Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Jordan couldn't lift this Cavs team over the Warriors

But wait. I thought LeBrick made his teammates better, like Jordan? Oh I see. If the Cavs make it to the Finals and lose, the excuse will be "LeBrick's teammates could not keep up with the Warriors." If the Cavs win it all, the head lines will be "LeBrick leads cast-offs to NBA title"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    First of all, let me start this thread off by saying that Michael Jordan is hands down the GOAT and I don't think LeBron will ever reach him. However, as great as MJ is, there is no way he could carry this mediocre Cavs team over the Warriors. The Warriors are ****ing unbeatable. Greatest shooting backcourt in basketball history, great coach, #1 offense and defense, incredible spacing, rebounding, interior and perimeter defense, you name it. There I'd simply nothing this team does not have and that is how good you have to be to win 67 games. The Cavs would have to be stacked and loaded to beat a team with no weaknesses.

There's no way the Cavs beat GS. LeBron will fall to 2/6 but there won't really be any shand in that because it's unrealistic to ask ANYONE to beat this Warriors team all by themselves. Still much more impressive than 2/7 and 6/24.
    who's going to guard mj?

And to answer the question, Jordan would have been able to lead these Cavs over the Warriors.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    who's going to guard mj?
    Klay would shut Jordan down with ease

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Lol i was talking about the Thunder who were the overhyped new team but lost in the finals
    Yeah but GSW actually run plays, have more than two guys that can score and are better defensively.

GSW are a lot better than OKC were and the Cavs aren't as good as the cHeat were.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo
    Yeah but GSW actually run plays, have more than two guys that can score and are better defensively.

GSW are a lot better than OKC were and the Cavs aren't as good as the cHeat were.
    That Thunder team was beast. Destroyed the Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs

They would beat this current Warriors team. Shit, i think a healthy Thunder this year would beat them too

Not airballing my layups anymore

Yes, the warriors are very good and the Cavs will be underdogs, but the notion they are unbeatable is silly. Remember they where down 2-1 in their series and had questions about their coach and star player. But they are definitely the favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    But wait. I thought LeBrick made his teammates better, like Jordan? Oh I see. If the Cavs make it to the Finals and lose, the excuse will be "LeBrick's teammates could not keep up with the Warriors." If the Cavs win it all, the head lines will be "LeBrick leads cast-offs to NBA title"
    Well if they lose because LeBron plays like shit, then he'll catch the blame.

This Cavs team is really banged up and in their first season together. Beating a healthy Warriors squad in a 7 game series would require a couple of miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    who's going to guard mj?
    Klay and Iggy

MJ could average 35 a game against these Warriors and the Cavs still would probably lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s

Klay would shut Jordan down with ease
    I know you're trolling, but.... .... Klay isn't physically strong enough to prevent isolations from being a huge mismatch.

He'd be several dimensions below the vastly superior, stronger athletes MJ was accustomed to such as Reggie Lewis, Clyde Drexler, Derrick McKey, or Dennis Rodman.

Klay is more of a ball-denier - he's never been known for strong defense in iso situations like many guys that guarded MJ such as Michael Cooper, Eddie Jones, Latrell Sprewell, or Bobby Phills.. I like John Starks' chances more vs. MJ too - again, he's a better athlete than Klay, and much stronger.
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-16-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    First of all, let me start this thread off by saying that Michael Jordan is hands down the GOAT and I don't think LeBron will ever reach him. However, as great as MJ is, there is no way he could carry this mediocre Cavs team over the Warriors. The Warriors are ****ing unbeatable. Greatest shooting backcourt in basketball history, great coach, #1 offense and defense, incredible spacing, rebounding, interior and perimeter defense, you name it. There I'd simply nothing this team does not have and that is how good you have to be to win 67 games. The Cavs would have to be stacked and loaded to beat a team with no weaknesses.

There's no way the Cavs beat GS. LeBron will fall to 2/6 but there won't really be any shand in that because it's unrealistic to ask ANYONE to beat this Warriors team all by themselves. Still much more impressive than 2/7 and 6/24.
    Curry would be absolutely destroyed. Jordan would talk so much trash to that poor yung fella that he would feel like Muggsy Bogues. Cripple their leader and the rest fall like dominos. Cavs in 5 with prime Jordan at the helm.

y'all crazy

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Exactly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Excuses already.

Jordan was 6/6.

The chosen one will be 2/6.
    Cool. I agree that Jordan > Lebron so what's your point?