Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Can we be honest concerning Kobe vs LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Yeah and you know what...ashbelly, the biggest Lebron homer on this board, presented this exact "detailed" opinion for discussion earlier today. The agenda is obvious, we all know the real purpose of this topic. Like I said, at what point will it get old? Spare me your little explanation, I've seen your kind here before.
    Yep, no counter argument. Just like I thought. I've seen your kind before. I take that to mean you agree with me. Should have just said so sooner.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    Once again, ignored everything I wrote in my initial post. Like I said, I'll asume you did that because you have no reasonable counter. Anyone who cannot point by point counter my initial topic I'll consider a fanboy. Fanboy.
    everything you wrote is superflous because the fact is and everyone who has half a brain knows that lebron james quit playing in that seires.. it's not a fanboy remark it is a known fact it was witnessed by millions of people and talked about for days

the fact YOU are ignoring this fact points out that you not i who is the real fanboy... teammates numbers all that is worthless when your star player gives up and stops trying

so have fun beating the same drum that has been beat a million times in the last few years here on ish...

next time try thinking up an original topic for discussion
    Last edited by gts; 06-11-2010 at 01:26 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

I think what's hurting kobe's fg% numbers are his teammates not giving him the ball.

When they do its a stupid bail out situation where Kobe gets like 3 seconds do something.

Your fg% gets hurt like that.

Lebron and Kobe are almost opposites on offense right now.

Lebron gets the ball for most of the possession running the shot clock out. Then drives in and passes the ball to a teammate with the shot clock almost out. Lebron gets the ball early.

Kobe doesn't get the ball for most of the possession, and then finally gets it when the shot clock is almost out. Kobe gets the ball way too late in the shot clock.

And I hate to say it, but I think Kobe has not been getting any calls at all this series. Free Throws help your fg%. I mean Kobe still gets to the line, but on those 50/50 calls where you blow the whistle or swallow. They are not blowing the whistle for Kobe. While Lebron on those 50/50 calls is getting them. Which can add up to about 2 less field goal misses a game.

I've watched the game, and no I don't see how Kobe has outperformed Bront in this series.

Also, if you bothered to read my initial post, I brought up team support as well as 4th quarter performance not just "stats"

Again, exactly what I'm talking about. Perception vs reality. And the inability of people such as yourself to provide any kind of reasonable counter point.
    don't try and say lebron's 4th quarter performance was better than kobe's against the celtics...... their game plan is always to shut down the star player. and they have the personnel to do so. also, there's an entire two games (minimum) to be played before you make a final conclusion.

team support is what it is.... lebron's team is built around his talents and abilities.... as is kobe's. lebron has a ton of shooters/big targets to dump off to on that squad, which supports his ability to get to the rim and make the dump off pass. unfortunately, lebron would rather settle for jump shots (which he can't make with regularity, ESPECIALLY in crunch time) when the buckets matter most than take the god damn ball to the rack.

look at my avatar and tell me i have a bias...... i see what i see, and the cavs, while they lack the scoring SKILL of the lakers, have just as good a supporting cast (have been top 3-5 in the league in rebounding/defense for how many years now? offense is only one side of the ball) as the lakers.... offensively, they are built around lebron, and they support his style of play. how they perform is a different matter all together... you can't blame kobe for fish coming up big in one strethch.

i just love how every year the cavs are thought to be the favorite to win the title, and when lebron (repeatedly) chokes in the playoffs against contenders, the excuse that "he has no help" is brought up as a cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    everything you wrote is superflous because the fact is and everyone who has half a brain knows that lebron james quit playing in that seires.. it's not a fanboy remark it is a known fact it was witnessed by millions of people and talked about for days

the fact YOU are ignoring this fact points out that you not i is the real fanboy... teammates numbers all that is worthless when your star player gives up and stops trying

so have fun beating the same drum that has been beat a million times in the last few years here on ish...

next time try thinking up an original topic for discussion
    this.

But stats>>Life yo!

Decent playground baller

Lol expect people to take you serious when your are completely biased?

Why show Kobe stat line and BOLD his turnovers and low number of assist?

And at least wait for the series to be over before comparing statlines lol
    Last edited by DwightHowardMVP; 06-11-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Allow me to make a premptive response that a typical fanboy does. Kobe 4> LeBron 0 U Mad?

the fact YOU are ignoring this fact points out that you not i is the real fanboy... teammates numbers all that is worthless when your star player gives up and stops trying
    Nope, I was prepared for thread derailers with Laker avatars. I wrote a reasonable initial topic. I didn't just come in and say "Haha Bryant sux" or something of the kind. ONLY Bryant homers would think it was unreasonable (even if they disagree with it).

Like I said, I'll take anyone (especially those with LA avatars) who doesn't point by point respond to my initial post with what they disagree with a grain of salt and conceding that I'm right, since they cannot point out just what's so bad about it (except for "LeBron quit" type nonsense.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laronprofit9
    I think what's hurting kobe's fg% numbers are his teammates not giving him the ball.

When they do its a stupid bail out situation where Kobe gets like 3 seconds do something.

Your fg% gets hurt like that.

Lebron and Kobe are almost opposites on offense right now.

Lebron gets the ball for most of the possession running the shot clock out. Then drives in and passes the ball to a teammate with the shot clock almost out. Lebron gets the ball early.

Kobe doesn't get the ball for most of the possession, and then finally gets it when the shot clock is almost out. Kobe gets the ball way too late in the shot clock.

And I hate to say it, but I think Kobe has not been getting any calls at all this series. Free Throws help your fg%. I mean Kobe still gets to the line, but on those 50/50 calls where you blow the whistle or swallow. They are not blowing the whistle for Kobe. While Lebron on those 50/50 calls is getting them. Which can add up to about 2 less field goal misses a game.
    Gasol has been getting more love from the refs than Kobe in this series.

So because I'm from Southern California that makes me a Lakers fan and a Kobe fan? Why don't you check my posting history before talking bs? I hate the Lakers more than any team in the league.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by laronprofit9
    Gasol has been getting more love from the refs than Kobe in this series.
    Kobe has been playing good. But the bail-out shots with the clock at 2 are whats hurting his FG%.

They need to get Kobe the ball in the 4th early on the shot-clock

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    don't try and say lebron's 4th quarter performance was better than kobe's against the celtics...... their game plan is always to shut down the star player. and they have the personnel to do so. also, there's an entire two games (minimum) to be played before you make a final conclusion.

team support is what it is
    .... lebron's team is built around his talents and abilities.... as is kobe's. lebron has a ton of shooters/big targets to dump off to on that squad, which supports his ability to get to the rim and make the dump off pass. unfortunately, lebron would rather settle for jump shots (which he can't make with regularity, ESPECIALLY in crunch time) when the buckets matter most than take the god damn ball to the rack.

look at my avatar and tell me i have a bias...... i see what i see, and the cavs, while they lack the scoring SKILL of the lakers, have just as good a supporting cast (have been top 3-5 in the league in rebounding/defense for how many years now? offense is only one side of the ball) as the lakers.... offensively, they are built around lebron, and they support his style of play. how they perform is a different matter all together... you can't blame kobe for fish coming up big in one strethch.

i just love how every year the cavs are thought to be the favorite to win the title, and when lebron (repeatedly) chokes in the playoffs against contenders, the excuse that "he has no help" is brought up as a cop out.
    lol, yes. And what it is is EVERYTHING if you're trying to win in a team sport. You have to have players that can step up CONSISTENTLY in the big moments. Anyone trying to say that the Cavs have players that did so with anywhere near the kind of impact that the Lakers have is delusional.

And that's why they keep talking about stuff like "LeBron quit" or "stats don't matter" and the like because they just can't argue the team factor. So they'll keep sidestepping and making excuses and denying and all of that.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    don't try and say lebron's 4th quarter performance was better than kobe's against the celtics
    LeBron never even got the chance to play hero in that series barring Game 1. The games were never that close. I can't even imagine the trashing he would've received from all corners had he no-showed in 3 consecutive 4th qtrs.

at the rest of your post where you put Cleveland's D & rebounding on LA's level. If that was even remotely true, then we'd be watching a Cleveland/LA finals right now. Or heck, if that was true, then Boston would've swept LA today.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 06-11-2010 at 01:35 AM.

shhhhhhh

Nope, I was prepared for thread derailers with Laker avatars. I wrote a reasonable initial topic. I didn't just come in and say "Haha Bryant sux" or something of the kind. ONLY Bryant homers would think it was unreasonable (even if they disagree with it).

Like I said, I'll take anyone (especially those with LA avatars) who doesn't point by point respond to my initial post with what they disagree with a grain of salt and conceding that I'm right, since they cannot point out just what's so bad about it (except for "LeBron quit" type nonsense.
    yes it's a reasonable post you wrote if you want to live in a fantasy world

have fun, say hi to the mad hatter and and don't be late for tea alice

yes it's a reasonable post you wrote if you want to live in a fantasy world

have fun, say hi to the mad hatter and and don't be late for tea alice
    When I strongly disagree with something that someone wrote, provided they were detailed and articulate in their reasoning then I point by point counter them. That's what a debate is about. Or, if I don't feel like it, I ignore the thread all together. I find that people such as yourself are usually the frustrated types that CAN'T provide any response. Which, like I said, is pretty much what I expected from homer types. Glad you agree with me though.