Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: NBA Draft Combine Athletic Test Results: John Wall - 39" vert

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    can you link me to the info here please?

Not that I doubt you or anything.
    It's on Insider - Chad Ford.

Notre Dame's Luke Harangody tested as the strongest athlete in the camp. Harangody bench-pressed a 185 pound bar 23 times. Derrick Caracter and Trevor Booker got the bar up 22 times. Gani Lawal did 20 reps. Avery Bradley and Charles Garcia got the bar up only two times. Jarvis Varnado could manage only three reps.
    In the lane agility testing, Kentucky's John Wall had the best score, finishing the drill in 10.84 seconds. Lazar Hayward, Dominique Jones and Damion James all finished under 10.9 seconds. Keith Gallon finished dead last in a terrible 13.44 seconds. In the three-quarter-court sprints, Clemson's Trevor Booker led the way with a blinding 3.1-second run. John Wall, Wesley Johnson and Avery Bradley all tied for second at 3.14 seconds. Alabi was last again, at 3.68 seconds.
    My mistake, looks like TREVOR BOOKER was the fastest guy in the draft, wouldn't have expected that watching him play all these years.

Wall's numbers are very close to the player he's compared to the most, Derrick Rose. Rose tested with a 40-inch max vertical, a 3.05-second sprint and a much worse 11.69-second score on the lane agility drill.
    He also throws out some comparisons in terms of athleticism:
    Evan Turner - John Salmons and Daequan Cook
    Derrick Favors - Dwight Howard, Amar'e Stoudemire, Al Horford
    Wes Johnson - Thaddeus Young
    Avery Bradley - George Hill and Russell Westbrook
    Ed Davis - Dwight Howard and Amar'e Stoudemire

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

full article? if you're allowed to

There is no way Booker or Rose are quicker than Wall in a straight line. I don't care what the tests say.

39 inch vert. no no no. I watched it, all those numbers were what was on the combine on the tv, but the vertical one. It was hands down 43 inch vertical for Wall's max. He only had like 3 markers left on vertical test. he seriously had to have gotten 12 ft or so.

I actually still have it on my DVR the combine, so i'll look tomorrow to be sure.
    [QUOTE]After a somewhat disappointing 30-inch mark in the no-step vertical, the 2010 SEC player of the year from the University of Kentucky gathered himself for his two-step vertical test and then nearly jumped out of the gym, touching all but four sticks on the vertical bar. The 19-year-old, 6-foot-4 point guard then clocked in with the fastest 25-yard run (3.1) and turned in a impressive showing in the other agility drills.

Wall

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    There is no way Booker or Rose are quicker than Wall in a straight line. I don't care what the tests say.
    if you say so

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wall is an amazing ball handler, and can keep close to his max speed with the ball. That is a different skill set, then just sprinting.

I am no track expert, but watching his run without he ball in the combine, he didn't have the best technique like how Olympic sprinters run, so that most likely affected his time.

OP, can you post the whole thing?

hype.

.8 is a whole lot better but Rose beating him in everything else by margins of that much is close.

Like I said I wish the best for the young man and hope he does well...I predict an up and down season but stretches where he makes everyone

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I told you guys Booker's gonna be a steal for someone in the late 1st/early 2nd. If he were 6'10 instead of 6'7 (if that) he's top 15. Freakin stud athlete and all heart. Playing with unflinching intensity really is an NBA skill in the same way jumping high or whatever is. Kid has some Dale Davis in him, right down to being from Clemson.

7-time NBA All-Star

A lot of times players prove to have higher verticals than what they recorded in the pre-draft camp.

For example, Dwight Howard had a 35.5" vert at the combine and a 9'3.5" standing reach then we saw him touch 12'6" in the dunk contest and he could probably jump a little higher, but at the very minimum that proved he had a 38.5" vert.

High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

they should have sprints with the ball, wall would do well in that. Also i agree with lilojmayo that wall's vertical looked higher, but who cares?

Where are the official results located?

Oh damn Cousins. There goes the rebounding where Howard will feast on him. Cousins 6'11" 27 inch vertical . Howard 6'11" 40 inch vertical. Pwned

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Where is that dude Truth 11 or whatever his name is Bashing Wall now ? He said he has not athletic and would not post Good Numbers..Obviously the Kid has the BEst Speed/Jumping ability combination in the Draft.

16% body fat and 27 in vert won't help Cousins at all