Decent playground baller Blue.Legend's Avatar

Default Sports Science: Rajon Rondo

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5271456

I've always wondered how large his hands really are.

He has been average in the finals and i'm pleasently surprised to see that he's getting his own sports science.

I usually hit open layups Tonius's Avatar

Default Re: Sports Science: Rajon Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Blue.Legend
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5271456

I've always wondered how large his hands really are.

He has been average in the finals and i'm pleasently surprised to see that he's getting his own sports science.
    Awesome video, good find.

I usually hit open layups

these sports science shows are a joke

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ai9
    these sports science shows are a joke
    In what way exactly?

Banned

Espn Fails At Every Way Possible Real Talks Bro!!

Banned

I wouldnt be surpised if they do one for Derek Fisher flopping ability lol lol

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

meh, rondo may have the big hands but he doesn't have the aerodynamic head that kobe does

I am Chris Wilcox

This show doesn't half come up with some bull shit.

It's pretty cool to see the stuff they actually show you, such as Rondo's hand size, since we've all known they were big, but never how big, they've also shown Kevin Love's 90+ foot shot and Jason Pierre Paul doing all those back hand springs.

However, their reasoning is utter shyte. The reason Rondo is the best PG in the league is because he has hands that proportionate to someone taller than Yao Ming? Yeah, ok.

The reason why Jason Pierre Paul is such a talented defensive line man with lots of potential is because he can do 23 back hand springs in a row and can also do them with full pads on? Yeah, ok.

I can't remember what shit they came out with for Love, but I'm pretty sure it was something ridiculous.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall

It's pretty cool to see the stuff they actually show you, such as Rondo's hand size, since we've all known they were big, but never how big, they've also shown Kevin Love's 90+ foot shot and Jason Pierre Paul doing all those back hand springs.

However, their reasoning is utter shyte. The reason Rondo is the best PG in the league is because he has hands that proportionate to someone taller than Yao Ming? Yeah, ok.

The reason why Jason Pierre Paul is such a talented defensive line man with lots of potential is because he can do 23 back hand springs in a row and can also do them with full pads on? Yeah, ok.

I can't remember what shit they came out with for Love, but I'm pretty sure it was something ridiculous.
    Yeah, and then they'll say something really interesting to grab your attention like, "and those hands are roughly 12 Nate Robinsons!" And then do a cool CGI clip of 12 Nate Robinsons on top of each other.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Yeah, and then they'll say something really interesting to grab your attention like, "and those hands are roughly 12 Nate Robinsons!" And then do a cool CGI clip of 12 Nate Robinsons on top of each other.
    With the JPP one, I remember them saying that the amount of force over just 7 back hand springs equates to having the entire New Orleans Saints roster on his shoulders. They then just showed a picture of the team, although I was expecting them to have a cute little image of JPP hunched over with that picture taped to his back.

Not airballing my layups anymore

God damn ESPN. They've been building Rondo-ooooverated up so much and he hasn't been living up to it in the finals. Sports Science is bullshit anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall

You think Rondo would be able to do all that he does without those huge hands or incredibly long arms? No freakin way. His game is tailored around those gifts. If he didn't have them, considering he can't shoot, he wouldn't even be in the NBA. So yes, that is indeed what elevates his game. I could be as good as Kobe... but only be 5'11 with a 5'10 wingspan (what I have) therefore not able to be anywhere near as effective. Having good measurable will take your game to the next level.

They really said "what sets him apart" tho... not why he is as good as he is. Those measurables definitely set him apart.