Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Overrated Players Part I: Tyreke Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
Not sure how he's overrated? I don't think anyone thinks he is any good anymore so not sure how that's "overrated". Everyone has exposed the fact that he is one-dimensional. I agree that he's not even rated anymore. One major problem that he has (and I have watched all his games this year) is that he just isn't a smart player. No basketball IQ unfortunately.

Yep. Just like in real life peoples intelligence levels differ pretty drastically, hes not just typical low iq bball player. Hes like special ed. I get the impression his everyday intelligence isnt much higher.

Some ppl are just dumb. Not tryin to be a dick, its just a fact. Tyreke Evans is on the very low end of the spectrum.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Yep. Just like in real life peoples intelligence levels differ pretty drastically, hes not just typical low iq bball player. Hes like special ed. I get the impression his everyday intelligence isnt much higher.

Some ppl are just dumb. Not tryin to be a dick, its just a fact. Tyreke Evans is on the very low end of the spectrum.

Unfortunately I have to agree.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52

You're not going to find many overly intelligent people in sports. Many, many of them got by in school solely because they were athletically gifted.

Plus you also have to remember there's two major types of intelligence: book smarts and street smarts. A significant amount grew up in the hood, which requires a decent amount of street smarts in order to survive. But ask them to read and many can barely do it.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
You're not going to find many overly intelligent people in sports. Many, many of them got by in school solely because they were athletically gifted.

Plus you also have to remember there's two major types of intelligence: book smarts and street smarts. A significant amount grew up in the hood, which requires a decent amount of street smarts in order to survive. But ask them to read and many can barely do it.

I don't think that's necessarily true. You can be smart without having to go to college or take "real" courses. Many guys in the NBA have the ability to learn and adjust to the game. One thing that Tyreke doesn't do is learn from his mistakes. He has done a little better the second half of the season but you can see it from a mile away when he is going to run into someone for a charge. He doesn't see it though. Some terrible passes that he makes over and over.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #20
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
I don't think that's necessarily true. You can be smart without having to go to college or take "real" courses. Many guys in the NBA have the ability to learn and adjust to the game. One thing that Tyreke doesn't do is learn from his mistakes. He has done a little better the second half of the season but you can see it from a mile away when he is going to run into someone for a charge. He doesn't see it though. Some terrible passes that he makes over and over.

There are plenty of smart people who didn't go to college. But the NBA is not representative of the general population. There are some smart players, but all you need to do is listen to them speak to see that a significant amount only got by because of their athletic abilities.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #21
alexd
High school junior varsity star

alexd has not been impressing people

Just get him out of houstons dleague team and he ll blossom.him and cousins can make serious noise under the right coach and system but sac really sucks.i liked the team since 00s but damn they suck.chemistry issues,awful coaching etc etc.heck i can even see fredette be a solid role player if they trade him to a serious organization
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #22
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
There are plenty of smart people who didn't go to college. But the NBA is not representative of the general population. There are some smart players, but all you need to do is listen to them speak to see that a significant amount only got by because of their athletic abilities.

You must be watching Kings games. Lowest intelligence in the NBA.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #23
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How can someone no one has talked about for 2 years be overrated? Is Reke's IQ low yeah we know that but hes above average on both ends of the floor and puts in effort.

Since his rookie season where his "stats" looked good hes often now a 3rd or 4th option and wrongfully so. Reke in general is still an above average player in the NBA will he ever be the superstar many thought after his inflated stats? NO but will he remain a good player in the L for the next 5-10 years yeah.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 04-16-2013 at 10:40 PM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has decent reputation

Kobe, Rose, Melo, Lillard, Tony Parker
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

I think Tyreke and DMC would both have breakout seasons if they were on new teams, away from that disaster of a Kings situation..

Pretty hard to judge either of them right now.
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #26
deja vu
Form is temporary

deja vu has not been impressing people

He just needs to go to the Lakers and peeps will start riding his nuts.
deja vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #27
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Not effecient, can't shoot, not an elite athlete, mediocre defender. Basically a mediocre player with mediocre stats and limited upside. Still, some team is going to give him a fat contract based on his talent, am I the only one who doesn't get it?

The only (positive) things that stick out about Evans are his size and ball handling skills. What really sticks out is his terrible jumpshot and ball dominance. It will be really hard to build a team around a shooting gaurd who can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. It would be one thing if he had elite talent like Dwayne Wade, but he doesn't. What's so great about a square peg with limited upside?

I remember people were calling him baby lebron
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: