Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: DRose on the Knicks 'superteam': You know how Melo plays

OP legit is convinced Rose never stopped being a superstar and he is somehow the only one smart enough to realize it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I see OP is as delusional as ever. One of the biggest what if stories in recent times...

Not this shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    No he wasn’t. He wasn’t a complete scrub but he was definitely not “pretty damn good”. It’s shocking how you’re unable to accept Rose has never been the same after his injury in 2012.
    Whats shocking to me is how people keep saying that Rose fans somehow think hes the same as in his MVP days. OF COURSE HES NOT. But you just dont go from MVP level player to a bad player.

The injuries humanized Rose. Hes not the unstoppable phenomenon that he used to be, but he is still one of the best slashers in the league, demonstrated by his finishing percentage around the rim which was top 3 in the league in 2016/17. He added a reliable 3pt shot last year and was second best player for the Wolves after Towns.

So dont tell me Knicks 16/17 not working out was Rose's fault. A fit Rose is still elite in this league despite not being MVP level. See 50 point game against best defence in the league.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

I watched a lot of Knick games that season. DRose was completely disconnected from the team. He was playing get-that-contract-ball. And when you play that way and you also have Carmelo on your team, there will be no team cohesion.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic
    Whats shocking to me is how people keep saying that Rose fans somehow think hes the same as in his MVP days. OF COURSE HES NOT. But you just dont go from MVP level player to a bad player.
    Come on dude, let's not act like there's more than one of you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

[QUOTE=RRR3]No he wasn

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

That excerpt was so hard to read. Thoughts and then contradictions the very next sentence...it's all over the place. I guess Sam Smith is trying to make it seem conversational and an easy read, and I know Rose isn't someone you'd count on to be well-spoken, but damn that is way worse than I expected. If that's what passes for a book these days, then I could easily write one.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

The injuries humanized Rose. Hes not the unstoppable phenomenon that he used to be, but he is still one of the best slashers in the league, demonstrated by his finishing percentage around the rim which was top 3 in the league in 2016/17. He added a reliable 3pt shot last year and was second best player for the Wolves after Towns.

So dont tell me Knicks 16/17 not working out was Rose's fault. A fit Rose is still elite in this league despite not being MVP level. See 50 point game against best defence in the league.
    Man, I'm with you on Rose deserving his MVP, but you're vastly overselling what he is now and has been since the injuries. His 3pt percentage cratered after the first 2 months. That 50 point game was great, I loved to see that and his emotional reaction after the game. But Rose is simply not what teams want out of a point guard anymore, especially since he is no longer good enough to be your primary ball-handler and playmaker.

He has a place in the league for a few more years for sure as a 6th-8th man, but he's nothing special.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Op is on bath salts

NBA All-star

the jury has ordered their lunch regarding how this team U.S.A. fares under the FIBA tournament and how well the Celtics will compete next year

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Since when does this never happen?

Players in numerous sports go from MVP caliber to being “bad” or out of the league in relatively short periods all the time. Pro basketball, baseball, football, whatever. It is not uncommon because that’s just the way it is in sports.

“A fit Rose”?? What does that even mean? Is he fat and out of shape or something?

He hasn’t been an elite player since 2012. He’s an okay NBA player at this point: a decent starter or a guy who can score pretty well off the bench.
    Last edited by Stringer Bell; 09-09-2019 at 02:54 AM.

NBA All-star

[QUOTE=Stringer Bell]Since when does this never happen?

Players in numerous sports go from MVP caliber to being