Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Remember when 38-yr Old MJ torched Prime KG when both started at SF vs. each other?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=embqhggoep4

MJ played small forward in 2002, so he was matched up with Garnett in their first meeting, who was ALSO playing SF that year - the two were matched up from the opening tip - he scores 35 on Garnett in every way imaginable.

and starting at the 4:00 mark, Garnett guards Jordan 5 times in a row mono-a-mono, and 5 times in a row he got dropped off, with the announcers getting more excited each time..
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-22-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Remember When 38-year Old MJ Torched Prime Garnett

LeBron >> MJ

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    LeBron >> MJ

LeBron >> MJ
    That was the great thing about Kobe going back-to-back in 2009 and 2010 and averaging 28ppg in 2013..

It let us know how MJ would have done in this era, since Kobe did it with the exact same coach and system.

It's like a lesser MJ was still playing and winning championships and being the best player..

empty stats. Man that was a weak era, look at the terrible defense.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

LeBron >> MJ
    jordan closed his eyes still shoots better than leairball

LeBron >> MJ
    Are you stupid?

What up trainwreckdog?

Can i ask why you and other posters like yourself basically only talk about past eras and players? Do you not find the current league interesting or something? I mean i like talking about it too, but doesnt it get kinda boring after a while? I figure it would be more interesting to talk about what's happening right now. Nomsayin?
    Last edited by Warfan; 08-31-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    empty stats. Man that was a weak era, look at the terrible defense.
    too bad,it still way stronger than leflop ever face

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Are you stupid?
    dun blame him,he is just a 12 years old kid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    too bad,it still way stronger than leflop ever face
    Damn LeBron living rent free

poor fan, hopped on the wrong Paul George bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    What up trainwreckdog?

Can i ask why you and other posters like yourself basically only talk about past eras and players? Do you not find the current league interesting or something? I mean i like talking about it too, but doesnt it get kinda boring after a while? I figure it would be more interesting to talk about what's happening right now. Nomsayin?
    Today's game is a weaker brand of basketball... the spacing, defensive 3 seconds and no-hand-check rule (mostly the spacing though) make it so a much higher proportion of the shots taken are open shots.

This is boring to me... the game looks like hot potato, where players pass it around until someone is open - you don't have to score ON defenders as much in today's game, so the stats produced mean less to me - like, i don't care that someone has a high shooting percentage because i know it is a product of the spacing and the fact that they take way less contested mid-range shots than players used to.

and with open shots being available, it makes coaching and how to GET those open shots the deciding factor in games, as opposed to the skill of the players..

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Today's game is a weaker brand of basketball... the spacing, defensive 3 seconds and no-hand-check rule (mostly the spacing though) make it so a much higher proportion of the shots taken are open shots.

This is boring to me... the game looks like hot potato, where players pass it around until someone is open - you don't have to score ON defenders as much in today's game, so the stats produced mean less to me - like, i don't care that someone has a high shooting percentage because i know it is a product of the spacing and the fact that they take way less contested mid-range shots than players used to.

and with open shots being available, it makes coaching and how to GET those open shots the deciding factor in games, as opposed to the skill of the players..
    So you want players taking contested mid-range jumpers? They're possibly the worst shot you can take. Are you telling me the 2013 and 2014 Spurs don't play exciting basketball?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Sick. They gotta retro his wizards shoes already

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Damn, classic trainwreckdog Keep doing you brother, even if you have to keep worshipping mj 20 years from now