Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: A genuine discussion about Jeremy Lin's future in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    IMO he's in china In a season or two.
    There isn't a single active player on this roster that is still in the league in 2 seasons.

He averaged 13/5 his two years in Houston, in a system where I GUARANTEE he puts up worse numbers than in LA. Those are plenty serviceable numbers, sure his contract is way too high right now but any team will take 13/5 for a vet min type salary. I doubt he goes to play in China, at the very least he is proven to be a good 6th man.

And he's not the worst starter in the league. I mean Brandon Jennings may not even be starting, might have been benched for DJ Augustin. Shane Larkin is nothing special, neither are Norris Cole/Chalmers, Kirk Heinrich, etc. He'll also drop 20+ points a couple times in the coming months. I don't know he'll ever be a "gives you 15/6 every night" guy, it might be more he gives you 11/3 and then 22/7 another night.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 11-05-2014 at 03:10 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

For some reason he seem to get worse with more practice, experience and dedication.

Maybe his mindset is just not suitable for competitive sports.

I mean you can tell after a few year in the nba he was not as raw as Linsanity period. at that time he just went to school full time and finished a degree. Now He basically live and breath and just do bball everyday.

But he become less and less "skilled" and more and more dry on the court. Like when he was a Knicks and begining of rockets he could spin move on a drive. Now he cannot do it at all. And his eurostep is gone too. His hop seems worse no lift on layup all the shots seem from way below the rim. And all his straight line drive to go baseline and Floater, he was using it like mad 2012-2013 now its completely gone, like the one he used on Dirk and Dwight(when he was a laker) now he drive and stop and stuck, if you see a rim protector jump early and float it up, he did them before and now its all gone. Confuses. me.

I guess when he got a contract and settle into NBA for real, the role you play , the pecking order, attention to him and thinking of team concept completely screwed him.Oh and maybe media's spotlight on his turnover rate also make him less daring make advance moves and he becomes more predictable. He did not improve and take advantage of practice ball everyday. He becomes more and more Limited per eye test. No more free flow no more creativity more and more dry and predictable. I mean ffs when he started he was better atpull up 3 than catch and shoot. Now his catch and shoot blows his pull up away. Weird as F.
    Last edited by pnyozzzoo; 11-05-2014 at 03:19 AM.

gonna play for 5-6 mil a year on some middle of the pack team or end up in China... he has no room on a contender or even a Western Conference Playoff team. He doesn't belong. Loses his dribble way too often, bad defense, questionable shot selection. Lack of consistency.

wait.... 18 points on 8 attempts is not that bad? cause kobe gets all the attempts, he cant score rly more.

and 3 assists....well ok, this has to improve...but lin never was the typically "assist-pg".?

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    I've been a huge fan of his from the Knicks days, but watching these Lakers games makes me very concerned for his future as a starting PG.

He has some major major weaknesses both from a mental perspective (attacking, aggressiveness, not being passive) to his jump shot and TO's.

The only way he can play at his best is when the entire team/lineup is geared towards him (Pick and roll, Spot up shooters, HE has the ball 90% of the time) and I don't see any team ever doing that.

Having said that the biggest knock I have on him is his inconsistency. He has games where he looks tremendous and like a top 5 caliber PG, and he has games where he looks like garbage. Plain and simple.

So what does he need to do to stay a starting PG in the league next season?
    Lakers ball movement are terrible. I saw Jeremy got open on the perimeter many times but his teammates didn't pass, opting to bullrush in traffic instead.

I think he can be involved in many ways, not just when the entire lineup is geared towards him. But that's the key, he has to be involved and utilized when he is open. He will thrive in a team that has good ball movement.

I think in the Spurs as a replacement for aging Ginobili, he'll be perfect.

He'll be fine. Just needs to find his groove. He's had games of 17 and 18pts already. He played good tonight and against the Clippers.

If you can do that against cp3 and the Suns backcourt you should be fine.

Not that he doesn't have his issues but in terms of experience he's still a relatively young player. He just needs a few good games in a row and he'll settle in.

Don't forget this dude has had multiple 30+ pt games and has an assist high of 14.

He needs more confidence.

He'll have some great games soon enough. He averaged 13/5 in his two years in Houston, his contract is too high but many teams will take a 13/5 PG (for the record I think he'll put up better numbers in LA) for $6-8 million. The China talk is an exaggeration.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Lakers ball movement are terrible. I saw Jeremy got open on the perimeter many times but his teammates didn't pass, opting to bullrush in traffic instead.

I think he can be involved in many ways, not just when the entire lineup is geared towards him. But that's the key, he has to be involved and utilized when he is open. He will thrive in a team that has good ball movement.

he would be nice on the spurs now that i think about it.

anywhere else would be bad tho

I rep Lakers!

I like him as our backup PG going forward. Kinda like a Sasha/Farmar hybrid. Players like him are huge coming off the bench for championship teams

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Kobe's eats PGs alive, **** passing you the ball, iso kobe all day, thats what Kobe was trying to tell Lin but he doesn't understand, too beta

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine

Definitely. I think Pop and his system would be great for him.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    he would be nice on the spurs now that i think about it.

anywhere else would be bad tho

Cocaine80s saying something non critical of Lin

Banned

He is downright garbage right now. I don't trust him to drive to the basket. He will make his shots in rhythm or open but he can't do anything when he drives. He loses the ball too much to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    He'll be fine. Just needs to find his groove. He's had games of 17 and 18pts already. He played good tonight and against the Clippers.

If you can do that against cp3 and the Suns backcourt you should be fine.

Not that he doesn't have his issues but in terms of experience he's still a relatively young player. He just needs a few good games in a row and he'll settle in.

Don't forget this dude has had multiple 30+ pt games and has an assist high of 14.

He needs more confidence.
    Yep. But somehow I don`t think Kobe will let him get neither the ball nor confidence