Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Miller....the best player EVER to never make an allstar team

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Andre Miller is an okay player that should never have even thought about seeing an allstar game. His numbers don't tell the whole story. He's not really a playmaker, he gets his assists by dominating the ball and getting bailed out by shooters. He doesn't drive and kick, doesn't really make plays for others in transition if it's not a lead pass.

He's a shooting guard, that can't shoot the long ball...and scores with crafty moves, but it takes up half the shot clock to get there. He's useless on the court without the ball in his hands, and you don't really want it in his hands as if he's some star or something. Which means for all of his career, he really should've been a 6th man for some great team, or continue to be a key figure for some 1st round team with big weaknesses like outside shooting, pace and defense that he adds to.

I'd rather have had Kenny Smith on my all star team.

Kenny hit wide open 3s thanks to Hakeem. Played his role. That's it.

find me a year where he should have been an All Star.
    Carmelo cried his rookie year about not making the all star game and Andre had as much to do with Denver's turnaround as Carmelo. Not saying he deserved it either. Karl certainly didn't like when they traded him away for AI and is glad to have him back.

Serious playground baller

That post game interview alone made me become a huge fan. I've never seen anyone come off as nice and interesting as him. It really seemed like even after 17 years he still loves this game like it was the first time he had ever picked up a ball.

What a stand up guy

[COLOR="Black"][FONT="Arial Black"]
    Denver Nuggets guard Andre Miller: Is veteran worthy of Hall of Fame?
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Denver Nuggets guard Andre Miller: Is veteran worthy of Hall of Fame? - The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...#ixzz2R63Ds5bn

Andre Miller has NBA career averages of 14.0 points and 7.1 assists at age 36. "He is amazing with some of the stuff he does and how he gets it done," George Karl says. John Leyba, The Post

If they are not Hall of Fame-worthy, can it now safely be proclaimed that Andre Miller's career accomplishments in the NBA are at least somewhere in the vicinity?

Miller, the Nuggets' 36-year-old guard, has numbers that others in the Hall of Fame might have traded for. The former University of Utah star needs only 74 points for 15,000 in a pro career that started in 1999 with Cleveland. He ranks 10th in NBA history in assists with 7,598. In his first 12 seasons, he missed three games.

Assuming he passes 15,000 points soon, Miller would be one of only eight players in the history of the NBA with that many points and at least 7,500 assists. Shouldn't that combined stats package already get the conversation started about a

Ask Benjamin Hochman about team or NBA matters in the Nuggets Mailbag.
    possible spot of immortality in Springfield, Mass., when his career is through?

The quiet, unassuming Miller doesn't pump his own tires much, but those who have benefited from his service sure do.

"I think it's just great to see a veteran guy show the young guys how it's not all about speed, quickness and jumping," said one of Miller's biggest evangelists, Nuggets coach George Karl. "It's about playing the game the right way, and if a few of the younger guys can just pick up on a few of his little tricks ... if Ty (Lawson) could get a couple of his little tricks, he'd be great."
    The strikes against Miller for Hall of Fame candidacy are no All-Star Game appearances and no NBA championships. His statistics have never been eye-popping
    Last edited by SacJB Shady; 04-21-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Jarret Jack had 25 points scored on him just in this video lol.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Scouting Reports don't include if someones a OG or not thats the problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by B4llin
    That post game interview alone made me become a huge fan. I've never seen anyone come off as nice and interesting as him. It really seemed like even after 17 years he still loves this game like it was the first time he had ever picked up a ball.

What a stand up guy
    i love andre miller, but he seems like a bit of a prick

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Rod Strickland had 9 seasons averaging over 8 assists (maxed out at 10.5)and 5 seasons over 17 points (maxed out at 18.9).

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Rod Strickland had 9 seasons averaging over 8 assists (maxed out at 10.5)and 5 seasons over 17 points (maxed out at 18.9).
    somebody look up Rod Strickland's FG% inside of 5 feet. It was INCREDIBLE for a point guard. THAT dude is massively overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Andre Miller is an okay player that should never have even thought about seeing an allstar game. His numbers don't tell the whole story. He's not really a playmaker, he gets his assists by dominating the ball and getting bailed out by shooters. He doesn't drive and kick, doesn't really make plays for others in transition if it's not a lead pass.

He's a shooting guard, that can't shoot the long ball...
    i hate you

you littarally dont know anything about the nuggets, yet talk like you're an expert

Dre Miller not being a playmaker? WTF? He is #10 ALL TIME in assists

yeah, he dominates the ball. but how can you say he aint a playmaker?
    Last edited by kurple; 04-21-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Dre Miller is a monster in half court and when the game slows down

one of the reasons i laugh at the people saying we need a closer

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    somebody look up Rod Strickland's FG% inside of 5 feet. It was INCREDIBLE for a point guard. THAT dude is massively overlooked.
    Were stats like that recorded in his heyday? I'm talking about on media publications, not by team coaching staffs.

Marcus Camby >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Were stats like that recorded in his heyday? I'm talking about on media publications, not by team coaching staffs.
    hoopdata (the main site for shot locations) only goes back like 5 years

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Strickland put up empty stats. He was the Derrick Coleman of pg's.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I wish the Jazz signed him in the offseason last year. Always was on my top list of PG's to get last year. I think if we had ended up with Andre instead of Mo Williams, we would have made the playoffs.