Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Isiah Thomas: I hope I was half as good as CP3, honor to be compared to him

"It's great watching him play," Thomas told LACTV. "It's awesome to see him achieve this level. It's always an honor to be compared to him because he's such a great player, such a great leader on the floor and what he's done for this franchise and what he's done for Los Angeles, it speaks volumes. I'm just honored because he's such a special player and such a special person. I hope I was half as good as he is because it's quite an honor to be compared to him."

LOL @ ppl think Zeke was better than CP3

Default Re: Isiah Thomas: I hope I was half as good as CP3, honor to be compared to him

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    "It's great watching him play," Thomas told LACTV. "It's awesome to see him achieve this level. It's always an honor to be compared to him because he's such a great player, such a great leader on the floor and what he's done for this franchise and what he's done for Los Angeles, it speaks volumes. I'm just honored because he's such a special player and such a special person. I hope I was half as good as he is because it's quite an honor to be compared to him."

He was. And by a mile.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Isiah Thomas: I hope I was half as good as CP3, honor to be compared to him

CP3 isn't even the best PG in the league..

19.2 PPG, 9 APG, 3 RPG and almost 2 SPG for his career. Not to mention, he's a 2x champ. I still don't think CP3 is better than Zeke. He's close. All he needs is that ring.

Thomas career-wise was better. But I'd take 2007-2009 peak Chris Paul over Zeke.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    He was. And by a mile.
    All i know is CP3 in his prime would never be below in MVP voting to Kelly Tripucka

All i know is CP3 in his prime would never be below in MVP voting to Kelly Tripucka
    Oh of course. A 20 year old rookie finishing behind a 22 year old teammate was horrible. BTW, Tripucka can thank Thomas for that season.

You want to compare the rest of their careers?

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    19.2 PPG, 9 APG, 3 RPG and almost 2 SPG for his career. Not to mention, he's a 2x champ. I still don't think CP3 is better than Zeke. He's close. All he needs is that ring.
    There's a difference of being a greater basketball player than a better one .

Paul winning a championship would make him greater, but you can't say his technical level of play is increased because of a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Oh of course. A 20 year old rookie finishing behind a 22 year old teammate was horrible. BTW, Tripucka can thank Thomas for that season.

You want to compare the rest of their careers?
    Isiah has a better career so far since he played more seasons but he never came close to CP3s prime.

CP3 is better at flopping, I'll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    He's literally not on either end of the court.
    CP3s literally better at everything passing, playmaking, shooting, scoring, defense, rebounding, pickandroll, halfcourt offense u name it CP3 does it better

I'd take Zeke over CP3 in a heartbeat. And I like CP3, and as a Bulls fan, hated the shit outta Zeke back in the day.

Ok, let's put it like this: does anyone think CP3 could lead the Bad Boy Pistons to wins over the 80s Celtics and Lakers?

NBA Legend

Both are racist midgets. So I can understand their bond.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

is this real life?
    ive always thought isiah thomas was a bitter old guy that thinks his playing days were much better

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    I'd take Zeke over CP3 in a heartbeat. And I like CP3, and as a Bulls fan, hated the shit outta Zeke back in the day.

Ok, let's put it like this: does anyone think CP3 could lead the Bad Boy Pistons to wins over the 80s Celtics and Lakers?
    Nope.