot block and can move..and that's why he's there. He can contain noah without a problem one-on-one in the low post.
    Last edited by Heat007; 03-01-2011 at 05:13 PM.

THE NEXT BIG THING

arroyo FAGBAG deserved it for taking my spot on the ROSTER

A superior defender but Captain Kirk is very unclutch and not the greatest shooter around...and I quote whatever post I want to quote.
    Your response to the quote had little relation. Did you think I was intimating Mike Bibby was good? That he'd be a positive influence on the Heat? I wasn't. Bull in a china shop.

Bibby would be a huge upgrade. But wow. Arroyo is really not that bad. He was pretty good, I don't see a "big" enough problem with him? Send his ass to NY lets get rid of Douglas hyper ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Bibby would be a huge upgrade. But wow. Arroyo is really not that bad. He was pretty good, I don't see a "big" enough problem with him? Send his ass to NY lets get rid of Douglas hyper ass.
    Arroyo sucks.

And they weren't going to cut Chalmers for Bibby because Chalmers is an excellent defender.. and you need that with some of the PG's in the east.

One of the reasons why the Heat have the #1 ranked perimeter defense in the league, and have the best FG% against is because all of Chalmers, Wade and Lebron can really defend.

plus chalmers has a much higher upside than arroyo.

with bibby AND Arroyo you didn't have a PG who could defend wortha lick. Ch