Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio can't score

He can definitely score, but what I see out of him (at least early on) is a lot of flash and not a lot of substance.

Don't forget, the same person who drafted the kid think's Darko Milicic is going to be a superstar and compared Darko's career to C-Webb's in Chris Webber's face.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    In the NBA not one guard in the entire league can play defense. As you can see, Rubio has no problem scoring and passing on the ***** defense of NBA players.

Against European defenses he has always sucked because they actually play defense and without skills on offense you will struggle against that.

Rubio is the perfect NBA player. All flash, no substance, all hype, no ability. He will be the golden boy of $tern for years to come.
    Is this a joke? Not one guard in the entire leauge can play defense? Dwayne Wade? Kobe Bryant? Selfolosha? Rondo? Paul? What the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    And he's younger than John Wall. I know it's because of the insane amount of hype, but people forget how damn young this kid STILL is.
    he's younger then john wall? he must have been playing international ball when he was like 15 then

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    He can definitely score, but what I see out of him (at least early on) is a lot of flash and not a lot of substance.
    He can't score against any real defense. Don't use games against team USA, where not one player can play defense if his life depended on it as an example.

Yes........in the NBA he WILL be able to score. In the ACB, where the defense is almost as bad as the NBA even, yes he can score. Not in FIBA or the Euroleague. He can't score in those competitions where they play defense.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

I said Rubio won't improve in the NBA. I am talking about Rubio and not "players". Besides, in the no hand check zero defense, ***** NBA league Rubio will do whatever he wants. And if you look at him wrong he will shoot free throws.

In the Euroleague or FIBA, where real basketball and not a fake entertainment show (NBA) he will continue to be the scrub that he really is. But he would get better playing there against actual competition, not fake competition like the NBA. But it won't matter, because he will become another fake manufactured NBA "star" the second he hits the NBA.
    When the US wins the World Championships are you finally going to shut your mouth? A team of good but not great NBA players thrown together for one month playing under rules they aren't accustomed to, and they beat teams that play together for years and are used to the rules. That should tell you all you need to know about the difference in talent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
    Is this a joke? Not one guard in the entire leauge can play defense? Dwayne Wade? Kobe Bryant? Selfolosha? Rondo? Paul? What the hell are you talking about?
    Not one single guard in the NBA plays any defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    When the US wins the World Championships are you finally going to shut your mouth? A team of good but not great NBA players thrown together for one month playing under rules they aren't accustomed to, and they beat teams that play together for years and are used to the rules. That should tell you all you need to know about the difference in talent.

They won't win it. And if you look at the likely brackets........they won't even medal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
    I'm literally shocked that everyone hasn't put this Lakas no Links clown on ignore.

I said Rubio won't improve in the NBA. I am talking about Rubio and not "players". Besides, in the no hand check zero defense, ***** NBA league Rubio will do whatever he wants. And if you look at him wrong he will shoot free throws.

In the Euroleague or FIBA, where real basketball is played, and not a fake entertainment show (NBA), he will continue to be the scrub that he really is. But he would get better playing there against actual competition, and not fake competition like the NBA. But it won't matter, because he will become another fake manufactured NBA "star" the second he hits the NBA.
    Watching any other team in the FIBA championships than USA(and even them at times)go against each other is just pure torture to me. They make ridiculous turnovers, travel so damn much, and don't look like they're putting a whole lot of effort into their game. I hate it.

Tbh they play, but most likely only in 4th quarter when game is close or in playoffs, in other words when it matters. But NBA defense is bit more about flashy things like blocks and steals, players in there more often risks to get a steal or block while letting attacker to drive instead getting into better defensive position.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    And he's younger than John Wall. I know it's because of the insane amount of hype, but people forget how damn young this kid STILL is.

I agree rubio is VERY young; however, he will be 20 in October and is only a month and a half younger than John Wall. Basically they are the same age.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

They won't win it. And if you look at the likely brackets........they won't even medal at all.
    So when they do win, since you stated as fact that they won't, doesn't that mean that your predictions are all hopelessly pathetic, and since predictions are based on assessments, doesn't that also mean that your assessment of talent/skill is hopelessly pathetic, and since your assessments are terrible, doesn't that mean that we should just ignore whatever you claim as true, knowing that it is in fact hopelessly wrong. So when the US wins or medals, you really might as well just not talk, since we will know your contributions to be without value.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Lol people can improve in the college game, Nba game or international game.

You improve based on how hard you work.
    Cut down on all the smilies.

Do you get all the games over in Europe anyway? Have you actually seen all of the teams?