Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Who is the 3rd member of the Rockets "Big 3" to win a championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    It all depends on what expectations you have of him. If you put him in the top tier then you're obviously going to think he sucks because he's not that.

He has only made the playoffs twice as the leader of a team. Before that he had great success with OKC as an important role player and a 3rd option. T-Mac spent his whole career never going through the 1st round.

He's one of the individually talented players we have on this league. I'm not expecting championships or miracles but he's talented and a star in this league. The same way we feel Melo, Love, Griffin and a few others are stars in this league. For some reason, people exaggerate when it comes to Harden-

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

they don't need another star. a good point guard like Rondo or bledsoe should suffice.

Basketball Genius

the rockets are only three legitimate superstars away from forming a big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    what is so bad about his offence? He's on 26/6/5. Sure it's on 45% but these are similar numbers as Kobe and T-Mac used to produce.

The hate is exaggerated. Harden is a good player, just needs to get his defense in line.
    lol at this fvcking retard. Go back to working on your non-existent Jordan flop mix, Pauk.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It would take a big man like Unibrow.

It would be Chandler Parsons if we still had him, but now its probably either Terrence Jones or Trevor Ariza...

Terrence Jones is actually not that bad of a player. I really think he's got potential to be a Thaddeus Young type of guy, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Houston Rockets fan. In just his 2nd NBA season (1st year as a starter) he averaged 12 ppg, 7 rpg, and 1 bpg. I could see him jumping up to something like 14/8 next season. He'll get more touches since there is no Parsons on the team anymore.

And to the people who say Harden's game is only about free throws: He averaged 9 FTA last season, and 25.4 ppg. Subtract his 9.1 FTA and he'd average 15.4 ppg. He scores 15 points off of mostly threes and layups. Also, I just wanted to add in something. Besides Harden, there were 5 players who averaged more than 20 ppg and also shot 8 FTA (I think thats when someone starts getting a lot of free throws: 8 ) or more. Those guys were DeRozan, Kevin Love, KD, Boogie, and Blake Griffin, so Harden is not the only player who averages a lot of free while putting up more than 20 ppg.

To the posters who say Harden's mid-range game is shit: It's actually really not that bad. The thing is, is that he just doesn't shoot from that area as much as he shoots his layups and 3-pointers. Last regular season, Harden shot 42% from mid-range. For comparison, one of the best shooters currently in the NBA, Damian Lillard, shot 43% from mid. And arguably the best player in today's game, LeBron James, shot 39% from mid. All in all... Harden really isn't a bad mid-range jump shooter. He just needs to shoot from that area more so some idiots stop thinking that he only shoots threes and drives in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    The Rockets suck.
    Pretty sad coming from the Nets fan. And don't ever dare bring the "We got to the 2nd round" bullcrap. You guys were in the East and beat the Toronto Raptors. They were a good team but they wouldn't even have made the West playoffs.
    Last edited by Smook A.; 09-21-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    It would be Chandler Parsons if we still had him, but now its probably either Terrence Jones or Trevor Ariza...

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Oh shit im soooo shook. Someone call the ****ing ambulance. Oh god nooooo

Basketball Genius

Oh shit im soooo shook. Someone call the ****ing ambulance. Oh god nooooo
    didn't you two make-up yet? did my dr. phil counselings go to waste???

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    didn't you two make-up yet? did my dr. phil counselings go to waste???
    We're cool when we don't talk about Rockets/Harden.
    When It's time to talk about those 2 things, I despise him.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Terrence Jones is actually not that bad of a player. I really think he's got potential to be a Thaddeus Young type of guy, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Houston Rockets fan. In just his 2nd NBA season (1st year as a starter) he averaged 12 ppg, 7 rpg, and 1 bpg. I could see him jumping up to something like 14/8 next season. He'll get more touches since there is no Parsons on the team anymore.

And to the people who say Harden's game is only about free throws: He averaged 9 FTA last season, and 25.4 ppg. Subtract his 9.1 FTA and he'd average 15.4 ppg. He scores 15 points off of mostly threes and layups. Also, I just wanted to add in something. Besides Harden, there were 5 players who averaged more than 20 ppg and also shot 8 FTA (I think thats when someone starts getting a lot of free throws: 8 ) or more. Those guys were DeRozan, Kevin Love, KD, Boogie, and Blake Griffin, so Harden is not the only player who averages a lot of free while putting up more than 20 ppg.

To the posters who say Harden's mid-range game is shit: It's actually really not that bad. The thing is, is that he just doesn't shoot from that area as much as he shoots his layups and 3-pointers. Last regular season, Harden shot 42% from mid-range. For comparison, one of the best shooters currently in the NBA, Damian Lillard, shot 43% from mid. And arguably the best player in today's game, LeBron James, shot 39% from mid. All in all... Harden really isn't a bad mid-range jump shooter. He just needs to shoot from that area more so some idiots stop thinking that he only shoots threes and drives in.

Pretty sad coming from the Nets fan. And don't ever dare bring the "We got to the 2nd round" bullcrap. You guys were in the East and beat the Toronto Raptors. They were a good team but they wouldn't even have made the West playoffs.
    good post.

Basketball Genius

We're cool when we don't talk about Rockets/Harden.
    When It's time to talk about those 2 things, I despise him.
    look you're definitely the wife of the relationship so i will give you this advice: give forgiveness a chance. you didn't marry him because he liked the rockets, you married him because he liked you. we can all learn to let go and overcome any obstacle in our relationships if we forgive our husbands/spouses for not sharing our same belief systems.

the same goes for milbuck. as the husband you can't come home drinking and arguing and berating your spouse, you're only putting her off more. treat smook like the princess she was when you first started dating. take her out to dinner, go to a rockets game every once in awhile it's okay you don't have to cheer for harden. you can cheer for dwight or.....

kevin mchal--

you can cheer for smook's happiness, yea, that's it. cheer for that. her smile when the rockets win.

so that's why i'm asking you both to give forgiveness a chance.

look you're definitely the wife of the relationship so i will give you this advice: give forgiveness a chance. you didn't marry him because he liked the rockets, you married him because he liked you. we can all learn to let go and overcome any obstacle in our relationships if we forgive our husbands/spouses for not sharing our same belief systems.

the same goes for milbuck. as the husband you can't come home drinking and arguing and berating your spouse, you're only putting her off more. treat smook like the princess she was when you first started dating. take her out to dinner, go to a rockets game every once in awhile it's okay you don't have to cheer for harden. you can cheer for dwight or.....

kevin mchal--

you can cheer for smook's happiness, yea, that's it. cheer for that. her smile when the rockets win.

so that's why i'm asking you both to give forgiveness a chance.
    Oh im the wife... haha OKAY

Basketball Genius

Oh im the wife... haha OKAY
    you seem like the type to play dress up for milbuck but he does have a soft side he'll cuddle with you he doesn't need to express his love physically all the time but he does have bouts of rage and so do you you're both perfect for each other.

you seem like the type to play dress up for milbuck but he does have a soft side he'll cuddle with you he doesn't need to express his love physically all the time but he does have bouts of rage and so do you you're both perfect for each other.
    Get out of my brain.