Default Could OKC pull a 96' Spurs and snag a top pick in next year's draft?

I know it's kinda early to make any rash assumptions; but could OKC potentially miss the playoffs and get a top spot in this year's draft, and then go on to dominate next season?

They might still make the playoffs, but at the rate they're going they'd have to be near perfect when Durant/Westbrook get back. Considering PJ3 just went down, I'm seeing a lot of similarities to when the Spurs were obliterated with injuries back in 96'.

Default Re: Could OKC pull a 96' Spurs and snag a top pick in next year's draft?

There is no Tim Duncan in this draft.

Default Re: Could OKC pull a 96' Spurs and snag a top pick in next year's draft?

Extremely doubtful based on the timeline of Durant and Westbrook's return. They'll be fighting tooth and nail to redeem many of the losses they incur over the next month and a bit. I see them finishing 9th or 10th in the worst which won't be woeful enough to land them a blue chip prospect. Anything is possible though as per KG

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

For what they have the #1 PF the #5 PF, Top 5 C, Reigning MVP, Goatbrook, Klay Thompson 2.0 in Lamb what else do they need? Stacked, not to mention of the GOAT 6th men ever in Jackson and now you want to give them #1 pick as well....smh

Okafor > Duncan at the same age

I usually hit open layups

They should go for Oubre if he pans out

I usually hit open layups GOATbrook's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Okafor > Duncan at the same age

You sir are crazy.

Learning to shoot layups

At the very least that pick could carry some trade value if partnered up with the right vet like Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Stacked, not to mention of the GOAT 6th men ever in Jackson and now you want to give them #1 pick as well....smh

I think you're talking about Indiana.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

thats what Indiana is doing