Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Arrow Moving Article on Patrick Beverley's Road to the Houston Rockets and his Defense.

Talks about his background growing up in Chicago.
    Pressure is all Patrick Beverley knew before finding a steady home with the Houston Rockets and becoming arguably the best hard-nosed backcourt defender in the NBA.

Pressure, as in trying to improve his social status while growing up in the rough west side of Chicago and attending what he referred to as the "worst high school in the area, which they called a mini prison."

Pressure to resist selling drugs in his neighborhood, where some of his cousins ended up in jail and a close cousin and friends died of gun violence.

Pressure to find a hoops job after being dismissed from the Arkansas basketball team in 2008 for cheating on his classwork, and waiting months for an overseas opportunity, unsure if he'd ever play again.
    Getting cut by Miami.
    Pressure to keep his NBA dream alive after being the last cut in Miami Heat training camp in 2009, which "killed" his confidence, thinking he wasn't good enough anymore.

And pressure to do everything he could to stick around the league after getting a call from the Rockets in January 2013. For Beverley, that meant only one thing: being an unrelenting gnat on the defensive end. That specialty enabled him to become the starting point guard this season on a team that needed a physical defensive spark.
    Being informed by Chandler Parsons that he would be a starter.
    [QUOTE]When teammate Chandler Parsons told Beverley the news on the final day of training camp that he would be the starter, he pulled over to the side of the road on his way home after practice and broke down in tears. It sunk in that he had finally made it, and he knew defense was a key catalyst.

"I think that some people call it a chip. Mine was more like a mountain," Beverley, 25, told Bleacher Report. "I just had so much aggression and so much built up and so much anger, especially because many other teams passed up on me. I just wanted to go out there and every single night just make it hard for the opponent to dribble the ball up the court

Default Re: Moving Article on Patrick Beverley's Road to the Houston Rockets and his Defense.

tl;dr

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Moving Article on Patrick Beverley's Road to the Houston Rockets and his Defense.

id say he's had it good compared to other nba players

Banned

Patrick Beverley also stated that he should win DPOY.

He might breakout like Rodman did when he first won it.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

One of my favorite players in the NBA.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Sucks that Lakers and Heat gave up on this kid.

Banned

He screwed himself up getting kicked out of college. I'm amazed he kept his dream going by staying committed to basketball by going overseas.

Local High School Star dabigbaws's Avatar

didnt read. **** patrick beverley

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabigbaws
    didnt read. **** patrick beverley
    Yea, you still mad he destroyed Westbrook's knee

I am your soldier!

Beverley is great.

Praising Greek Defense (Euroleague will love this).
    Quote:
    "That way was defense. They really allow you to play overseas. They let you play through everything

Banned

I'd like to see more young players go from High School to Europe. Sometimes, the talent in the NCAA Level can vary until you make the tourney. When in Europe, you play against real men, some with NBA Experience, some with the desire to make the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    I'd like to see more young players go from High School to Europe. Sometimes, the talent in the NCAA Level can vary until you make the tourney. When in Europe, you play against real men, some with NBA Experience, some with the desire to make the NBA.
    ...and they come back with scars in their foreheads from being hit with coins.

he sounds like a real piece of sht..

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    tl;dr
    Shhhhhh, LOF.

Quality thread, 5*'d, will read again.