Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2007, 02:10 AM   #151
icemanfan
National High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Oberto tonight scored more than Elson did the first game. 2nd game Elson scored 2 points and Dirk scored 31. Oberto scored 14 the second game. So you really are reaching off the first game. Dirk still went for 21 and 11 the first game. Don't make it sound like Elson would've been the difference tonight. And please keep up your consescending tone which started in the playoffs last year. Like you are entitled to be the best team in Texas. And how a former Spur is the Mavs coach. Especially since you have a former Mav stinking right now. It makes it that much sweeter.

I for one do not take the Spurs lightly. We all know that games in January mean nothing and they will be there come playoff time. But all this bitter crap you are throwing out right now is really unbecoming.

We will see on the Elson situation. He did not play much of the first game but when he did he did he made quite a difference on the D. Dirk had a real hard time with him. Really you go look at the tape. As for the tone I will continue to razz the ***** out of new Mav fans, unreasonable jerks and but heads. Since you do no fall in this catagory why react. Believe me Mav fans as a whole are easy to mess with. I leave you alone, Miles too sometime Kent but sometimes not because Kent has such a good time with it and No one in the entire Mavs fam can talk **** like Kent when he puts his mind to it. One more thing...e-rasberry
thhhhhhhhhhhhpt
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 AM   #152
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Well I will disagree with you on the Elson front. I still think Oberto hurts the Mavs more than Elson. It was the first game of the season and Dirk played hardly any preseason. So I'll reserve further judgement on Elson vs Dirk till the next time they play.

And as far as why react. You are probably right. I'd like to blame it on the beers during the game but that wouldn't be totally true. Even your subtle jabs this afternoon were getting to me. I guess a Mavs-Spurs game brings out the worst in me. I'll try to act my age next time.

thhhhhhhhhhhhpt back at ya
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 AM   #153
icemanfan
National High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
If thats the case, then why go on rambling about what Fransisco Elson is gonna do to Dirk and whatever. If its such a long season, then why make such bitter comments?

The Mavs CLEARY cared more about beating the Spurs then winning the championship? Guess it was a mistake for them to keep playing after that series since they CLEARY didn't care as much anymore.

Silent is right, you feel like the Spurs are entitled to be the best team in the state and its really showing right now.
I think the state has three good teams. I have always pulled for the Mavs or Rockets if they were not playing the Spurs. As for the "continued to play" thing Do you Honestly think the Heat were anywhere close to a match for your squad or our squad last year? I do not. The Mavs were the best team in the NBA by a narrow margin over my Spurs last year. It made me sick when they lost. Not to mention it made my bookie happy. You have a great team. The season is looooooooong and the stupid ass Spurs are not playing anywhere up to thier potential. They usuaqlly do not kick in until after all star break. Check the history. Sad, Stupid and true. Every win counts and every loss counts. When your team doesn't have that same attitude it really pisses you off. I am glad the Mavs are focused again. Maybe they will now stay focused. I hope they are at their best AND that they meet with the Spurs in the playoffs. May the best team win. I have no interest in winning if we are not the best team. This could be your time. If it is I will once again pull for, scream for and yell at your team. A Texas team winning it all is the only acceptable outcome IMO. But it is up to the Mavs or Spurs to make it happen. Its a long season. Stay healthy and keep winning. I prefer to be the road team this year anyway. Love to be the underdog.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:22 AM   #154
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
I think the state has three good teams. I have always pulled for the Mavs or Rockets if they were not playing the Spurs. As for the "continued to play" thing Do you Honestly think the Heat were anywhere close to a match for your squad or our squad last year? I do not. The Mavs were the best team in the NBA by a narrow margin over my Spurs last year. It made me sick when they lost. Not to mention it made my bookie happy. You have a great team. The season is looooooooong and the stupid ass Spurs are not playing anywhere up to thier potential. They usuaqlly do not kick in until after all star break. Check the history. Sad, Stupid and true. Every win counts and every loss counts. When your team doesn't have that same attitude it really pisses you off. I am glad the Mavs are focused again. Maybe they will now stay focused. I hope they are at their best AND that they meet with the Spurs in the playoffs. May the best team win. I have no interest in winning if we are not the best team. This could be your time. If it is I will once again pull for, scream for and yell at your team. A Texas team winning it all is the only acceptable outcome IMO. But it is up to the Mavs or Spurs to make it happen. Its a long season. Stay healthy and keep winning. I prefer to be the road team this year anyway. Love to be the underdog.

Fair enough.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: