Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So I guess the Miami Heat got exposed today

sucks. I was really rooting for them, but looks like they're just average just like every other Eastern teams

Default Re: So I guess the Miami Heat got exposed today

yes exposed .. after the 4th game of the regular season .. did you know the pacers are defending champs ?

[COLOR="White"]retard[/COLOR]

Anytime Miami plays a team with legit bigs, they will have trouble. Small ball won't work for them anymore against teams with skilled bigs. They lost the 2 players that made it work - Bron and Battier.

It's one game that was very competitive through 3 quarters. It's not correct to call it a 'blowout' considering it was a 4 point game with 6 mins left.

Miami is also incorporating as many new players a Cleveland, while running a new offense, and playing all starters 30 or less minutes. They will improve, and there will obviously be growing pains - how have the Cavs been doing again?

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

If you watched the game you would notice it was sloppily officiated and the game had no rhythm in the second half with all the stoppages of play. Every other possession was a foul. Rockets are a tough team to beat because Harden and Howard know how to turn the game into a parade at the free throw line. Tired of watching Harden flop & flail his way into double digit FTA per game

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    If you watched the game you would notice it was sloppily officiated and the game had no rhythm in the second half with all the stoppages of play. Every other possession was a foul. Rockets are a tough team to beat because Harden and Howard know how to turn the game into a parade at the free throw line. Tired of watching Harden flop & flail his way into double digit FTA per game

Anyway, I just found out that the Heat were missing Chris Anderson, Udonis Haslem, and Danny Granger

Perhaps they will get better when these 3 come bac

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    It's one game that was very competitive through 3 quarters. It's not correct to call it a 'blowout' considering it was a 4 point game with 6 mins left.

Miami is also incorporating as many new players a Cleveland, while running a new offense, and playing all starters 30 or less minutes. They will improve, and there will obviously be growing pains - how have the Cavs been doing again?

the game could have been won...Spo decisions were suspect late in the game, Deng was on the bench with Chalmers in. Chalmers had so many turnovers and bonehead plays, I really don't understand why they play him over Cole and even Shabazz, at this point.

Wade had a few late game plays that were pretty bonehead too...Bosh coming off the bench kind of willed us back in the later 3rd/4th, we need to have him be more of a focal point than what he already is. too much unselfishness on his part. Want to see 18-20 shots a game from him rather than around 15

Miami will be fine. They're no powerhouse but they seem like a sound team that will linger around the top 4 seeded position all year...

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    the game could have been won...Spo decisions were suspect late in the game, Deng was on the bench with Chalmers in. Chalmers had so many turnovers and bonehead plays, I really don't understand why they play him over Cole and even Shabazz, at this point.

Wade had a few late game plays that were pretty bonehead too...Bosh coming off the bench kind of willed us back in the later 3rd/4th, we need to have him be more of a focal point than what he already is. too much unselfishness on his part. Want to see 18-20 shots a game from him rather than around 15
    Agreed. Chris is putting up some nice numbers thus far on the whole but for this team to go anywhere, he's definitely going to need to be a more assertive presence out there.

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal

Anyway, I just found out that the Heat were missing Chris Anderson, Udonis Haslem, and Danny Granger

Perhaps they will get better when these 3 come bac
    Pretty much missing McBob as well considering how out of sync he's been coming back from injury (and missing preseason). Once McBob gets acclimated he will add another dimension to Miami's passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd

Chalmers just shouldn't be playing PG much, but Cole didn't show up at all last night. And he's looked pretty good as a scorer off the bench to back Wade thus far. Shabazz looks very promising though.

Thought Miami missed an opportunity to capitalise in the first half when they held Bosh and Wade out for ages to end 2nd half (where Rockets went on a run and finished half ahead). Should always try and close the half well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Pretty much missing McBob as well considering how out of sync he's been coming back from injury (and missing preseason). Once McBob gets acclimated he will add another dimension to Miami's passing game.

Chalmers just shouldn't be playing PG much, but Cole didn't show up at all last night. And he's looked pretty good as a scorer off the bench to back Wade thus far. Shabazz looks very promising though.

Thought Miami missed an opportunity to capitalise in the first half when they held Bosh and Wade out for ages to end 2nd half (where Rockets went on a run and finished half ahead). Should always try and close the half well.
    I'd agree to that, Chalmers should play more off-ball/spot-up shooter...he has pretty good range to be effective in that sense.

Cole did have an off night, but I still rather him as the ball-handler...he's productive in that area, he irks me with his drive to the baskets sometime-s and trying to make lay-ups over 6-10 to 7' PF and C's, but outside of that he is descent to stick at PG. Shabazz is very promising...her has that knack, hoepfully it continues.

And definitely agree with the sitting of Wade/Bosh...more-so Bosh, we can substitute Wade for Deng/Ennis and remain content. The Deng seating in the 4th was a real crippler though, him, Bosh and Wade should be in automatically to finish off the half/game.

OP's right, the Heat's season is over, might as well tank the rest of the year and get a high draft pick

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

They just need some punch off the bench and a legit big that can defend. I didn't like seeing Hamilton and Williams guarding Dwight on the block one on one.

If Granger can add 10+ points off the bench and Birdman and Udonis are healthy, the Heat are a legit 3rd seed. They are still missing like 2 good role players in order to be title contenders. I'm still banking on a healthy Okafor and Ray Allen midseason.

Birdman and Granger could possibly help in a rematch.

I put a lot of blame on Spo for this one. Wade was red hot and clearly had a good rhythm offensively. The Rockets had no answer for him so what does Spo do? He inexplicably decides to have Cole/Chalmers/Napier be primary ball handlers on the majority of the 2nd half posessions. I understand wanting to conserve Wade by alleviating some ball handling duties, but Spo should know better than anyone that when Wade is feeling it the ball needs to be in his hands. There were numerous turnovers from bad passes just trying to get him the ball. Also, where was the Wade/Bosh pick and roll? On the defensive side, there were no adjustments whatsoever. Riley/Spo's defensive philosophy is antequated and will continue to be exposed by ball movement, particularly against good 3 point shooting teams.