Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Rank these big men

Rank these wing players?
Rank these little men?

Just like the previous two thread I created, how would you rank these big men?

-Walt Bellamy
-Bob McAdoo
-Jack Sikma
-Alonzo Mourning
-Ben Wallace
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rank these big men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Rank these wing players?
Rank these little men?

Just like the previous two thread I created, how would you rank these big men?

-Walt Bellamy
-Bob McAdoo
-Jack Sikma
-Alonzo Mourning
-Ben Wallace

I am a huge Ben Wallace fan (yes, a Bulls fan who likes Big Ben), but he doesn't really have much in the way of INDIVIDUAL talent, so I have to say that you nailed it the way that you listed them:

Walt Bellamy
Bob McAdoo
Jack Sikma
Alonzo Mourning
Ben Wallace

Wish I could rank Ben higher, but on an individual level, that is where he sits.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1.Walt Bellamy (One of the most spectacular big men in the histoire of the game, is sometimes lost in the shuffle when the greats are discussed)

2.Zo (One of the best two way players of his generation)

3.Bob McAdoo (Gets bonus points for winning the MVP as a member of the Braves/Clipper franchise)

4.Jack Sikma (One of the most underrated big men in the history of the game)

5.Ben Wallace (I take points off because I credit a lot his a lot of his defensive success to Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince)
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Dwight_Howard12
Dwight Howard for MVP

Dwight_Howard12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
1.Walt Bellamy (One of the most spectacular big men in the histoire of the game, is sometimes lost in the shuffle when the greats are discussed)

3.Bob McAdoo (Gets bonus points for winning the MVP as a member of the Braves/Clipper franchise)

5.Ben Wallace (I take points off because I credit a lot his a lot of his defensive success to Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince)

Same....
Dwight_Howard12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

Even when he won 2 of his DPOY awards when Sheed was in Portland and Prince was still in college?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rank these big men

^Blocks and steals do not make a great defender. His man defense has always been suspect, and DPOYs awards and the sportswriter awards don't hold much prestige for me anymore. They seem to glance at league leader lists and make their picks.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

McAdoo is a huge pet favorite of mine. There's a stretch there from about 74 to 80 where the numbers are just insane.

Then Bells, then Zo and Sikma who I think are really close.

Throw Artis Gilmore in there, he's a really tough guy for me to rank. A huge defensive presence, and I think a better offensive player than Zo. I like him all time better than Bellamy even. But he's kind of a lost player. Those ABA numbers are hard to translate though.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Even when he won 2 of his DPOY awards when Sheed was in Portland and Prince was still in college?
sort of true. prince was a lightly used rookie in 03 (the second DPOY for ben) until the pistons were down 3-1 to orlando.

def ben is the worst of the 5, not sure whether to put zo at 4 or 2.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

Walt Bellamy
Alonzo Mourning
Ben Wallace
Bob McAdoo
Jack Sikma
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: