Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: If Adam Silver doesn't suspend Draymond Green, do the Cavaliers win?

Quote Originally Posted by Asiantastic
    It's hard to say. The Warriors had all the momentum going into Game 5, so suspending him did affect the Warriors chances of winning.

BUT, the Warriors did start playing poorly too, especially Curry. On top of that, LeBron had a legendary Game 5, 6 and 7, so you can't take this win away from the Cavs.

Everyone should really stop playing this "what if this happened" game. Shit happens in every Finals. (Bynum injury in 08, KG injury in 09, Perkins injury in 10, Irving injury in 15, etc.)

Just take the loss and move on.
    This.

Either way, the Warriors were still losers in real life.

Default Re: If Adam Silver doesn't suspend Draymond Green, do the Cavaliers win?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    The warriors 15 title perhaps has a small asterisk but the Cavaliers title has a large one, due to injuries to GSW's best player and more importantly the dubious suspension of Draymond Green

I rule the local playground

Theres is no doubt in my mind the suspension changed the series.

Not even a question.

The main talking point was whether he deserved it.

IMO he deserved it against OKC, and that was the time to set the standard. But they were down to OKC so they didnt suspend him then. Then they changed the bar/leniency when it was exactly the opposite way for Cavs.

If GSW are down 1-3, all my money is on him not being suspended. The rule was enforced to lengthen the series.

Dunking on everybody in the park

With Green, Warriors win game 5 and the series before the injury bug struck and the Warriors imploded.

NAH, GSW in 5

I still don't see how you give up a 3-1 lead in the ****ing finals of all places, especially after you yourself came back from 1-3 deficit just to enter the finals.

I cringe thinking back to it...

Quote Originally Posted by GINOBILI!
    With Green, Warriors win game 5 and the series before the injury bug struck and the Warriors imploded.

Its not just that. The whole NBA playoffs between the legit contenders was based off momentum.

OKC got momentum against Spurs
    GSW got momentum against OKC.

We are talking about breaking new records here, GSW broke game 1 finals record here. And we saw a plethora of 2 games down comebacks.

Momentum was the name of the game in this years playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    I still don't see how you give up a 3-1 lead in the ****ing finals of all places, especially after you yourself came back from 1-3 deficit just to enter the finals.

I cringe thinking back to it...

No team should have to win 5 out of 7 in a series.

Kings 2002/10

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by soots
    Theres is no doubt in my mind the suspension changed the series.

Not even a question.

The main talking point was whether he deserved it.

IMO he deserved it against OKC, and that was the time to set the standard. But they were down to OKC so they didnt suspend him then. Then they changed the bar/leniency when it was exactly the opposite way for Cavs.

If GSW are down 1-3, all my money is on him not being suspended. The rule was enforced to lengthen the series.
    Wrong. He was given a flagrant in both instances. The difference is that a flagrant was an automatic suspension because he already committed so many in earlier rounds.

How did they change the rules? Are you being purposely ignorant? If the nba wanted to set a standard he should have been suspended for game 6 as well one game for the multiple flagrant fouls another game for hitting players in the nuts.

No team should have to win 5 out of 7 in a series.

Kings 2002/10

uhhhh..

Quote Originally Posted by GINOBILI!

Plenty of excuses? Just Shut the Hell Up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    How did they change the rules? Are you being purposely ignorant? If the nba wanted to set a standard he should have been suspended for game 6 as well one game for the multiple flagrant fouls another game for hitting players in the nuts.
    Thats my point exactly, he was doing worse chit against OKC. He should have been suspended in the OKC series and understood where the refs stood. Instead they changed the bar to let GSW back into that OKC series, then changed it back in the finals to let Cavs back in. NBA finals (championship game) is not the time to change their leniency.

Green got away with atleast 3x worse plays in the OKC series than the one where he literally pushed LBJ with the back of his hand and made contact with his shorts

Im a spurs supporter and i think OKC beat us fair and square and they should have beaten GSW as well.

They lost G6 and G7 with Green in the lineup; so yes.

Thats my point exactly, he was doing worse chit against OKC. He should have been suspended in the OKC series and understood where the refs stood. Instead they changed the bar to let GSW back into that OKC series, then changed it back in the finals to let Cavs back in. NBA finals (championship game) is not the time to change their leniency.

Green got away with atleast 3x worse plays in the OKC series than the one where he literally pushed LBJ with the back of his hand and made contact with his shorts

Im a spurs supporter and i think OKC beat us fair and square and they should have beaten GSW as well.
    Thinking back, the Warriors have a huge asterisk THIS season for that bs in the Thunder series. They were down 3-1 and then Silver decided to throw them a bone by not suspending Draymond. If anything this post season was an over achievement for them, and a dirty one at that

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    Wrong. He was given a flagrant in both instances. The difference is that a flagrant was an automatic suspension because he already committed so many in earlier rounds.

Dray did not deserve a flagrant though, he deserved a technical, which would not have gotten him suspended. It was the first time I have ever seen a hit that was not impactful be called a flagrant. If you try to punch a person and only graze them, it has always been a technical. Yes, if you connect hard, it will be a flagrant. Green's groin shot had no impact on LeBron other than piss LeBron off because of what was attempted. This should have been a tech, but was called a flagrant to guarantee a suspension.

This is in contrast to the WCF when there was actually a significant blow, which means a flagrant was warranted.