Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Jordan couldn't lift this Cavs team over the Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    lebron did that in 2009. You are proven wrong. don't come up with a BS excuse again. Given that everyone shits on the east, it should have been an easy road to the finals going by your logic.

LeBron vs Magic(ECF 2009): 38-8-8
    LeBron in 2009 playoffs: 35-7-9

Go eat shit you idiot.

Just put this troll in your ignore lists. This guy doesn't know $hit about the NBA.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL

keep editing your posts. i hope a mod sees your edits and bans you.
    .. No editing needed on this one.. Just copy and paste...

PLAYOFF AVERAGES THRU 30 YRS OLD:

Jordan: 35 PPG / 7 APG / 50% FG
    Lebron: 28 PPG / 6 APG / 48% FG

FINALS AVERAGES THRU 30 YRS OLD:

Jordan: 36 PPG / 8 APG / 50% FG
    Lebron: 24 PPG / 6 APG / 46% FG

Source: basketball-reference.com

Jordan averaged more assists despite carrying 25% more scoring burden in the playoffs and a massive 50% more in the Finals.. Indeed, Lebron needs 1.5 Finals games to match 1 from MJ.. and MJ did all this on better efficiency and less TO's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    .. No editing needed on this one.. Just copy and paste...

PLAYOFF AVERAGES THRU 30 YRS OLD:

Jordan: 35 PPG / 7 APG / 50% FG
    Lebron: 28 PPG / 6 APG / 48% FG

FINALS AVERAGES THRU 30 YRS OLD:

Jordan: 36 PPG / 8 APG / 50% FG
    Lebron: 24 PPG / 6 APG / 46% FG

Source: basketball-reference.com

Jordan averaged more assists despite carrying 25% more scoring burden in the playoffs and a massive 50% more in the Finals.. Indeed, Lebron needs 1.5 Finals games to match 1 from MJ.. and MJ did all this on better efficiency and less TO's.
    Fascinating how Jordan averages more assists than Lebron being an off ball player while Lebron dominates the ball 18 seconds each shot clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Fascinating how Jordan averages more assists than Lebron being an off ball player while Lebron dominates the ball 18 seconds each shot clock.

Someone clearly only saw the 2nd 3-peat part of Jordan's career.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Lebron stans already setting up GS as some incredible force so that when the Cavs win (and I believe they will), they can start in with the "Lebron = GOAT" nonsense. Memphis wins this series with Tony Allen healthy, yet all of a sudden GS is a juggernaut. Right.
    The Warriors are very good, but they are young. They have potential to lose just because. They aren't a dynasty level team that you become GOAT by beating.

I mean, think about the fact that the Mavs and Spurs beat the Dynasty level Heat. Crushed em.

If dudes wanna really think that LeBron is GOAT, that's cool with me. He can be someone's favorite player ever. It's when people start saying stupid shit that I get bothered. It's funny that I even come to message boards because whenever someone says some dumb ass shit I have to log in and reply. haha. I mean, not trolls but people who actually believe what they are saying.

-Smak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDPsuykAZ8

LeBron James 42 Points Highlights vs. Warriors

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    When i said MJ proved 40 PPG can win - it's true - he's the only player to average 40 PPG in a playoff series on his way to the championship... And considering he did it IN THE FINALS, my statement couldn't be more true.

Also, thru MJ's first 3-peat, he averaged 35 PPG and 7 APG in the playoffs and 36 PPG and 8 APG in the Finals (on 50% FG) - no one has ever averaged these numbers and won championships, ONLY JORDAN.

Until someone duplicates these stats and performance, then it makes no sense to say 35+ PPG can't win, because the only guy that's ever done that DID win.

So don't come on here and act like I'm posting some BS - just accept the fact that MJ had VASTLY better playoffs and Finals numbers than any player in history - and until someone comes along to duplicate his stats or performance, no one can say anything like "teams are okay with superstars going off", because no superstar has ever gone off like MJ.
    You're preaching to the choir. I already know Jordan has better playoff numbers overall than any other player. I'm not stating you're posting BS, I'm stating you posted inaccurate, or at best, ambiguous statements. Just cite Jordan's actual stats, not a claim that he's the only player to average 40 ppg and prove he can win. Or, you could have just qualified your post to make it clear that you were referring to his multiple series averaging 40+ppg. That would have made your point much stronger because it's actually true. And since you cite to his 40+ ppg Finals performance in 1993, I'll remind you that I already pointed that out to you in my first post. You make good points overall, just don't reach with your facts, and your arguments will be better supported.
    Last edited by Elosha; 05-17-2015 at 11:13 AM.