Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers woking on Sign & Trade to acquire OJ Mayo

Banned

They're also trying to trade Darius Morris for a hot tub time machine, in order to bring '91 Michael Jordan to the Lakers.

You guys are right. I didn't notice that this was a fake source. My bad.

Mayo doesnt want to be a backup anymore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    You guys are right. I didn't notice that this was a fake source. My bad.

I wish people understood that many reporters (even the well known ones) often make shit up. Hell, look at Chris Broussard. I honestly don't believe he has any inside sources at all. Same with a lot of reporters from ESPN.

This isn't necessarily directed at the OP. Just my general annoyance with these stupid reporters that make shit up and claim to have inside sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    Yeah I ****ed up. I saw it had been retweeted multiple times and just quoted the original source.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Mayo doesnt want to be a backup anymore.
    quote? im sure he will be fine backing up kobe tho

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    quote? im sure he will be fine backing up kobe tho
    The only way he backs up Kobe is if the Lakers sign him at 3yrs/21mill. You guys are stuck with the white guys

Why the **** would the Grizzlies want some random trash from the Lakers? Why would Mayo take about 3 mil less per year to play a marginal role in LA when he can be a starter in Phoenix or Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Yeah I ****ed up. I saw it had been retweeted multiple times and just quoted the original source.
    change the fucking title then dumbfuck

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Why the **** would the Grizzlies want some random trash from the Lakers? Why would Mayo take about 3 mil less per year to play a marginal role in LA when he can be a starter in Phoenix or Dallas.
    Hey hey hey......Every team is supposed to help stack the lakers roster. Even though Mayo is unrestricted, Memphis should take LA's trash just to help Kobe get another ring. This is how the nba works.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
    Hey hey hey......Every team is supposed to help stack the lakers roster. Even though Mayo is unrestricted, Memphis should take LA's trash just to help Kobe get another ring. This is how the nba works.
    For the sake of playing devil's advocate, is it not better to complete a sign and trade and receive something in return, than lose him for nothing?

Everyone is quick to call players trash when they aren't household names and involved in trade talks that appear lop-sided, including myself. Especially when involving the Lakers.

Yet, we don't take the time to actually research if a team values that "trash."

The Grizzlies were interested in McRoberts since the 2010-2011 season when they attempted to acquire him from the Pacers in a trade.

Guess what the proposed trade was?

Mayo for McRoberts.

But why would the Grizzlies want the Lakers' "trash," right?

The trade was on the cusp of reality until the third team involved, the Hornets, reportedly pulled out. Surely for "basketball reasons."

Last off-season, in December, the Grizzlies AGAIN attempted to attain the "trash" known as Josh McRoberts. Again, they offered Mayo for Mcroberts, as well as Rush, in what would be a sign and trade deal with the Pacers. But, trade talks broke down and the Lakers beat them to the punch, signing the unrestricted free agent "trash."

This source is still terrible, and Mayo will still likely ask for more money than the Lakers would be able to accommodate. But let's not jump the gun and call Lakers fans entitled idiots for believing in this trade rumor. Because, as I layed out, it would be very well within the walls of reason to place faith in the fact that the Grizzlies want McRoberts, for whatever reason that they do and have. Throw Blake in as a consolation prize, and I'd be compelled to believe that if it wasn't for the Lakers' financial barriers, this trade actually could take place, to both teams' satisfaction.

The more you know ...
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 07-15-2012 at 10:53 PM.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
    FCUK OFF ...Lakers sent 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks...to get Steve Nash who was UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT

which team has helped the lakers to stack up? Gasol was traded for Kwame Brown, guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (who the Lakers signed earlier today), the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    For the sake of playing devil's advocate, is it not better to complete a sign and trade and receive something in return, than lose him for nothing?

Everyone is quick to call players trash when they aren't household names and involved in trade talks that appear lop-sided, including myself. Especially when involving the Lakers.

Yet, we don't take the time to actually research if a team values that "trash."

The Grizzlies were interested in McRoberts since the 2010-2011 season when they attempted to acquire him from the Pacers in a trade.

Guess what the proposed trade was?

Mayo for McRoberts.

But why would the Grizzlies want the Lakers' "trash," right?

The trade was on the cusp of reality until the third team involved, the Hornets, reportedly pulled out. Surely for "basketball reasons."

Last off-season, in December, the Grizzlies AGAIN attempted to attain the "trash" known as Josh McRoberts. Again, they offered Mayo for Mcroberts, as well as Rush, in what would be a sign and trade deal with the Pacers. But, trade talks broke down and the Lakers beat them to the punch, signing the unrestricted free agent "trash."

This source is still terrible, and Mayo will still likely ask for more money than the Lakers would be able to accommodate. But let's not jump the gun and call Lakers fans entitled idiots for believing in this trade rumor. Because, as I layed out, it would be very well within the walls of reason to place faith in the fact that the Grizzlies want McRoberts, for whatever reason that they do and have. Throw Blake in as a consolation prize, and I'd be compelled to believe that if it wasn't for the Lakers' financial barriers, this trade actually could take place, to both teams' satisfaction.

The more you know ...
    The Grizzlies already have 3 PGs and 4-5 Forwards. Exactly why do they need these studs known as McRoberts and the legendary Steve Blake? Memphis is already wayyyy above the cap and I doubt they would wanna pay luxury for TRASH players. If they weren't TRASH players, laker fans wouldnt whine about having a terrible bench.