Local High School Star

Default So with playoffs locked....draft ?

Playoffs are locked.

We may or may not make it through multiple rounds. Whatever. The appearence is a positive I think.

We will have some cap room and flexability ; some chances to release or retain the likes of Salmons, Fields, TH, Cedric through cuts renegotiations and or trades. Not maybe instantly but the opportunity.

Who do your draft - MU ?

Best available player theory ?
    Best available position player theory ?
    Trade up or down if possible to "get your guy" ?

Draftnet has these guys 14 - 22

14 Nik Stauskas SG Michigan So.
    15 Aaron Gordon PF Arizona Fr.
    16 Tyler Ennis PG Syracuse Fr.
    17 Adreian Payne PF Michigan St. Sr.
    18 Elfrid Payton PG Louisiana Laf... Jr.
    19 Montrezl Harrell PF Louisville So.
    20 TJ Warren SF NC State So.
    21 James Young SG Kentucky Fr.
    22 Cleanthony Early SF/PF Wichita State

--

I will go on record as recommending a push for Ennis. Even if we try to have to trade up a bit. I like his play.

Klow will/should come back I hope - Gervais can be optioned - but when KLow is injured or hurting we have a drop off. Klow will be > 30 when his new contract is done and I would love to see Ennis as the groomed successor.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Re: So with playoffs locked....draft ?

I was just about to start a post on the draft.
    I like TJ Warren with our number 20 pick.
    With our early second round pick I really like the 7'2 Canadian Bachynski. Very active center. 25 years old, mature and an excellent shot blocker.
    Take a flyer on an international player and store him away with our last pick in the second round.

Let Salmons go via buyout.

lowry, vaz, de colo
    derozen, Fields de colo
    Ross, TJ Warren
    amir, patterson, hansbrough, Novak
    Val, hayes, Bachynski

Pick up the restricted contract of Vaz for the year and sign Patterson to a multiyear deal this summer.
    Summer of 2015 you have hayes, fields, hansbrough, amir, vazquez coming off the books.
    About 25 million coming off the books with a chance to get a free-agent to put you over the top. Then you can resign guys like Amir and Vaz to go over the cap. You also have a 2015 first and two firsts in 2016.

Learning to shoot layups

Bachynski: i think he'll go undrafted so that would be a bad pick. Sure take a chance on him as a free agent signing, but not as your first rounder.

I think the Raptors could use another scorer, someone to replace what Salmons is supposed to be (or what he was a couple of years ago).

Being a homer i'd like Ennis or Stauskas.

I like what I saw in Stauskas - decent ball handler, good shooter, good passer/playmaker, decent size (although they knock him for his wingspan), and decent enough athleticism. I think he'd be a good guy off the bench.

I like Ennis too.

Let's sign ALL the undrafted Canadians after - Powell, Bachynski, Ejim, etc. Then wait for Wiggins rookie deal to expire and make sure we have enough cap space to sign him them :)

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm a big Rodney Hood fan and think he'd be a great fit at SF going forward. It looks like he might be mid-teens and possibly end of the lottery though. Shame.

There are some very intriguing small forwards and point guards that will fall to 20. We will definitely have the opportunity to draft a guy that would normally be a top 10 pick in most drafts. I expect we will get a guy with a similar ceiling to T.Ross.

I like Stauskas a lot, hopefully it isn't a Canadian bias as well. He is someone who has an excellent game on the offensive end.

Probably won't fall to us though, because he has risen up the draft boards.

Local High School Star

I like a guy thats not on your list KJ MCdaniel