Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Roberson tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Not really.

Thabo was an indecisive b*tch on offense. Roberson either keeps the ball moving, shoots, or attacks. Plus so far he's proven to be a good lob target for Westbrook.

Tonight was good for Roberson offensively. 4-7 shooting, 10 points, 7 rebounds, 0 turnovers, and played epic defense all night. Best moment of the game came after he airballed a FT and was getting heckled by fans and followed it up by drilling a 3 pointer.
    he's MUCH worse than thabo offensively... at least thabo could spread the floor a bit.

as for him "attacking"... he never attacks... that's garbage.

if 10 points is "good" for him offensively (which it is - it might be his best offensive game of the season), then he's a liability come playoff time.

the thunder simply cannot win a championship if durant and westbrook have no one to pass to on the perimeter for 23 minutes per game - that's just too many minutes.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    he's MUCH worse than thabo offensively... at least thabo could spread the floor a bit.

as for him "attacking"... he never attacks... that's garbage.

if 10 points is "good" for him offensively (which it is - it might be his best offensive game of the season), then he's a liability come playoff time.

the thunder simply cannot win a championship if they have no one to pass to on the perimeter for 23 minutes per game - that's just too many minutes.
    prime thabo yeah he's not better offensively... last year thabo yeah, he's better. last year thabo was garbage on offense. and he attacks off ball all the time with cuts to the basket.

And I'm fine with his minutes for now as long as he keeps holding opponents to 30% shooting and keeps rebounding the ball well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

prime thabo yeah he's not better offensively... last year thabo yeah, he's better. last year thabo was garbage on offense. and he attacks off ball all the time with cuts to the basket.

And I'm fine with his minutes for now as long as he keeps holding opponents to 30% shooting and keeps rebounding the ball well.
    well, i'll tell you what... i hope you are right and i'm wrong...

whatever gets the thunder to the promised land...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    well, i'll tell you what... i hope you are right and i'm wrong...

whatever gets the thunder to the promised land...
    i don't know if I'm right or not, going into the year I wanted Morrow to start at the 2.

but right now okc is producing with every lineup that has roberson in it and roberson himself is playing amazing defense and rebounding well, so I'm content with him as the starter.

the main thing that pisses me off is that they still let roberson shoot 3s even though he sucks at them right now.

These young guys they have look good..losing durant and russ has actually helped okc to develop these guys.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

brah u reek of insecurity

Nah, I just find it funny because according to you guys, you have the best PG, best SF, best 6th man, best wing defender, great 3 point shooter, great young center etc etc. But the team still fails year after year, but when next season starts, yall be like "bbbut we have the best everything"

College superstar

Held Kobe to 3/15? That's like 3% higher than his season avg.

NBA Superstar

damn per ESPN he himself held Kobe to 3-14 shooting. Not sure who Kobe's other shot came vs but thats impressive.

Also here's an article making the case for Roberson as the best defender in the game right now:

http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/...meter-defender

Dunking on everybody in the park

Andre Roberson holds opposing players to .61 points per shot, which is the best in the league; not to mention holding opposing SG's to an 42.7% eFG and an 8.7 PER. A significant upgrade over Thabo's defensive performance last year or what he's doing with the Hawks this year.

He actually has a PER that is two points higher than the who he guards even with his limited offensive game.

Shockingly, his abysmal three point fg% is slightly higher than Thabo's this year.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 12-20-2014 at 09:16 PM.