Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Kobe responds to Jordan's comment about him being a Top 10 All time Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    He was second fiddle, as he agrees to it on the interview.. just pointing out what he said. don't be mad at me.
    I don't know what your getting at here...

During the Lakers 3-peat Kobe was 'Magic' to Shaq's 'Kareem', what's there to be mad about?

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe responds to Jordan's comment about him being a Top 10 All time Guard

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Nothing wrong with that, Wade is Lebrons 2nd fiddle
    we are yet to see that..

Props to Kobe on his response. Many could have took Jordan's quote as him disrespecting Kobe, because let's face it, 100% of those who understand and watch Basketball know that Kobe is easily a top five guard of all time; arguably top two/three.

Clearly Kobe understands what Jordan's real opinion of his is. So instead of rebuttling or anything of that sort, he he spun it around and to me (A big Jordan fan), gave respect where its due to Jordan.

Mad respect to Kobe's response from a Jordan fanatic.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Meh. He knows how to be PC. Kobe's taken plenty of subtle shots at MJ and his era before. We know what he's truly thinking in reality.
    Questions.

1) Do you think in people (personalities) changing / evolving over time?
    2) Are you sure you know one's thoughts better than said person himself?

As for me, I have to answer with a definitive NO to the second question and with a YES to the first. Thus, I have no idea as to what Kobe REALLY thinks but I find it possible that he is more humble than he was (say) 5 or 10 years ago. After all, it happens to most of us. We tend to think and (especially) say weird things about ourselves and our abilities. Later on, most of us realize we are not as perfect as we once thought (and we will not reach every goal we once set).

All in all, I'm not sure you really do know what Kobe thinks today. And I don't know any better than you do, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    The first 3 chips he was 1a/1b.
    For the first one he was nowhere near 1b. He was clearly 2.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=juju151111]Kobe admits basically his first 3 chips wasn't has good has Mj fist 3 because he was second fiddle. Even Kobe isn't a dumbass like his followers

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    I want them to think of me as an overachiever despite the talent that I have,” Bryant said. “To think of me as a person that’s overachieved, that would mean a lot to me. That means I put a lot of work in and squeezed every ounce of juice out of this orange that I could.

I believe this is true, dude was never the most atheletic player on the court.
    Poor Kobe. He could never run or jump but he made the most of what he had, through sheer willpower and hard work... right?

Let's cut the crap. Kobe Bryant is supremely talented athletically. This is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    And by the way, anybody that thinks he doesn't look at matching Jordan, surpassing Magic, or beating the Heat as extra motivation is delusional.

I agree with this. But there is nothing wrong with that, as a pro athlete he should be doing exactly that. Trying to achieve something is different from thinking you already have.

MJ is on Kobe's side 99% of the time...he said Kobe is the best player in the league since he left. Kobe knows what MJ really thinks of him better than we or the media do...which is why he was not offended at all.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I agree with this. But there is nothing wrong with that, as a pro athlete he should be doing exactly that. Trying to achieve something is different from thinking you already have.
    Of course there's nothing wrong with that. Its a big reason he is as great as he is.

Banned

I believe that KB is top two SG of all time. Thats just my personal opinion.

But for MJ to say that KB's not top 5 is a bit of a stretch considering all that he has done at that position.. the ability shown and the accomplishments gained.

Saying hes merely Top 10 is just a feeble attempt at making Bryant seem like a lesser player than he been.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Meh. He knows how to be PC. Kobe's taken plenty of subtle shots at MJ and his era before. We know what he's truly thinking in reality.

What is he truly thinking in reality?

5-time NBA All-Star

Jordan isn't a great assessor of talent, nor is he one to look at to evaluate who might be the best in the game. I have MJ as GOAT but he is acting a little weird as of late. Perhaps he hearing footsteps... Kobe on one hand and Lebron on the other? If Kobe surpasses his championship total and Lebron looks like a mixture of he and Magic you know he's questioning his legacy. While we may think its safe he's a bit of a maniac. I wouldn't put it pass him to tackle Lebron on the court if he thought it would secure his ppg title.

They all are competitive in this regards. If Kobe is a threat best that Jordan create an image that the threat isn't real, or being romanticized by people not in the know. Kobe has to be himself and not take anything Jordan says to heart. Lebron has the headstart in that regards. He knows that a distant Jordan is the best Jordan. The second you look up to Jordan he will try to keep you looking up.

Sometimes I think the old guys do it on purpose. I had this feeling when Jerry West said LeBron was better than Kobe. They know the quotes will get to Kobe somewhere down the line. He'll play it off and act like he doesn't care but in reality, its probably getting to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    How was Jordan being disrespectful in the first place?
    Not disrespectful necessarily, but it's like saying "Jordan's a great player, a top 10 player of all time." Factually true, but he's widely considered to be at the top of the list so it's kind of selling him short. I laughed when I heard the MJ quote because that's exactly what Bruce Blitz says to give Kobe some credit