Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default REPORT: James Dolan is pissed off at Jeremy Lin

Marc Berman

One of things you learn in covering #Knicks is you don't cross owner James Dolan. He is a very loyal guy but when disloyalty is shown, you are done with him. That may very well be case here with Jeremy Lin. It wasn't just the money, which was obscene in third year. As we have reported last couple of days, the renegotiation of an offer sheet that was agreed upon and leaked to press - after Woodson publicly said they'd match and he'd be starter - was a kick in gut to organization.
    [QUOTE]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...k85407zzt3ynxK

The Post reported on its back page Saturday the Knicks were furious the Rockets changed the offer sheet for Lin and upgraded it to a $25 million guarantee over three years, according to a source. The Knicks were bitter because they told Lin immediately the club would match the original offer and Lin apparently shared the information with the Rockets. Lin and Houston then plotted to redo it.

Lin secretly flew into Las Vegas without informing the Knicks to renegotiate the contract and sign it.

The Knicks had been set to match Lin

Default Re: REPORT: James Dolan is pissed off at Jeremy Lin

As well as for basketball reasons.

Whatever it is, the right decision is to let him go.

End this stupid drama.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

15 million 3rd year? lmao wow Houston is dumb

Wait, so it was a secret the Knicks would match Lin? That was leaked information? Cmon now, everyone and their moms were saying the Knicks would match Lin. I don't see what's wrong on the Rockets part, maybe on Lin? The goal for the Rockets is to give the best deal possible to get something they want. I think that's the goal for any team.

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Agreed, but the owners will make back that money with ease, especially with how marketable lin is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    No, I beileve it would be $15M for the Knicks if they matched, because of their luxury tax situation.

Who cares? Lin needs to do what's best for him. He's a RFA and a team is throwing a lot of money at him. Dolan should be pissed at the crap lineup he's spent millions putting together.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    No, I beileve it would be $15M for the Knicks if they matched, because of their luxury tax situation.
    Right. It would be about $8 million in the third year for Houston.

Agreed, but the owners will make back that money with ease, especially with how marketable lin is right now.
    That's only if Lin returns to Linsanity level, which is debatable to doubtful. If he's just an average starting guard, the marketability might still be there in a minor way, but nothing major.

There have been Asian players in the league recently, but none got the pub that Lin has. Yao did, but he was actually capable of living up to the hype.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Wait, so it was a secret the Knicks would match Lin? That was leaked information? Cmon now, everyone and their moms were saying the Knicks would match Lin. I don't see what's wrong on the Rockets part, maybe on Lin? The goal for the Rockets is to give the best deal possible to get something they want. I think that's the goal for any team.
    As I see it, once the Rockets offered Lin the initial offer sheet, the Knicks were going to match, 3/years 25 million.

After that, Lin and Rockets renegotiated the contract to 28 mil. Lin basically used the Knicks for leverage either to let him go to the Rockets or to get 3 mil more from NY.

Anyway, no more Flied Lice for Mr. Dolan!

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Right. It would be about $8 million in the third year for Houston.

That's only if Lin returns to Linsanity level, which is debatable to doubtful. If he's just an average starting guard, the marketability might still be there in a minor way, but nothing major.

There have been Asian players in the league recently, but none got the pub that Lin has. Yao did, but he was actually capable of living up to the hype.

Very good point boss, I just don't know if he can live up to the Linsanity again. Especially how the rockets traded away all their asset's. At least the Knicks hhad competent players who stepped up when Melo went down.

I don't see Lin,Martin,Parsons,W/e of their 6+ PF's and no center winning very many games...

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Not surprising considering Lin is a Harvard grad while James Dolan might have a lower IQ than the guys on his team's roster

Actually what I heard was 25M/3 years splitted like 5-5-15.
    I'll take a look on the net and edit this post.

Edit:
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Lin will get $5M in year one, $5.225M in year two and $14.898M in year three. Rockets hoped that will discourage NY, but Knicks will match.

let him go then.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Maybe Dolan shouldn't have said that he'll match any offer for him. Lin is doing what any normal human being will do and go for the place that will pay him higher as well as having a bigger role on the team.

Don't blame Lin for the Knicks piss poor management.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by sipitri
    Actually what I heard was 25M/3 years splitted like 5-5-15.
    I'll take a look on the net and edit this post.

Edit:
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Lin will get $5M in year one, $5.225M in year two and $14.898M in year three. Rockets hoped that will discourage NY, but Knicks will match.
    Really dumb not to match it, especially seeing how cheap Lin is for the first two years.

Milk the hype while you can!