Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Do yall really think the sorriest player in the NBA would be a God if he played us?

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    glad somebody understands what it takes to play serious ball

99.99% of people have never played against top notch basketball players, when you step onto the court with them or against them only then you realise how ridiculously good proffesional basketball players are let alone the cream of the crop (NBA Players)
    Truth.

I played some streetball against Isaiah Swann last year. You're like who is that, right? He played basketball at Florida State a few years ago and I think he got cut from a D-League team last season. He's only 6'1 but against normal dudes who play basketball as recreation he was treating everyone like they were middle schoolers. There was no way you could stop him from beating everyone down the floor to the basket and when he did he just pulled up and nailed 3's. It was ridiculous. He played all 4 games of 21 because his conditioning was so far greater than everyone else being a professional athlete.

Edit: He's averaging 15 PPG in the German league right now
    Last edited by Rowe; 05-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Do yall really think the sorriest player in the NBA would be a God if he played us?

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    How about someone like earl boykins or nate rob tho?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpRJpywm54

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    This is a random summer league circuit game in Seattle, Washington that Nate Robinson played in. Had nothing to do with the NBA, I think he just wanted to hoop somewhere during the offseason.

But this is him vs average guys, does absolute work on all of them. Scored 55 points on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVqxDaDXPRM

Look at that shit.

They're guarding him as tough as they can and he's playing around with them and still beasting. He did a turnaround from the corner 3 and it went all net at 0:41. Thats why he put up 17 PPG for us a few years ago.

Good High School Starter

I played with a dude years out of the league..at least 10 years out(I'm sure more) at some type of local summer basketball organization and even aging like he was(Don't think he ever actually sprinted) he was far and away better than everyone else. He basically jogged the court and drained 3's all game..trash talk and all while everyone else was tired.

OP is a dumb fk.

OP

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zay_24
    I heard this before but i cant buy it. Yea I a bench warmer is still one of the top players in the country and could probably school any regular ***** at basketball.
    But i have a hard time believing ****** like Derek Fisher, would go to the Rucker or some shit and become Michael Jordan
    I've played vs cats that were in training camps, dudes that played summer league games with some teams.

And they wiped the floor with everybody.

And this was vs fairly good players (some D1 college level players).

Fisher's game wouldn't translate as well in a Rucker park environment. But he'd still probably be the best player low key.I've played vs cats that were similar to him in both playing style and body, and even tho they were old, they still killed people. I'm sure Fisher is a superior player (by far) than somebody like him. YOu forget that Fisher is going up against players that are younger and faster, so naturally he appears to be weak. But have him at your local gym and he molests everybody there.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zay_24
    I heard this before but i cant buy it. Yea I a bench warmer is still one of the top players in the country and could probably school any regular ***** at basketball.
    But i have a hard time believing ****** like Derek Fisher, would go to the Rucker or some shit and become Michael Jordan
    K, I don't know how old you are but judging by the stupidity of your comments I'd guess that a) you're maybe 18 and b) you've never played against anyone who plays or has played in the NBA. I have, and I've played against/with tons of guys who play in Europe. You can believe that Derek Fisher would crush pretty much anyone Rucker could throw at him. Here's the deal, in the NBA you're watching the best go up against the best. So yeah, a bench warmer in the NBA is still a total stud anywhere else. I have played against lots of pros and they all have at least one thing that separates them from the average baller. Almost all of them are incredibly strong and I mean incredibly strong. I don't care if they look diesel or not, trust me they are strong. They are also quick as shit. I don't care if some NBA bum looks slow against Westbrook, if that bum was at Rucker he'd be the fastest dude on the court. Lastly, almost every NBA player can shoot so much better than some anyone else. I don't care if they shoot a good % in the league, compared to anyone else they can shoot. So to answer your question , yeah they'd school just about anyone.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    How about someone like earl boykins or nate rob tho?
    I wonder how a 5'5" guy makes the NBA? Maybe cause he's a fcking damn good basketball player?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Truth.

I played some streetball against Isaiah Swann last year. You're like who is that, right? He played basketball at Florida State a few years ago and I think he got cut from a D-League team last season. He's only 6'1 but against normal dudes who play basketball as recreation he was treating everyone like they were middle schoolers. There was no way you could stop him from beating everyone down the floor to the basket and when he did he just pulled up and nailed 3's. It was ridiculous. He played all 4 games of 21 because his conditioning was so far greater than everyone else being a professional athlete.

Edit: He's averaging 15 PPG in the German league right now
    I remember Isaiah Swann being a filthy dunker. There's a nasty one on YouTube but I don't think it's the same dunk I'm thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO6i1LZZTaA. I may have the other dunk on a tape somewhere. I'll give it a look and see if I can upload it.

Learning to shoot layups

This thread comes up time to time and the answer still remains the same. The worst player in the NBA would drop an asy 40+ points vs your average joe. To think otherwise is ludricrous

Not airballing my layups anymore

Nate Robinson looks like he's playing in slow motion at that game where he dropped 55.

I don't think the starting 5 bobcats can win against a high school team.

College superstar

It takes a lot of work to be an NBA scrub.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Yes..recently i guarded a former OK St. Forward at a gym in NYC. I looked him up and saw he was a career backup with a career high of 11 pts (in college). Dude was unstoppable. Soo quick for being so big. Couldn't do anything against him really. And this guy wasn't really close to the NBA. Imagine what an NBA caliber player could do.